Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Projects and Plans

First off, Hey everyone!!!
    I've been gone a bit.....Health stuff and what not but I'm back better and stronger with big plans for the future!

​​​​​I chopped the bubble gum on the 25th and the Amnesia Haze on the 28th. After a 7 day dry, the bubble gum went into the CVault container for curing. 65% RH so it needs a few days of burping. The Haze needs a few more days of drying.
    I got 80g after dry trimming of nice solid bud. I know it's called bubble gum but this bud smelled like the freshest garlic knots. Very spicy garlic. I can't wait to smoke some. The smell is super interesting.

The gorilla glue auto is getting 18/6 lights. She's under the new Viparspectra XS1500pro. @ about 600PAR(going up slowly as the plant ages) Happy frog soil, perlite, dolomite lime, nature's living soil auto, mycorrhizae, top dress light compost. Tap water filtered with Frizzlife under sink water filter coming out at 7.3pH @ 130~PPM. I still let it still 24 hours before using and I add TPS silica about 1ml per gallon maybe less. I use GH pH down sometimes to get it to 6.8pH but because I get acidity issues, I just use the 7.3 and get the best results. Humidity around 50-55%
    As you can see with the GG#4
    ​​She's got some red stems but I always seem to get red stems early into bloom. I'm using dolomite lime and it seems promising but clearly I still keep getting an acidity issues around this time. I do a light flush and add some compost and molasses to get the aerobic microbes going again and it's usually fine going forward. She got huge from the long and lanky sprout that I did a 90° bend. Still has a way to go.

The 2 Bruce banner autos under the Spider farmer SF 2000 light @ about 500PAR(slowly increasing as the plant ages.... 5/5 seeds from ilgm almost a month in and they're tiny. At this point in the grow, the GG4 was almost to the rim on all sides. The Bruce banner just stays really short. She'll grow some nice buds but won't get really big.

Next grow is some GSC from ilgm. Last grow I got 3oz in a 4 gallon bucket. With better LST, I'm sure I can get over 5oz in a 5 gallon bucket so I'm excited for that! The grow after that it's going to be some Tangie and Blue dream autos from Fast Buds! Super excited about that grow! Then I'm going to do a photo grow (not sure what strains or breeders)and take a break next summer. Summer growing sucks up here in the north east. Plus I want to go camping and stuff.

But yeah. Really been getting my grow dialed in. Things are going smoother and smoother each grow. The yields are getting better and better with each grow. Still working on getting a longer dry. 7 days is about as good as I get even if I cut down the plant whole. The cure always goes fairly smooth. I still have plenty Bruce banner, GG4 and GSC from the last 2 grows. .... Yes I got the super autoflower pack on ilgm for my birthday. What a difference decent genetics makes. All the struggles I had growing seeds I found in weed. But even that didn't discourage me, nor the spider mites. Growing is just super Zen for me and I'll be doing it for the foreseeable future. Been learning lighting science, soil science, microbes, fungi, botany and biology in general. Lots of fascinating stuff out there.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
    🪴 MAC1 x Blue Dream 3x (crossed Blimburn)*Regular
    🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics)*Regular

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 1x

Like your work.

I am going to try and dry them like that next run.
    I dried them a tad fast last dry (4 to 6 days) and they were a tad over dry (around 50%RH in jars), hung by the bud, and I much prefer a slow dry. Outdoor grows I just used to flip the whole plant and give it a couple of weeks generally. Im certain the slower the dry the better the quality.

I used to make my own soil, loved it, but given up on that now my grows have moved indoors. The soil on my new property is amazing and I just plant straight into it..nothing required. Everything loves it. It's black top soil to about 3' deep. Easy to dig too.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I would LOVE to grow outdoors but the one time I tried, someone came and ripped the whole plant out of the ground like 3 weeks before harvest. It wasn't even ready 🤣 still annoying but they probably didn't get a good high since it wasn't ready. Maybe one day when I move away from this damn city.
      I've considered coco but with my health being finicky, I rather have a substrate that can hold nutrition and water just in case I won't be around a few days. I usually just amend the soil with all the goods and I don't have to do anything expect water for the first month and a half.

My next photo run in even going to do some weed topiary. Not sure what weird shape I want to grow yet but it's going to be fun. A little side project along with my main grow. Plants are cool. They can do so much and be grown in so many different ways. Always cool to see what other ppl are doing and getting some tips and tricks
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Okay so I guess we're topping an auto as it's starting to bloom ..... The Bruce banner auto genetics from ilgm are terrible. Out of the super auto pack all the Bruce banner seeds performed the worst. The GSC and GG4 are fantastic.

I want to bend my branch like I normally do and it just snaps with the intensity of a string bean. That was definitely not my intention. They were already underperforming the last thing I needed was to top it as it's starting to bloom 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Why can't it be cooperative like the Gorilla glue that thing turned into a giant beast.

Just going to have to see what happens..... If these don't get bigger in the next 2 weeks I think I might pop the GSC seeds early. Love the Bruce banner strain. Don't like these seeds. Maybe I'll get a photo Bruce banner. I still prefer photos over autos
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

On a positive note.....a week into cure and the buds are looking great and smelling great!! 80g of amnesia Haze which has a nice lemon licorice kinda smell and 80g of bubble gum which smells like amazing garlic knots for some reason. More savory then fruity but that's okay. The buds are hard as rocks.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll have the plate on the left LOL I'm glad you are happy with your product enjoy.

Left is the Amnesia Haze. Not a favorite of mine but the seed was free. I'm more excited about the bubble gum on the right. .
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Bruh since when is my father a cannabis cultivator????? Wtf? Also why can he grow outdoors??? If I try to grow outdoors my shit neighbors will steal my plant...

The down side. He doesn't realize he has a male right next to a female.. they look like they could use some nitrogen too
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Those three in the pic look like girls to me...the biggest one on the left is hardest to sex though...but I'd be guessing fem.

• No3odiesShad0w
              No3odiesShad0w commented
              Editing a comment
              Too bad he's using like half gallon pots. He's got giant 5 gallon buckets all around. That male gotta go though. I don't need pollen on me when I visit........I do my laundry there..... Might have to go and get rid of the male for my own peace of mind

Bluey here's a close up of both. The small one isn't showing sex yet
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              First pic I'd call female.
              Second pic yeah def. Male.
              You want to find out where he got the seed from and if the genetics are any good bag the male and pollinate a bud or two on the female?

• No3odiesShad0w
              No3odiesShad0w commented
              Editing a comment
              Bluey I know where he got the seeds from.... His drinking buddy..... It's the same seeds I tried growing like a year and a half and kept getting Hermies and males and just crap garbage weed. It's trash. Mostly just seeds he found in weed, grew and has been growing seedy bud for years and smoking it saying it's good 🤣🤣. I'll pass.
              Though in the future I might do some breeding..... With legit genetics from a good breeder not bunk weed seed. And I'm not interested in investing time and energy to find maybe a good nugget in trash. For now I'm more interested in weed topiary art. That's what I'm doing with my next photos. Just have to build the design in wire first then maybe a pheno hunt. But only if I can get Blue and cream reg seeds or maybe motorhead reg seeds. Those are favorites of mine. So would be worth the effort to get that goody

Thisb is why I wanna grow outdoors. I love growing outside. My strawberry patch gets me 30+ lbs of strawberries and growing every year!!
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

B1 Bruce banner is doing great. I got my 90 degree bend going with the lateral LST. She's just starting to stretch exactly 1 month after sprout and plenty V flowers popping up everywhere!!! The inter node spacing on this one is TIGHT!! There's already 8 to 10 nodes and she's like 6inches long at best 8in. The GG4 is 5x the size with similar node count. But she's really stretchy. Very wide inter node spacing.

B2 Bruce banner is the one that I accidently topped just at the start of flower. She has a total of 3 nodes so 6 top colas with smaller internode colas. Might be an interesting grow since she didn't have much plant to focus all that energy and growth into. She's obviously going to branch out laterally because she got topped. But with so few branches.... Very possible sage might have some BIG BIG colas. She's looking healthy and growing strong even with the slight burp for one day. Quick recovery.! Maybe I was wrong about the ILGM Bruce banner auto genetics. We'll see in 2 months. 😉

​​​​​​GG4 is doing well. I watered her today to runoff with 7.3ph water. We got runoff at 5.7-5.9 ish. Way up from the last watering which was at 5.1pH. This means the soil should be on the upswing with pH. Not a moment too soon. She's 18 days into bloom +/- with the pH hopefully in a better spot, she'll get more nutrients and continue to improve. Still a shame about the acidity but I've taken steps to prevent that in the Bruce banners and it seems to be working so far. I'll know how well the next watering when I give them a good Soil drench..
              I gave her a mix of fulvic acid, molasses, pinch of yucca powder extract and myco with the watering. Get those good microbes doing their thing and stabilizing that pH for me so the plants can get to the good stuff.

ALSO put up a LIGHT POLE TODAY!! No more making holes in my ceiling and using anchors everytime I need to shift the lights over and inch or 2. Now it's as easy as slide it down the pole and I have space for one more 2x2 light!!!!!!!!! If this viparspectra xs1500pro gives me some good bud then I'm getting a second one. I'm loving the lens on the LEDs SUPER EVEN lux and PAR readings across the board. I'm incredibly impressed with the quality and science of this light....I just want to see what kind of product it can give me ... Otherwise I'll get another spider farmer light. I've had great success with my SF2000.
              Tomorrow I change the regular outlet to a proper GFI outlet since it's near the plants and with watering and spray potentially getting on the outlet, i want to make sure everything is super safe.

18 hours of light 6 of dark
              Bruce banner DLI around 30 and slowly increasing as the plant grows towards the light
              GG4 DLI is around 35 and growing!!
              All around decent numbers based on where they are in their life cycles. Just need that pH in the GG4 to stabilize and I'll be even happier.

Well that's all for now! Happy growing!
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

I think my little microbe and mushroom tea worked. The gorilla glue just exploded in flowers everywhere!!! You brush up against them and they're SO sticky. I don't think the stems will loose their red. I'm noticing some leaves look like they're heat stressed despite the room being 72. My guess is over watering..... In my attempt to fix the pH I had to do a few heavy waterings with up to 30% runoff. For the next few days I'm just going to let her keep on drying. I did add water to the top because I can't let it get bone dry. That's where the top dress feed is. I definitely need that center to dry out a bit but aside from that. Much improvement on the pH. The plant shows it the soil was so acidic, the leaves were looking like the were plastic and shiney. Next watering I'll top feed. Replenish the microbes and nutrition. It's been about 3 weeks since the last feed and you have to plan ahead with organic top feeds. They need time to break down. DLI 42.5

B1. Bruce banner is doing great. DLI 40 I see the slightest pink on the stems just by the leaf but the rest of the stem is green. Looks like the dolomite lime is doing it's thing. By this point I would have all red stems like what happened to the GG4. I haven't watered to runoff yet. I need her just a bit bigger. Maybe next watering. Just to make sure things are okay but she looks great.

B2 topped Bruce banner. DLI 40 This is the BB that I accidently topped. She's looking great. Side branching is strong. The top 2 stems are growing crazy fast. Easily an inch or more a Day. An interesting mistake. She could be much bigger but color wise, she looks better than her sister. No red on the stems anywhere. The colors on the leaves are beautiful green shades.... It's a shame I topped her. She would have been bigger than her sister for sure..

Bubble Gum and Amnesia Haze are on week 2 of cure. Opening down to every other day. The temp and humidity have been fairly stable. I did add a boveda pack because they were on the lower end of 58%. I wanted it around 60. We have just about that. They both smell lovely. 2 more weeks and I'm going to try some. Man time flies... Already 2 weeks into cure...

Happy Growing!

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  58% is pretty good for cure just takes longer.

To bring them up to 62% I just spray a fine mist on the inside of the lid. Don't let it drip and seal for 3 to 4 days...a decent spray where large droplets form will take about a week to come up and somewhere around the 5% range around there. Could take 8 days to come right up....just be patient. I find sealing at 62 they come down to 60 after a couple of months and at 60 you can store for a long long long time without issue.

Bluey yeah that seems like it would do the trick. I just put the boveda(62%) pack in for 2 days. Today I burped the containers and I removed the packs. They should be stabilized by now. For long term I'll just drop in a 58% small size pack and it'll be fine but I try not to depend on these things. I have faith in the cure technique and temps/humidity. I'm going to look into a vacuum sealer. I can do 1/4 packs and store then away. Once of those disk humidity packs if they need it. Otherwise.... Best way to store and free up my Cvault for the next cure
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

That purple punch Auto freebie......I just looked up the strain..... It sounds amazing. Right up my alley and I have been wanting something grape. Just wasn't sure what. Man I'm hype about these new seeds!!
                  ​​​The gramps's stash x end game Ethos freebie sounds interesting and it's a purple strain too.
                  I can pop 1 auto next run along with my GSC and GG4 seeds. Then I wanna do a winter run of the photos because that's when I do my best work. Temps are perfect and easy to maintain with minimal energy input. That's when I'll plant 1 seed of the M Zkittlez and take cuttings to get 2 or 3 plants. I'll also do 1 of the gramps's stash x end game seeds. By then I might have a 3rd light enough for 4 plants 2x2 size
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope it's as good as the photoperiod of purple punch which is one of my top 3 favs. Never tried auto of it. Yep for me it's after nov. when i'll do indoor photos also. I'm gonna run slurricaine hopefully. I have a beauty of a grape auto cross outdoors now it's about less than a month away from harvest the frost on it like i've not seen except when i run indoor photos like GG4 sticky as can be. Have fun growing your out, love me some zkittles too

SoOrbudgal top 3 you say? i guess i did luck out on a freebie this time. I'm about to have the rest of my Mandarin Zkittlez right now ....ill have to hit up the dispensary for more in the mean time. Only 2 more weeks of cure for my bubble gum and amnesia haze. Can't wait to try those.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm also substituting with some dispensary weed as my OG Kush harvest is curing also. Yes i do quick dry several buds of it and blend it with the what-ever $2 grams they sell. I sure hope it's not the airsenic weed they keep warning us about here. It's a blueberry muffin strain they are pulling, i keep asking what grower their purchasing from so i hope there truthful, i think they are? I think it's so cheap cause of the glut of weed stashes growers got, or black market???

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's 1000's of tons in storage in NA as supply has exceeded demand for a long time now.

Medicinal flower has more than halved here in the past year. It's a tad cheaper than black market atm and I expect it will continue in that direction for some time. Nowhere near $2/gm yet

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X