No announcement yet.

Projects and Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curiosity got the best of me..... I'm going to see what my dad has ruin in the backyard there..... I took a cutting of his female.... His are looking hungry and hungry..... I'll bring some wife back into this girl yet!
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 4x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics) *Reg

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Comment

Had to delete my old post. Partial address in a picture. Kinda sorta. Better to be safe 😅
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

It's been a week already!! Update time!

Gorilla glue auto.
        She is finally a month-ish into bloom. I watered today with 7.2 water and got runoff at 6.5 so we are within range. Future waterings will be at 6.5-6.8 pH. Should be smooth sailing. That top cola is going to be bigger than my hand before it's done!! So many bud sites. Once these buds fill in this month, she's going to be a beast! By August 20th in going to start looking at the trichomes every few days. Shouldn't be later than September.

Bruce banner
        B1 I did a little LST and the next morning I came in the room and saw a branch on the floor. Not the top cola just a side branch. It's always something! Lololol. Aside from that she looks great. The leaves are so dark green they feel like sandpaper almost. Lots of bud sites and buds forming but they're smaller than her sisters.

B2 is the one I accidently topped. She's got 8 main colas and the flowers are much bigger compared to her sisters. I guess because fewer places to move nutrients, she can really focus all that energy into bud growth. Either way she looks fantastic too! I notice her praying for light more often too.

I watered all the plants with 7.2 pH molasses water today. The pH seems to be at a much better place. The Bruce banners aren't showing and red stems. Maybe a dab of color here and there but nothing like what the gorilla went through. They're praying for light. Things are going much better when I'm home to look after stuff and not in the hospital.

The cutting is slowly coming to life. The rooting gels really work well! I took off the dome and I still spray the leaves. By next week she'll be growing again.

ORDERED MORE SEEDS!! Fast Budz 420 blue dream and tangie autos!!! I can squeeze in 1 more auto run before my big photo finish. I'm not going to do summer grows anymore....AC electric bill is expensive AF!!! If I plant them mid August I'll finish late November just in time to give my photos space to SCRoG out. I really really really love blue dream and I just wanted an excuse to grow more. While tangie is great for music. Variety is the spice of life!

I'll be done with my photo grow by March and end of April I'm going to Yellowstone national Park. Always wanted to go. Perfect reward for all the hard work. Anyways much love and happy growing!
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          My favorite all time camping roadtrip was Yellowstone and the Tetons. Nothing but awe struck by the soaring mountains, listening to the wolfs during the evenings and early mornings. I have a photo a picture I purchased in a gallery in Montana, it's of a herd of elk running ontop of a small mountain in the snow being chased by several wolfs. The photographer's story of the pic said he'd watched this event unfold and stayed for hours watching and then the elk returned back across the hill without the bull elk just the cows.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't wait I've been planning on going for years. I want to hear the wolf songs at night and see the stars in their full glory. I wanna see the sulfuric pools of water and old faithful. I'm going to take so many pictures with my S23 Ultra. I can't wait.
          With the health slowly getting better I'm hoping to get back out into nature more. That's why I'm trying to get these next few grows down well and I'll have enough product to last myself, my best friend all summer long. Growing in the summer sucks up here. I want to save the summer for nature and outdoor stuff like my vegetable garden.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to put up the Mars hydro light so I can get the purple punch Auto going. As soon as the gorilla is done in a month, the purple punch will be ready to take the spot and I'll get the next going. Autos are awesome like that I realized.

My father's male plant is blooming. Even has some bees collecting pollen. I forgot to post it on Saturday. Just interesting. I've never seen a male plant bloom in person... I usually got rid of them as soon as I found out they were males. It's interesting how it grows so much taller so that the pollen could fall on top of other plants.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          When growing outdoors here the first clue as to the males was normally the height. They have a growth spurt or stretch earlier and seem to mature quicker. The early ones would start dropping little bits of pollen before the females had even got into preflower. I'd often let them go a bit early on in the misplaced hope that something may come of them without risk of getting seedy buds on the girls. You could bag some pollen and pull the males and then wait for the fems to flower without much concern.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no I'm just watching from a distance.. this is good science data right here and first hand get to see it all happen. Plus i took a cutting of the females.... So if it's anything good I'll know with my set up. It's just super interesting and my dad doesn't smoke so he won't care if has seeds. I get to watch and learn.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Even indoors when you have regular seeds, the males will almost always be bigger, faster growing, look overall better and bulkier than the females. They really have to push it to get as high up as they can to have wind do some of the work as well as insects

The Blue Dream and Tangie auto seeds are here!!!!! Acapulco Gold Auto freebie! The Blue Dream and Tangie are getting planted mid August. The Purple Punch auto is getting planted beginning of August...... The Acapulco Gold will get saved for now. I can't wait for the Blue Dream.... Last time I grew it, I loved loved loved the smoke. I wonder how much better it could have been if I didn't have a spider mites infestation?

Also the cutting perked up her leaves today. 9 days after taking a cutting. This is why I use rooting gel. It works everytime and cuts down rooting from 3 weeks down to about 1.5. Not really sure what to do with her tbh. I don't have the space really for growing a mystery cultivar. I need to set up the Mars hydro light this weekend so I can have an extra light to do extra stuff.

Super hype about all the grows and varieties in going to have this year!!
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Oh also...I couldn't wait to try the bubble gum... So I put some in my volcano vape last night and OMG it smells nothing like it tastes. It smells like fresh buttery garlic knots with herbs fresh out of the oven.... But when your smoke it, it tastes like Sweet floral bubble gum with some tang and dank. SUCH A GREAT FLAVOR!! The haze smells a little like hay so I'm not expecting that one to be as great but the Bubble Gum..... That one is a big win!!!! Smells great!. Tastes great! Looks great!!(trim could be better but it's for me to smoke so idc much doesn't have to look all perfect). I call it a BIG success!!! I could have harvested sooner. It's very couch locky and def a before bed type smoke. I'll have pictures from the microscope in the near future of both cultivars.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man that's why i grow different strains also. Enjoy growing and harvesting & living life.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            That's definitely the plan until the cancer takes me 🤣
            I just really wish I could resolve this red stems issue. There has not been a single grow in the whole 3 years that I've grown that has not had red stems. Veg all good no problems. Going into bloom I get red stems and leaves start dying and then I'm battling soil acidity of like 4.8 all the way till harvest. I should have had at least 6 oz on the amnesia haze if not more and probably 5 oz on the bubble gum but I got under three on both. I'm sure it's definitely cutting into my yields.

Oh yeah she's definitely rooted!!!
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Grow baby grow!
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

The whole "you don't need to worry about pH when you organic grow" is such a LOAD OF HORSESHIT. My Water going in is 7.2 with ppm of 130ish. Fox farm happy frog soil. That should be Gucci for an organic grow right??? I mean shit even with synthetic you can get away with that pH after you add the nutes you'll get like 6.5. Why is my runoff 5.2 to 5.5pH.
              ​​​
              WHY IS THE SOIL SO ACIDIC??? My Lord. EVERY SINGLE GROW. IDK how to avoid it. I know WHY it happens. I just don't know what to effectively do about it. I'm trying Prilled Dolomite Lime and it's questionable if it's doing anything. I've been putting about 1 tablespoon per gallon and it doesn't seem enough. I don't even know how much I need for a 5 gallon soil to go up 1.0 pH ....... Some sites say half cup to a cup per gallon. Others say 1-2 tablespoons....... That's a HUGE DISCREPANCY! If I put half a cup in there and then my pH swings to 8.5 then I'm doing just as much harm as I would having it super acidic. YouTube videos tell how to much to add for acres of land... That doesn't help me.

Should I just start watering with like 8.5 water??? After it goes through the super acidic soil, I should get runoff at 6.5ish but that will leave me with the problem of different layers of soil might be different pH..... The top half of the soil will be high while the bottom will be low pH. Secondly, that's going to be a lot of potassium carbonate going into the water. Not sure what problems that would cause

Should I try a different soil or medium because the fox farm soil... For 2 years almost it's the same problem time and time and time again. Will I get better results in coco? I just haven't wanted to change because it's a whole different learning curve and I just wanna grow some weed....3 years of learning is enough. I want some damn results that don't just end up on edibles because it's not smokable..... What problems will I have with Coco.... Hella frustrated.

Veg is PERFECT. Not a single issue during veg... My plants look amazing, grow amazing, let me SCRoG with no problem everything is perfect...... Then boom starts and the stretch. After the stretch stops, I start getting the red stems and plants start losing some color. As bloom continues it just gets worse and worse. The gorilla is a month in but it looks like in a week I'm gonna lose ALL my leaves.

The Bruce banner for example....11 days into bloom and I have red stems everywhere..... Soon the color is going to start draining from them and same shit will start to happen like what happened with the Gorilla glue. Exactly the same time... Exactly the same problem, exactly don't have a solution.

Any recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

​​​​​​​Remember I do have my dad's cutting. That's my experiment plant. I can change the medium, I can switch to synthetic, I can add more dolomite lime per gallon....... I'm willing to try whatever. I NEED this issue resolved. I lost out like 2 weeks of growth already and the plants health is just declining. I need to prevent and adjust the soil in the Bruce banner otherwise.... Same bullshit.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Can I still do the living soil method but with Coco coir and perlite? Since Coco likes 5.8ph maybe better for my situation? I never tried but I need to know because I don't want to fuck up on the blue dream and tangie seeds
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If growing in coco you must give coco nutes...it's arguably the best medium and easiest to manage with maximum yields comparable to other top yields, if not the best for indoors.

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do still have the GH Trio and Cal/mag synthetic nutrient line. But I would prefer to use compost and worm castings, mycorrhizae and the like over synthetics...... But..... If synthetics will give me less headaches then I'll do synthetic indoors and keep doing organic in my garden outdoors.

I really think the problem is the fox farm soil.....I had issues running synthetic with it, organic, synganic. Always acidity issues.

I added 5 tsp to each plant of the dolomite lime. I looked back at my notes and when I did it in July 3, there was a noticable uptick in positive growth. Maybe I just need to add more so I did 5 tsp instead of just 3.
                Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 07-27-2023, 05:06 AM.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

So I ordered Canna coco 50L bag. I have a huge bag of # 4 perlite to mix in so I didn't get a pre mixed variety. I got a better PPM/EC meter because I have the cheap vivosun one from Amazon. I picked up the Inkbird TDS meter.

I just need to figure out the cal mag situation. Like do I water with call mag each time or will my organic amendments have enough of what I need? Because realistically if I had perfect pH then the plants would look amazing but because of the acidity, they look like trash and can't take up nutrients.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

This is the Amnesia Haze. Def looks like I chopped a bit early... Which I expected but she was turning all yellow on me. Flavor wise she tastes like lemon wood. Not great but not terrible. The high on the other hand is actually really nice and uplifting. Not bad out of the vape either.
                    she's not perfect but she's smokable.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

The bubble gum on the other hand I absolutely love! The flavor, the smell, the couch lock..... All great! Out of the vape, it tastes like super fruity and sweet gum. It smells way more spicy than it smokes. Very smooth. I'm very happy with this one.
                      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Turns out the one on the right is a male too. Later Boomer. But I already knew all 3 are garbage genetics
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X