No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still got some time on the clock here, but things are going well on the roof.
    The big one is 70” tall from the soil. About 7’ with the pot.
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I loved growing autos on my roof at my old place. It had all day sun but i never put a photoperiod up there because of strong winds i'd often have to go and pick them up they'd topple over. I hope we get to harvest some plants with more amber but it's not looking good for me in so. oregon. It was smokey last evening and today overcast an cooler cause rains are coming sunday. Good luck

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya wind can be a problem. Last time I had the pots tied down. This time I’m using a Blumat watering system which keep the soil constantly moist, so there is more weight in the pots and they seem to stay put. Now I have the tomato cages in place for support I may tie them anyway.
      I’m considering building a make shift poly roof to protect them from the bulk of the fall rain, that should up the anti on the wind problem, but Im worried about getting to the finish line.

I love it! Beautiful plants you have there.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Well I'm out. Pulled the trigger on Friday. Started trimming the girls. Had too much rot and was worried about losing the whole thing. 30 mph winds with rain for another 4 day stretch was impossible to keep them dry. Finished them today after a total of 22 hrs of jail. Lost about 25% to rot. Didn't take any chances and tossed anything that looked suspicious. What's left looks and smells great. A little more amber than I thought. Hoping for around 30 jars from the two with what's left. Always feels lonely outside after the chop, even thought this grow wasn't as much fun as past grows. Next year have to manage size much better and look into a small greenhouse.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey GreenState. Yea wish I could have gone a few more weeks. They would have had more amber and swelled some more. Last year I made it to middle of October with great results. I had more bud worms this year than ever. Every branch that had rot had a few worms. The branches that didn't were clean. The worms must open the bud to the rot and it spreads thru the branch. Just a tough season.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Bowhunterwoody I forgot to add, very nice trimming work!

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks GreenState. Had to be thorough with the worms and rot to look for.

Yes it's not looking good weather wise now. Man it's windy and raining hard. My plants are staying dry with the covers i got but crap i may go out there and chop off upper colas like Bluey is saying. I've got one plant that's getting hit hard with bud worms the others not nearly as bad. My biggest tallest ones aren't even close to me using any of it yet, mid Oct. if i can keep them from getting mold. My neighbors canopy blew over from the wind. Well i'll do somemore thinking, rather tired from my food delivers today and dodged a few dumb drivers with the first rains an slick rodes, saw accident on the freeway this morning. Ugh i'm gonna wait till tomorrow.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The outdoor plants are still chugging along. The fan leaves have been stripped, and there is a daily bud rot screening conducted every morning and evening. In the barn at night and outside in the day. I'm really pushing it having them out so late but as can be seen they just are not ready for harvest yet. The race is still on who will win, the buds, the cold or the rot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230925_132844.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	605726

The biggest colas so far, except for the ones that were cut.

Name:	20230925_132208.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	605727

A close up- they really need more time.

Name:	20230925_132216.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	605728
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Agreed. Sucks fighting the weather in these conditions. All I can say is try freakshow next year. she is one of the few strains that didn't get bud rot or caterpillar damage. And she don't mind having wet roots.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Feel terrible for all of you dealing with bud rot, although my girls were late to the party so theres still time i suppose. Temps are still lower than usual with daytime highs, low to mid 70s. WPM is my main battle, i thought since the humidity dropped and has hung around low 60s, we might see some relief but its EVERYWHERE! Trimmed off many of the large fan leaves and will probably cut more off today. Oh ya, for the last few days there is swarms of fruit flies out...they stick in the buds real good...like a fly trap. First time growing Sour Diesel....shes smelly. Very sour odor. Guess i better dig around in some of these buds for rot today.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I plan on defoilating more also stripping as much of the larger leaves as possible on my 3 in the greenhouse. I bought me a small little short foldable chair with a back only big enough for my butt to sit barely LOL but i'm gonna sit inside the tent and do a major defoil on them prior to hanging them in garage. It will be wedding cake and 2 3run homers. Got me nervous about bud rot

We have had near 5" of rain this last week, with RH @ 100%, now that the sun again shines this plant may just get the ax today. Her sister is the one that gave up 48 quarts, I dont think she'll do that well. May get more rain tonight, I would like to have her under sun for another week, but like others I am afraid of the dreaded Bud Rot (echo echo echo). The bud worms have not attacked her like they did that 8 Ball Kush, not that I have not found a few, manly bore worms. I have cleared the hanging space for her to go in, 8 Ball is almost ready to jar.

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Some nice looking harvest you got there. Rain and humidity, got to watch the weather can't control that. I go day to day waiting to see if it is chop time.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanx, she's hangin now, no more worrying bout that BR shit!

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              After getting things hung, time to kick back a bit

Colombian Purple, getting so heavy the limbs are bending down and some need support. She's a good 10 feet tall, not seeing bud worms but a few borers. With her 10-20 weeks in flower I hope she is at least all milky before the first frost. I am a bit worried about Bud rot on this girl as well, oh ya this was from free seeds. I can hardly wait until I can fill a bowl with these buds. With the rains and cooler temps she is looking better, I just know her roots got to hot with the 100-110*F and 123* "feels like temp" (in the shade). We'll be in the 90s until the next cold front

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Crossing my fingers for you she makes it till milky an then some

Well i've just done a real deep scope of all the plants. I took a couple of top colas some side branches and scoped them out. Very few amber, almost all were cloudy i hung them inside a spare BR where my tent is. I've done some bud worm damage control and cut out some rot from their munches. How i love to squeesh there little bodies, grusome i know but i can't take much more because i'm so stubborn to a fault and i want to see more amber in the trichs. Colors are just beautiful. That's the freak show bud shot she is sticky as anything i've grown. And all cloudy trichs. Anyone who's grown this strain does she amber any??? I know she's a sativa gal but do i chop at cloudy she's lost 80% of her leaf. I've seen zero mold on any of them. So i'm sitting it out for the time being who the heck likes to see more amber an is a gambler??........ME but not with my $$$ Oh and Poppy is tickled about going outside without rain for now.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Luv the colours you got going on there

• golfnrl
              golfnrl commented
              Editing a comment
              Love those colors, very impressive. I was going to ask about the pup. Seems to be having a good time!

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Fall is here, some favorite colors. Maybe make that pattern into wall paper.

Awesome grow my lady. Yeah freakshow never ambered up on me but I took her down at 13 weeks for the same reasons and we had a tropical storm moving in. Smoke was still awesome. Very cerebral buzz.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              One thing I've noticed about Freaks is that they don't tend to have much amber if any.

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Now you all have me thinking about freaks. How do they do indoors? They look like a larger type of plant.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Indoors ideal for those I would have thought. They like a bit higher temps through most of the grow from what I've seen. Slow to get going and cam be finicky. Easier to lose if neglected.

Pretty cool plant. They remind me of ABC.

I can't believe that the outdoor grow is still going. Cloudy and 60s today but next week- high 70s and even 81 predicted on Tuesday! No rain forecast until next Saturday. So I will roll the dice, bud rot FO. The short one has lost 50% or more and the other two about 35% each. I could chop and run but they just are not ready. If I can get one more week... They are really putting out the dank and it is a wonderful rich onion and skunk smell. There are still many white pistils but some are turning brown. The trichs are mostly clear with about 20% cloudy. Yeah, one more week of good 6-7 hour days of hot sun should do it. Outdoors this late in the season, unheard of. They spend the night in the barn to avoid the 50* nights and soaking with due. Just got to beat that rot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230930_095001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.15 MB ID:	606214

a proud bud, last survivor of the tallest colas

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230930_095048.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.66 MB ID:	606212

Not ready yet
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20230930_095039.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	606213
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Smallgrow
              Smallgrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Hang in there 🤞

I'm going to harvest soon. All the tric's are cloudy and the pistils are darkening. I could wait but it's been so wet lately that the dead leaves aren't crispy but soft. I don't see mold but think conditions are great for it. I really loved the taste test from 10 days ago so I'm expecting good stuff. I cut two small samples for one more taste test.
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

And then there was one (white widow). Made the decision to chop the mystery girl (pretty sure it's GG4).
              Really pleased with the results, patience paid off and should insure I won't grow this winter at all, which I'm thrilled about.
              So we're down to the WW.

Name:	IMG_4950.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	5.24 MB
ID:	606281

Attached Files
              "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice! Very healthy looking. Man those colas are thick. Does look like frost. 40s here. 5.5 inches of rain Friday. Think a guy up the road is building an ark. Crazy.

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha,ha...no frost ,just heavy morning dew.

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                What a specimen! Awesome.

Dew on everything here this morning and now it's 90⁰F. Humidity of a day below 20% and of a night over 90% here. 8" of rain forecast for the next 3 days....This grow season here I am certain will be a zero yield for outdoor growers.

I still need time , but hanging in there.
              Weather is good but the race is on 😬
              KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
              Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
              Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
              Maybe some compost teas
              Blumat watering system
              Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
              3x4x6’ tent
              Photontek 465wpro
              6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
              Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep i'm right there with you, i keep saying 2wks LOL keeping calm an carrying on.

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                Two weeks...

• Bootsy
                Bootsy commented
                Editing a comment
                2 weeks would do it, but rot hitting mine big time. set limitto chop if/when any get to around 50% buds left. thinking likely end of this week. sucks! so much fog at night now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X