Stop stretching please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop stretching please.

The stretch is killing me with my bruce banner. First dominant sativa i've ever grown. DWC , 300 watt LED .5 weeks in flower. I don't have the room for scrog right now. Any suggestions ??

Your light seems far, that would get them to stretch even more I'd think. My led is about 15" to 18" from the tops
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

I apologize for not mentioning this ... but I moved the light up before the photo. Started seeing signs of burn.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! No pb! How far you keep it usually

I think it's to late to do any thing but tie the branches away from the middle and bend them down as much as poss. U could weight them down to get away from light and it gives u more room for up growth just my .02$

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Potted nailed it

I think Potted has got this right. Bend them over as far as you can without super cropping. With a sativa dominant strain, you may well still have 5 to 7 (or possibly more) weeks to go.

Great looking plant by the way.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        One other thing that some have done, to revert back to your veg light to provide more blue spectrum to slow stretch.

If I am reading this right- you are in week #5 which is when the plant stops growing vertically and fills out.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I'm with Weed Pharma, Hopefully you'll see an end to upwards growth soon. This said, I had a sativa that just wouldn't stop growing ever. I'd be tempted to lollipop her and resort to supercropping if you run out of ceiling height.
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

I would supercropp real lightly and gentle just enough to tie down some of the tallest branches. Little stress won't affect much if you still have several weeks to go and no hurry. Better to harvest a a week later than run out of space or try to supercropp once developement has stoped and began ripenin

Comment

I had a huge Blackjack I had to tie down, she was 6 feet going into flower but I tied the stems down and around a cage, kind of like a big whirlpool shape. Just be careful, I ended up splitting a stem doing it.

Comment

Supercroping has no negative effects at all... it can be done at any stage through the plant's life with no ill effects ever ....bend them girls right over...first rolling between your fingers to soften them up then bend them right over...sativas..they will grow and grow...

Comment

This ^^ is something I learned about last year-don't be afraid to make a knuckle in a stem and bend them over. Just find a spot on the stem that isn't woody and give it a nice pinch-I pinch in one direction and then at a right angle-this doesn't damage the stem and allows you to fold an unruly branch over. Makes the canopy level and creates alot of new bud growth. A little B&D isn't a bad thing......
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X