Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowish and burnt tips in cannabis leaves

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yellowish and burnt tips in cannabis leaves

    Hi all, the lower leaves of my cannabis plant seems to have dried ends and yellowish colour. Is this nutrient burn or

    #2
    more info is required , perhaps a pic of the whole plant. Can’t really tell anything from the above info
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

    Comment


    • Warlock
      Warlock commented
      Editing a comment
      I have posted more pics down the thread. Can you please chrck

    #3
    Originally posted by Warlock View Post
    Hi all, the lower leaves of my cannabis plant seems to have dried ends and yellowish colour. Is this nutrient burn or
    You only need to post the same question 1 time, it will be answered. Most the time with new growers they chase the problems with adding more water or ferts and this causes leaf to react with either burning, yellowing or spots.

    Comment


      #4
      You have a PH issue. I cannot tell more than that with out more info and pics
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

      Comment


      • Warlock
        Warlock commented
        Editing a comment
        I have posted more pics

      #5
      Thank you all for your response. I will post a picture of the whole plant.

      Comment


        #6

        Comment


          #7
          Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
          You have a PH issue. I cannot tell more than that with out more info and pics
          I have posted more pics , can you check

          Comment


          • SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like your plants are wedged between bamboo plants and shaded. They need open area sunlight. What's the soil made of ? I have my thoughts but i don't think you are able to fix the issue do to the area you grow in.

          #8
          We cannot check your PH, you will need to do that. What is the PH? This is the first thing to check and fix if needed.
          What is that in the pots? Then we can move on to the lack of light issue.

          Comment


            #9
            If I remember correctly from a different post of yours, you are growing in a location where cannabis is not legal. If that's not you then disregard. Almost all of us either have been or currently are in locations where cannabis isn't legal to grow so we're very aware of having to DIY and find creative solutions. However, no matter how creative we get, cannabis needs certain things to grow and that is a good grow medium (organic soil, coco coir, hydro, etc.), appropriate amounts of light (light is food for plants, not nutrients contrary to what many first time growers think, me included!), correct temperatures/humidity, good nutrients (think of these as the equivalent of vitamins for humans), the correct amount and frequency of watering, and good ventilation/circulation.

            It looks like you're growing outdoors which takes care of the ventilation/circulation so that's good. However it looks like your grow medium is dirt you took from the ground. Unfortunately, while cannabis does grow in the wild in dirt, it only grows in dirt that has everything it needs. And even then, it only grows where the dirt is a good, healthy soil full of organic ingredients, worms, fungi, and bacteria that all come together to help it grow. So step number 1: You need a better grow medium. You can use soil, but find something that has good aeration and drainage.

            Growing outdoors removes the need for grow lights so that's awesome...the sun is free! However, as SoOrbudgal mentioned, they actually need to be out in the open sunlight. If you're trying to be stealthy due to legal concerns, you can still do this by using a fence or a somewhat private area. Step #2: get those girls into the light!

            It looks like, partially due to the grow medium as well as the plastic bags/pots you are growing in, your watering regime may need some adjusting. It looks like the soil you have is very dense and compacted and the plastic containers don't let any extra water run out or any oxygen to the roots. Step #3: work on your watering volume and frequency

            Those are just a few options for you. They may sound basic and boring, but it's often the case that most plant problems can be remedied by going back to the basics which is pretty much true with any endeavor. Some of these solutions to your issues have to be fixed before you even plant a seed, so keep these in mind for the next time. In the meantime, fix what you can, learn from this grow, and put the lessons into practice on your next round!

            And don't feel bad...we were all newbies at one time and we've all made mistakes. The only difference between growers who harvest great cannabis and growers who don't is that we've had more time to learn from our mistakes. And if you intend on growing long-term, you'll have to find peace and joy in learning from mistakes. Plus, even if it's a dismal harvest, at least you have cannabis at the end!
            Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
            Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

            Comment


              #10
              Originally posted by AGH View Post
              If I remember correctly from a different post of yours, you are growing in a location where cannabis is not legal. If that's not you then disregard. Almost all of us either have been or currently are in locations where cannabis isn't legal to grow so we're very aware of having to DIY and find creative solutions. However, no matter how creative we get, cannabis needs certain things to grow and that is a good grow medium (organic soil, coco coir, hydro, etc.), appropriate amounts of light (light is food for plants, not nutrients contrary to what many first time growers think, me included!), correct temperatures/humidity, good nutrients (think of these as the equivalent of vitamins for humans), the correct amount and frequency of watering, and good ventilation/circulation.

              It looks like you're growing outdoors which takes care of the ventilation/circulation so that's good. However it looks like your grow medium is dirt you took from the ground. Unfortunately, while cannabis does grow in the wild in dirt, it only grows in dirt that has everything it needs. And even then, it only grows where the dirt is a good, healthy soil full of organic ingredients, worms, fungi, and bacteria that all come together to help it grow. So step number 1: You need a better grow medium. You can use soil, but find something that has good aeration and drainage.

              Growing outdoors removes the need for grow lights so that's awesome...the sun is free! However, as SoOrbudgal mentioned, they actually need to be out in the open sunlight. If you're trying to be stealthy due to legal concerns, you can still do this by using a fence or a somewhat private area. Step #2: get those girls into the light!

              It looks like, partially due to the grow medium as well as the plastic bags/pots you are growing in, your watering regime may need some adjusting. It looks like the soil you have is very dense and compacted and the plastic containers don't let any extra water run out or any oxygen to the roots. Step #3: work on your watering volume and frequency

              Those are just a few options for you. They may sound basic and boring, but it's often the case that most plant problems can be remedied by going back to the basics which is pretty much true with any endeavor. Some of these solutions to your issues have to be fixed before you even plant a seed, so keep these in mind for the next time. In the meantime, fix what you can, learn from this grow, and put the lessons into practice on your next round!

              And don't feel bad...we were all newbies at one time and we've all made mistakes. The only difference between growers who harvest great cannabis and growers who don't is that we've had more time to learn from our mistakes. And if you intend on growing long-term, you'll have to find peace and joy in learning from mistakes. Plus, even if it's a dismal harvest, at least you have cannabis at the end!

              yes, what have said is true. Since it is illegal to grow cannabis I'm having a hard time growing them. I will look in to the growing medium. I have used compost top soil rice husk and cow manure mix as grow medium. Supplied it enough chemical fertilizers. The place where the plants are in gets good enough sunlight. Can this be due to over fertilizing.

              Comment


              • AGH
                AGH commented
                Editing a comment
                It could be due to over-fertilizing, but there are definitely a host of other issues present as well. You also have bugs - specifically leaf miners as well as others. You can see in the middle of the second picture (if you magnify it) that there is leaf miner damage. While all of these issues aren't insurmountable, you may be fighting a losing battle. Before your plants go into flowering stage, you want them to be as problem-free as possible. For indoor growers, we can delay flipping the lights to 12/12 until we're satisfied but growing outdoors you can't control the sun so they'll start flowering when the sunlight changes. This means that it's very possible that you won't have everything under control before they start flowering and that's when any problems that are present get worse. You may decide to keep the plants growing so that you get the experience, but understand that your yields may be small and the quality will likely suffer as well.

                Take everything you learn and prepare for the next season. With growing, the old trope is true: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

              #11
              Originally posted by Rwise View Post
              We cannot check your PH, you will need to do that. What is the PH? This is the first thing to check and fix if needed.
              What is that in the pots? Then we can move on to the lack of light issue.
              It contains a mix of Compost, top soil, rise husk and cow manure. I will check the PH and update

              Comment

              Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

              Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

              Working...
              X