What is your favourite cannabis strain and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favourite cannabis strain and why

What is your favourite cannabis strain and why?

Explain your reasons, ie. it's effects and what they are, the grow, pretty colors, taste, smell, etc..

Would be good if we could identify medicinal benefits that you experience as a result of using it, and how you use it as that can impact the effects.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Hi Bluey Great topic. I'll be interested to see what everyone has to say. My favorite strain so far, is Gold Leaf. It's a hybrid, mostly indica, produced a lot of good quality flower and was easy to grow. I like it for a couple of reasons. It's become my go to when the stress from the current job and images from the past get overwhelming because it calms my mind. I also like it because the effects last a good while. It's not advisable to do a wake and bake unless you have a lot of free time. The strain guide said the effects would be uplifting and euphoric. Just what I needed so I'm hoarding what I have left until I can grow some more.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

My favorite strain that I had growing experience with was Blackjack x Chocolate Diesel by Useful Seeds. Amazing chocolate hash taste turned dark purple almost black at the end. Damn I miss that one.
      Favorite that I smoked was Hindu Kush the flavor was very nice on that one.

Comment

Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies…they’re both potent, easy to grow, produce a good yield and I neither makes me tired.

Comment

If I could only grow a single strain from here on out, I think it would be Wedding Cake. I used to grow it when it was only available as clones and the taste was a nice balance of sweet and skunk with a very relaxing high. I'm a big fan of rolling blends and as I recall, AK-47 and Wedding Cake was amazing.

Comment

jack Herer, been toking it so long for PTSD and it works. Use others for rec but keep a stash of Jack.

Comment

I started a topic similar to this one last year. The response was less than overwhelming. My absolute overall favorite is Gorilla Glue. Easy grow, very potent, ages very well seems to help reduce pain and anxiety.
              I am like Crucial Bunny and enjoy mixing strains. Gorilla Glue and Zkittlez go together quite well. Critical +2.0 is also potent, and productive but requires some skill, not for beginners.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• crucialbunny
                crucialbunny commented
                Editing a comment
                I did GG-4 a number of years ago and it was a bulletproof strain. Good choice.

My favorite strain? Hmmm.. The one I just finished smoking. And umm. er, what was the question again?

Comment

Razzberry runtz from Rocbud. Great daytime high as long as you don't indulge which is near impossible. Her terps are out of this world awesome. Artificial Raspberry gum flavor and smell. Can't grow it fast enough. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230520_155914123_HDR.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	596377
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sure looks yummy. might give that one a go. love the smell of a big fruity skunky bud, wheres me pipe.

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What sort of yields can one expect with a 4 month grow time couple of tops and LST with plenty if light Going2fast

Without a doubt, my go-to strain is OG Kush.

First and foremost, OG Kush has a distinctive and potent effect that is deeply relaxing and euphoric.

In terms of its growth, OG Kush is a relatively hardy strain, making it a favorite among both novice and experienced growers. It flourishes in both indoor and outdoor environments and has a moderate flowering time.

When it comes to taste and smell, OG Kush is truly exceptional. A delightful blend of earthy, citrusy, and piney flavors, which combine to create a unique and satisfying smoking experience.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	146
Size:	680.9 KB
ID:	596436

Comment

My favorite is Colin OG (Ethos genetics). Parents include Grateful Dawg - from a bag seed found at a dead show in California according to legend - The White, and Sour Flo. Amazing smell and effect and fun to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
                    Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies…they’re both potent, easy to grow, produce a good yield and I neither makes me tired.
                    Gorilla Glue and Auto Gelato, I agree

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X