Outdoor auto sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor auto sprouts

I've always done transplant into solo cup then final pot for autos. I can't remember doing sprout to final pot but i'm gonna do it with 4 sprouts of auto seeds. Here's my question : Can i put the sprout outdoors immeditly into sun or is it too strong for a sprout to receive? I've not even checked the papertowel to see if they've sprouted but i wanted to know if i can without causing damage to the plant. I could give it shade if needed.

Thanks for the help. I want to close my tent up for the summer is the reason and it's in a bedroom where my company stays. LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Mother nature doesn't dim the lights. They will be fine. Guarantee you will have better results than transplanting.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response. I'm abit anxious going directly out doors and having them come up from the pot outside never done that ever.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Daggum right! It's like companies put dimmer switches on a one of its bells and whistles. Ain't a need 'nless your plants get too close. Sun is bad for people and blobfish, not plants.

I usually start everything I grow in solos. What I have found that really helps the transition to the final container is to bury another solo into the final container about a week prior to transplant. Give the soil a good soaking and then when you're ready, simply slide the empty cup out, insert the root ball into the perfectly shaped hole, and then gently tamp the soil around it. Typically with this method there is zero adjustment time. I usually start more plants than I plan to grow so starting in solos allows me to choose the most robust plants for final planting.

Comment

• Going2fast
      Going2fast commented
      Editing a comment
      Going straight to there final pot from seed is always zero adjustment. Not just typically. Good luck and happy mother's day to you.

I sprout my outdoor in there final pot in full on sunshine, its what Mother Nature would do.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for all the responses this is the answer i was hoped for. I will start a outdoor thread shortly when i've got all seeds an plants in their final pots. We've had crazy hot weather 96f yesterday so i water 2x day.

The majority of my outdoor grows I put the sprout directly into its final resting place unless I'm doing some kind of home science experiment. If the timing is right re season and no stupid weather straight into the sun is fine. Always photos though, no autos.
    When I started outdoor grows early indoors or even late and straight into the ground results varied but I seemed to get more males/hermies and overall lower yields. Same for planting late in the season.
    So in the end I avoided transplanting, put them straight into their final resting place and sometimes covered if the weather went bad on me.
    Last edited by Bluey; 05-15-2023, 11:46 AM.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I use to get more males when i used bag seeds then i was given reg seeds and now i buy female seeds. I've always done transplanting with weed to flowers or veggies. There are exceptions but with weed i always wanted to get their feet/roots really rooted an see if there healthy. I went ahead and planted 2 out of 4 autos that had a small tail into the 3gal bags outdoors. I'm waiting on Grape an Runtz it's been 48hrs an i'll give them another 24hrs may start 2 more if these don't show a tail. My photos i've not had issues with they aren't bothered by my transplanting.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      After growing outdoors for all these years seeds worked well for me. Pollinating was straight forward and easy as.
      Now only growing indoors and my very few seed strains that I have all mixed up, grow space at a premium, it just doesn't work for me any more. I need to change my setup to clone my fems from now on.
      Buying fem seeds locks me into either buying more fem seeds or moving into cloning and I'm dead against paying stupid for a few seeds, which is the case at the moment. This will change though.
      New grow room layout in the works to allow for cloning and drying in the same room as flowering...this will be fun.

I have grown outdoors by sprouting inside and then transplanting...that worked well for the runt that I put in the dirt. never gave consideration for the sun. She grew really big. I grew a plant last summer by planting a seed directly in the dirt, just to see if I could do it. It grew weird but I got a decent harvest. I don't think the sun is a problem, besides with your experience I'm guessing you can make it work.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks golfnrl i just never did a direct sprout to final pot outdoors before. So far the first 2 i planted now it's been 48hrs no sign of breaking soil, my other 2 auto sprouts i just now planted into the outdoor pots and this time i placed dome covers over them. It's hot as heck here so as soon as i see the sprout break thru i'll take off that dome. I'm wondering if overnight temps which are in the mid 50s f is too cool i can't put domes on the others cause not sure other than wet spot where seedling may come up LOL. Oh well lesson learned again wait an see.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X