Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage

Hello my friends,
    I like to do one indoor grow per year. I can yield 12 to 16 oz dry. How to store them is my biggest challenge. I have to keep them i a locked room. I was thinking of getting a humidity/cooler fridge. Anyone use something like this?
    Attached Files

Current harvest 10oz.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure your not gonna fill it with wine LOL looks like a wine cooler just kidding. I've had it stored in my upper closet shelf for a year, nothing i've grown so far has lasted over a year. I have put up at least 25 quart for myself and several jars i've given away. The best i've smoked is the oldest cured no lie. Man those are some lovely buds johnb1963. I'm so glad your growing and can store it for so long, I sure as heck run out before i can harvest. I need to get more stingy LOL

Nice looking buds!

I store mine in mason jars just like you have in Pic GWE Marijuana Growing Community I cure my buds for at least 4 weeks, making sure that the humidity is always kept in check. I keep little hygrometers in my jars during the cure period to monitor. And because I'm a dork, I keep a chart of what each jar is doing humidity-wise through the cure. Once they're stable where I want them, I remove the hygrometers and keep the buds stored in the jars. Never had any problem with them. My tent is in my unfinished basement and that's where I store the jars - temp and humidity is never a problem during storage.

If your locked room is climate controlled, you're good to go just keeping them in jars. Using a fancy humidor/wine refrigerator seems like overkill, but if you've got the money to spend, it would certainly be a bougie way of storing your buds and would probably work well even if it is unnecessary.
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

If you are only storing for up to 12 months I'd just jar them and keep them close to 21⁰C...longer I'd vacuum pack and if approaching 2 years freeze them in vacuum packs.
      Those mason jars are good for 6 months no problem and longer
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Mason jars are the way to go. I'm all about gadgets and gear. if I thought a humidor would be beneficial I'd be trying it. After all, it works for cigars, right? But IMHO you'd be wasting your money because the jars do work. Follow the curing, storing tutorials at GWE and you'll do just fine. My harvests have done nothing but get better with age. I store in jars kept in a closet with the RH inside the jars steady at 58-62% with no humidity packs. There's a debate as to whether the humidity packs taint the taste of the weed, so I have followed some advice from Mr.furley If the RH get s a little low, I spritz some water on the underside of the lid and that raises the RH perfectly, every time.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I use these one gallon mylar bags mostly because they won't break. Turns out they are very convenient stacking in a drawer or standing up on a bookshelf.

Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

You’ll be fine keeping them jarred in a cupboard for a year plus without any issues.

Comment

Mostly because they are break-resistant, I use these gallon mylar bags.

Comment

I have always only used canning jars. I still have some from grows done years ago. It seems to only get better with age, sort of like wine. I keep it in a cabinet in the house which is heated and cooled. I have done three indoor grows a year for the last five years, so I have quite a collection. I currently have 12 strains in pint jars each holds about 1/2 ounce. Maybe I need a weed cellar?
                Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                5 gallon cloth pots
                30"x30"x60" tent
                Spider Farmer SE3000
                Coco Pearlite mix
                GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Sustainable--100 year old green Ball perfect mason jar.
                  Works as good today as it did a century ago
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	608010
                  Last edited by GreenState; 10-27-2023, 11:35 AM.
                  "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nailed it

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like those green ball glass quart jars. I have a few of those but only use it for the best weed. I found a dozen for sale a couple of days ago but they were like 3 times the price of the mason jars I use mostly.

They work well.

• GreenState
                    GreenState commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bluey some of the old colored mason jars do have collector value. Plenty of sites to date the old jars
                    by the embossed script on them. I have a few of the clamp and gasket type as well-but don't trust them.

The local grow shop is going g let me try the cannatrol system.
                  Cannatrol Systems take the guess workout of drying, curing and storage. The post harvest process has evolved for growers of all size.

Comment

• Smallgrow
                    Smallgrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s a pretty sweet deal. If I won the lottery I think I would go that way. But the cost is way to rich for my blood

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very interesting.

Maximum recommended capacity wet is 2.2lb which is about 8 ounces dry from my calculations. That's not a lot.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X