Very close to harvest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very close to harvest.

Hey all. I'm in a dilemma. Give more nutes or flush? I don't see any amber tricomes. Another week of nutes? Or flush them? Damn I need to be beginning close!
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake

Comment

Wow! What beautiful colors!

When deciding to harvest, it's tough to not want to jump the gun and that's made even more difficult since there's no one particular 'signal' that they're done. Rather, it's a combination of:

- How long does the breeder say the seeds tend to take before they're ready. As you likely know, it's generally 8-10 weeks but can be as long as 12-14 for certain strains.

- The overall look of the plant. Does it look like it's at the end of it's lifecycle? I'm from the midwest, so I always use the analogy of corn/soybeans as they die and turn brown and dry when they're ready for harvest. Of course, don't let your plant die and turn brown, it's cannabis, not corn or soybeans afterall, but taking a general overall look at the plant can help determine when you enter the harvest window.

- Pistils will turn orange/brown and will curl in. There will be very few, if any, white pistils remaining and the plant generally stops growing new ones when it's time to harvest.

- Trichomes turn cloudy then amber. MOST strains do this, however some will be ready for harvest but will have very few amber trichomes. Others will have amber only at the top or bottom buds on the plant. As a rule of thumb, many will harvest when 10-20% of trichomes are amber and the rest are cloudy but that's up to each grower and what effects they're aiming for from their bud. You might try researching your particular strains to see if they are possibly ones that don't get many amber trichomes.

Often waiting for the plants to be truly ready can be the hardest part of growing! But more often than not, newer growers tend to harvest too early as opposed to too late.

Hope the above helped at least a little! Bet they smell great!

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

You should have stopped giving them Nutes about 2 weeks ago. I only give mine water and molasses in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Very nice looking buds my friend.

Comment

My last 2 autos never did go amber bud all cloudy and they were past the date of when they should be done like by 2wks so i just chopped them. They were'nt drinking much either.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Personally I don't see any benefit in flushing but many negatives to beginning a flush.

Cannabis grown in the wild doesn't get a flush, but it does get less light and more adverse climate/weather.

Stressing the plant can bring on desired results, ie., accelerating essential oil production and/or ripening and a flush certainly can do this but so can commencing the harvest of the buds that are mature or removing the buds that will never be viable. Trimming and pruning can also do this as well as messing with climate and light. You've probably read about an extended dark period before harvest...all of the above can illicit a stress response and accelerate essential oil production.

Ideally this should be done when cell division, growth, is almost zero, then it won't impact yields if it is yields you are aiming for but if your goal is a certain effect then just harvest when it is ideal for that.

Those buds are looking fantastic. Great job
            Last edited by Bluey; 05-12-2023, 03:52 PM.
            Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
            Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I think there is a study on this site about flushing vs not flushing and the impact on the final product. Conclusion was it did not seem to make a difference so technically flushing would be preferred because it saves on nutes.

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to agree with that but the same logic applied to lighting saves on electricity. I think a lot depends on the health of the flower as to how you manage those last days.

Real purdy. Congratulations. Nice grow.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Really nice fade, and colors. It sure looks close. You can always do a partial harvest.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thank you all!!! I left out some critical info. These are LMFAO. Day 56 since the switch. The breeder sais 8 -9 weeks . Actually info on this strain is really shitty.
                  SF 35X47X70 tent
                  SF1000 X4
                  FFOF Soil
                  FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                  GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
                  Gelato Cake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X