Decarboxylate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decarboxylate

Good morning friends, I'm having trouble understanding decarboxylating cannabis. When you put your cannabis in the preheated 250 degrees oven, do you immediately start the 30 minutes timer or do you wait until the cannabis reaches 250 degrees and then start the timer? There is different opinions out there. Anyone out there have the answer and science?

IMO you are over thinking it I assume you are following the butter directions on this site? I've made butter that way at least 5 times and could not tell you if I waited for the oven to reach 250 before putting the flower in. But, I can tell you each batch got me where I wanted to go...

Comment

You are splitting hairs, a little. No oven is going to be exactly 250°. You will not have your weed in the oven for an exact amount of time. If you open the oven door during decarbing, you are lowering the temperature. Should the weed be taken off the still hot cookie sheet? Would it be better to put the weed on kitchen paper so it doesn't touch the cookie sheet?
      About the only thing you can do is have a separate oven timer that will confirm your oven's 250° confirmation. Weed in, start the timer. Leave the door shut. Timer goes off, weed out.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I recommend putting a temperature gauge inside your oven first. The temperature inside the oven at my old house was 285 if set to 250. At my new house it’s 265 at 250.

After I do the math and adjust the oven setting so the temperature gauge reads 250, I put my weed inside for 30 min

Comment

This might help.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            4hrs simmer in water for butter infusion and subsequent extraction has always been the way here. Not many bubbles

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            This chart has done well for me. I do extend the time to account for elevation (I'm at 3,280 Ft above sea level) just like baking a cake, water boils at a lower temperature as the elevation increases due to lower barometric pressures.

I use this chart.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Decarb-Chart.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	595451

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X