No announcement yet.

Fire Safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up if you purchase a cheap Clamp meter, some of them vibrate really strong..The first time I used something other then my fluke was because I needed a small format meter to fit. It scared the hell out of me as I was not expecting feed back from the meter..Fluke does not vibrate at all.

Comment

The voltage monitors they have now are really nice. Keep track of you total wattage, use and easily set up.

These are simple to use. You can get more complicated ones too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PM3000_HR.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	593035

Gardner Bender Energy Power Meter Monitor
      Model Number: PM3000​

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I've checked both my SF7000's and they draw a tad over 600w. I've also checked my supplemental reds 660 & 730nm 34 or 36 diodes and they draw exactly 30watt aaa claimed...of Chinese origin from bavagreen I think they are called...I haven't checked the spectrum but they are producing great results with some great depth in the bud.

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        That is good to hear. I went with SF1000 because they were recommended and super good deal if you bought two. I have four 2022 version running in my tent. This is my first run with LEDs

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep them higher that manufacturers recommendations...look up reviews of that light and obtain independent PAR maps from the reviews and work it out from there. Spider Farmer has no idea what heights...use your phone with a PPFD Meter app on it to give you an idea. On one light spider farmer has on their website they have flower at 50% and 24" and veg at 100% andc12 inches...just no idea..but they are the best value for money light on the market it seems atm.

Hi all. I just want to throw my two cents in here. If your shopping for meters. (Multi Meters) Spend the money for the FLUKE. It's just not something to go cheap on. I've been using their meters for 30 years.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can afford a Fluke you can afford an electrician....I don't recommend anybody do their own electrical work and yes grow houses burn down on a very regular basis....and it's always an electrical fault.

Bluey - Yes. Electrical is not something you want to fuck with if you don't know. Pay an electrician and get it done right.

While I'm not an electrician I know enough as far as how to set it up, proper wire gauge, etc. as I've set up lots of rooms. Ran a separate circuit to a small sub in the room with GFCI protection. Called a licensed electrician to review the work and do the final hook up to the main box.

How do you all mount your smoke alarms?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tent smoke alarm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	607299

Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke Alarm placement.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	607300

Do any of you have an automatic fire suppression system in their tent?

I'm gathering the parts to make mine. Curious what others have done.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X