Durban Poison-Nirvana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durban Poison-Nirvana

Any of you gentleman have any tips on Durban poison by Nirvana. First time with strain.
    Attached Files

I don't know if I can tell you anything useful or not. I bought a Durban Poison clone at a local shop. It was very robust responded well to LST. I veged it for two months. Unfortunately it became rootbound and I overwatered it horribly. Death sentence. I was able to make some clones from her before she died. Her last picture. Haha
    Attached Files
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

I grew a Durban Poison last year, but the seeds were from a local farmer. I hope that means they were acclimatized for my location, but who knows. The plant grew well but was a bit shorter than other strains. Buds were super sticky and dense. Harvest was average for the size of the plant. Looking back on my notes there was no major issues - but she was a bit of a drama queen.

Comment

Got lots of small branches trying their best to get going but the leaves above are to big. Got its first top ans to the 1 foot mark., day 32. should i cut these(lower branches) when its so young??
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that your clone of Durban? Are you gonna do training? I don't trim my photos till i start LST then i would prune it up where those bottom nodes get hidden. They'll just grow back at this age.

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          Its from seed. Nirvana .Did the first top. One more top and start LST.

well shes taking shape. Love the way the tops separated easy. Not much effort on my part. It seemed to just grow that way. Genetics??
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks beautiful. Natural LST shape

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            I was hoping i did it right. Tried to get all the tops to be the same height. Not tried to sog yet. Newbie to bending stems.

Looks really good. I got a bunch of DP seeds so I'm following. Am hoping to learn some of what you learn. I don't SOG because I normal only grow 2 plants and with LST they sorta SOG on the own. I'm interested in SCOG and think I'll try that on this grow of Strawberry Cough.
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm new to the indoor thing. These seed banks sure do put out some old favorites of mine. Smoked DP in the 70s, i think, no im sure, wait a minute , yeah.

I did Durban Poison last year. started one from seed in a sea of green of small plants and got an ounce of amongst the nicest strains i have done. Some cutting went into pots and then 2 more plants outdoors made it to harvest in Nova Scotia Canada, and a friend raised a huge one in his tent. they all seemed easy to grow and robust. There was one that I thought hermied, but it was pollinated by another. i am a big fan of this one and will be doing again this year. what a sweet powerful weed!
          A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know, got 3 more beans. Think about trying a SOG this winter.doing some research so i half way know what ill screw up. LOL Started DP, amnesia haze, bubble gum, jack herer fast and pure indica. The DP is the clear winner in stretching out uniformly without to much LST and any nute drama so far.

Got a few spots on the leaves. Seen this before. Growing in coco/per i see it during the flower stretch. Anybody get same?
          Attached Files

Comment

Coming on 100 days now. Getting frosty. Trikes are cloudy with no amber. Smell coming in now. I'm think 30 more?? Dirty
            Attached Files

Comment

Getting a little fat now. Peeled the buds back and it got a little girth to it. 3/6 pop date.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've grown this strain many times. I used to work at a few legal grow ops in California. If I run across any more DP genetics I'm going to run it on a vertical trellis. The DP strains I've run were kind of viney so perfect for a climbing trellis. I may run it in the 5 x 5 as it's perfect for SCROG too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X