My ongoing Rosin evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ongoing Rosin evolution

Lordy, lordy, I've made TONS of mistakes on my Cannabis journey...which makes success all the sweeter!

I am trying to get my next grow officially started but I only have six seedlings, awaiting (hopefully) five more on a plate.

I won't have enough to last me until my next harvest but maybe, just maybe my grow after this one will be where I understand what my personal requirements are.

Unfortunately, Rosin pressing is Cannabis intensive. That said, if I can somehow manage 10-12 plants in my tent, I'll be happy.

Thank y'all once again, for your VALUABLE CONTRIBUTIONS to my Cannabis experience!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20230311_093457[1].jpg
Views:	286
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	590968
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

I'm giving you a thumb BR2K. Make note of it.
    What I'm seeing on the paper is what I know to be the better quality rosin. Ginger brown color. Clear. No excess moisture to nasty the stuff up. I would use your rosin.
    What's up with the bag of oysters?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Dim sum?

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg your cracking me up šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
      Between the sheep dog and the dim sum Iā€™m dying lol

Rosin is even harder on supplies than hash making, my best return is about 8% with ice water extraction hash.
    I had to give it up the rosin experiments till I can over produce

lookin nice tho šŸ‘šŸ‘

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      I'm giving you a thumb BR2K. Make note of it.
      What I'm seeing on the paper is what I know to be the better quality rosin. Ginger brown color. Clear. No excess moisture to nasty the stuff up. I would use your rosin.
      What's up with the bag of oysters?
      Holy cow, from YOU?!?!?!?!?!!??!! I am not worthy but will bask in your benevolence!!!!!!

The "Oysters" are leftover pucks, with LOTS of good stuff left over. Thanks for asking. I will either decarb and make cannabutter or sugar-free chocolate cake, using MCT Oil. In this way, I stretch out my harvest to the maximum. My attempts at cannabutter have been much more successful than the MCT Oil. I wonder if the Nugsmasher "System" of decarbing (decarbing the rosin after press) isn't effective. When I called to ask, I got the obvious "company line", as she didn't answer what the difference would be with decarbing the flower first. Anyhoo, another tidbit for us rosin fans!!!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallgrow View Post
        Rosin is even harder on supplies than hash making, my best return is about 8% with ice water extraction hash.
        I had to give it up the rosin experiments till I can over produce

lookin nice tho šŸ‘šŸ‘
        Thanks! I gave up trying to weigh the stuff. When I run out, I'll wait until I can't stand it and do a Drive of Shame to a dispensary. It's a good way to take a break anyway.

My goal on this grow is 10 -12 plants. I have 6 already started the other 6 plated.

Comment

You deserve it, Bro2K. If ever, EVER, ever I throw one of those emogiticonvatar doo-hickies, you will know it is not me typing.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Sometimes, life just works out. This is one of them.

I finally ran out of bud and was considering a DOS. I didn't feel like wasting the fuel for a "luxury", so I turned my attention to the empty pucks.

I have MCT Oil, I'd tried GWE's Canna Caps recipe - dismal failure.

So, I cut the pucks to be able to smooth them out. I didn't want any of the good stuff to get caught in the folds. I then used 1/2 cup of MCT and tried to flatten out the fabric.

I heated the stuff on the smallest burner and used a fork to stir the mixture.

I wasn't too hopeful, as the previous Canna Caps only gave me a slight buzz.

I am happy to report these caps are good. Not overwhelming but good. The buzz (Sativa) isn't couch lock but subtle and cool. I took one almost an hour ago and wanted to share my LUCKY results.

Considering it was an arbitrary number of pucks, I am fortunate, indeed.

So, when I harvest my next crop I'll be intentionally making Canna caps with rosin and fine-tuning a recipe. Click image for larger version

Name:	20231017_113130[1].jpg
Views:	103
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	607411

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Wait. You said it was a dismal failure in line one then said you were happy in line 7.

I love making rosin. I use an electric Rosinbomb unit. Running around 202 degrees F, and using a 90-micron bag I've been averaging 20% yields from freshly cured Do-Si-Dos kept at 72% humidity.
            2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              You are far more discriminating, than I. I buy seeds and don't really pay much attention, as long as they're Sativa.

Thanks for the temperature and humidity advice!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X