freaky color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freaky color

The freakshow finally did a little spurt up to 14 inches. Seems its main stem has red streaks and the fan leave stems are red also. Never seen this strain in any growth stages. It sure does take it slow. Any one grow this before. It was a freebee from seedman. Had 2, one pass as soon as it germed. Didn't have much luck from them.
    Attached Files

Freaks can be slow starters but they make up for it down the road with very rapid growth, I had 2 last season that topped 7 feet. I've only grown Humboldt genetics over the years but have had a couple that produced red stems. FreakShow has become a favorite of family and friends and this will be my 4th year running them. Enjoy -

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      this one hid in the corner so long with yellow leaves i didn't notice it till it turned a watermelon green.

Hi. what time of year did your outside Freakshows harvest? just wondering if worthwhile to do the two I have outdoors in Nova Scotia.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Mine run long. Harvested late October in the mid Atlantic states. Didn't count the time from first flower though.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

thanks. answered the question. indoors or in greenhouse here - darn.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

My first time with shape shifter. It looks very stringy. Sure took a while to get to the 5th node. I FIMMED it and i missed. Top looks like a bad hair cut. Oh well life goes on. roll it up. Its over 12" time for transplant.

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            dirtymike, I have found that they respond best to just simple training. I start by bending the main stem and then start pulling down new branches as they develop.

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            got some big pots, might sit this one with the ferns.

It sure is a slow one. Anyone see pistils
          Attached Files

Comment

• Blowdout2269
            Blowdout2269 commented
            Editing a comment
            Negative.
            I have no experience with the Freakshow, but I've read that they can be quite difficult to sex.
            Good luck! 🙂👍

• Mollisol
            Mollisol commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't get over how weird they look. I had never heard of freak show before I saw it on here.

Its just a strange plant to me. Your right about difficulty in sexing it. I don't see anything familiar at the nodes. Might be a outside plant if if cant find out which way it wants to go. Transplanted to a bigger pot and it took off. crucialbunny the main stem seems a little hard to bend. So I can start with LST just like I have done with a few others. Dirty

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            I have one that just germinated. Wish me luck, 'cause my first one croaked. It also was a freebee from Seedsman.

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            The Freak's stems are typically hollow like a drinking straw. Try not to bend in one particular area so you get a gradual arc when you train it. I grow outdoors so I have a lot of room for growth. I have no idea how they react under lights. They really like to grow straight up but with training you can double your yield.

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Roger on the hollow stems. First thing i noticed when i snapped it.(Main Stem) I didn't do much training after that. I'm thinking this is a great outside strain!!

It aint doing much , got a better environment. Hasn't shown any sex yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

I’ve heard cold weather can cause red stems and it can also be down to genetics. I’ve harvested some healthy plants that had red stems.

Comment

Its a She. Pics soon

Comment

Keep waiting for a stretch, don't think its coming. She got wounded by a sharp pot bottom at the base and hung in there. Sure flowered early. Glad its a she.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Blowdout2269
                  Blowdout2269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's even freaky looking down where it expresses its sex!

getting some flower stacking now. Nice green color.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey dirtymike my freak is up above the dirt finally needed help with it's helmet head still go a one side fold over with the colyldons>? no first leaf yet? Not sure if it's really gonna make it she's way ugly looking. How old is your freak now? She is a tough germination no real leaf yet and it's 5 days old ?

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea, I didn't think it was going to make it. Had to help mine with the helmet. LOL. It sit still for about a week until it did anything. Sloooow. think this one is around 50 days -+ 5. Clearly these take a special kind of care that i don't know.

They take a lot of time to do nothing. Had two out of three fail to germinate so far. Keep at it SoOrbudgal she will pull thru.
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Going2fast nailed it. Has to be a special environment needed. I got same results with germination. 1 out of 2 for me. Mine were free from Seedman. Still tending to it. Hope it taste better than it grows. I'm sure someone else can make it produce better.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well if i can take a pic without it being to blury i'll post it cause she still has not opened up like a normal one. It's been at least 6days if not more. Still got that shepards hook looking top

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had 2 side by side and the both had issues with getting straight up. When they did finally open, one of them closed up and died. All with in 2 weeks. A deeper seed depth is the key to germination like crucialbunny stated.

This will be my 4th year doing Freaks outdoors and patience in the beginning is absolutely essential.
                They tend to languish for a time, then suddenly they go crazy. Last year had two go over 7 foot.
                Even the sun leaves will have trichomes, so save that trim for sift. BTW: Try planting the seeds a little
                deeper in soil and that will help with helmet head.

Click image for larger version  Name:	freakycola.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	593331
                Last edited by crucialbunny; 04-09-2023, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I knew someone here had the low down on the freak. Its already got trichomes on the buds and leaves at 50+ days.Thought they were a bit early. Patience is definitely a key component to this girts growth pattern. Deeper on the seed it is for the freak.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X