Bud rot???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Bud rot???

Is this bud rot?? Top of the plant is doing fine, so I don't understand how it can be bud rot, wouldn't top of the plant die?

I'm harvesting tomorrow, should I discard the whole bud 😕

​​​​

Possibly but cannot tell from those pics..are the buds and sugar leaves falling off easily when handled? If you open up the bud and look at the main stem what can you see?
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Yes that's bud rot you'll know now what to look for way before it gets this bad. It can form anywhere on the plant. Yes even as it dries those spots that you pulled out will still carry mold spores. I'd cut all the stem part where buds are rotten don't try an pick it out now. Sorry man hard lesson but it's really bad for the lungs and cure of other buds if it's jarred with clean bud.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

At first, I didn't see it, but when I enlarged the pics, you can definitely see it. On the first pic, right in the middle where there is an opening that looks like a cave, you can definitely see the dreaded fuzzy mold.

SoOrbudgal, like usual, is correct - do not consume these buds as they are dangerous to your health. Take a very close look at all your other buds to decide if they are safe or not since fungus is amazing with how it reproduces and can spread!

For your next grow, make sure to do the following: Keep temps and humidity under control (in flower, humidity should be between 40% to 50% and even a bit lower than that the last week or two), make sure you have plenty of fresh air (​ventilation), and make sure you have enough circulation (fans moving air around which helps keep things dry and prevents moist spots in the buds). These measures are even more important if you grow big dense buds as that is where bud rot thrives.

Good on you for catching it and for asking the community! That's how you learn and how you help others learn as well!
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Well picked. I see it now. My experience with that is if it has progressed that far your flower is dead. If smoked it can cause plaques to develop in the lungs of mostly those that are immuno compromised and that can be fatal.

As the others have stated RH below 50% and good airflow is the key. You cannot keep those spores out of your grow room. They are everywhere.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

The sucker leaves turning yellow is usually the first indication, sucks

Comment

Why do I not see it?
              I've never and hope to never deal with this, but sum1 help me. Sorry about your situation bud.
              Back to playin in the dirt!
              Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
              I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Originally posted by AGH View Post
                At first, I didn't see it, but when I enlarged the pics, you can definitely see it. On the first pic, right in the middle where there is an opening that looks like a cave, you can definitely see the dreaded fuzzy mold......

SoOrbudgal, like usual, is correct - do not consume these buds as they are dangerous to your health. Take a very close look at all your other buds to decide if they are safe or not since fungus is amazing with how it reproduces .....
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230307_180414.jpg Views:	0 Size:	758.8 KB ID:	590610 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230307_180830.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	571.5 KB
ID:	590611 10 characters
                Last edited by Bluey; 03-07-2023, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
                  Blowdout2269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks bud.
                  I though my eyes were better...
                  ✌🙂👍

Break open the suspect buds. If the brown is deep in the bud on the inside then yes, bud rot. Cut it and incinerate or dispose of away from the grow.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

It's all good, i think i harvested 800g anyways haha. So i'm very happy with only one bud rot accident. Been growing 2+ years and starting to get really good at it.

Comment

Thanks for the answers everyone!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X