auto watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto watering system

I am going to have to leave my plant for a week, and wanted to get a drip system set for it. In an article that I read on GWE it gave me a link to the Moistenland Model DZQ1 on Amazon. This looked like just what I needed ( 1/2 gallon every 2 days ). When I received it, I tried to program it to water for this schedule, with no luck. The closest I can get it to that is water 5 minutes and get approximately 1 pint, and I have to set it for every 10 hours. I can not tell how to get it to work where it will pump for longer than 5 minutes at a time. I can get it to pump every other day, but that won't help me if I can't get the pump to stay on longer. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
    2x2x4 tent HLG100 lights Exhaust fan Temp and humidity sensors
    Humidifier and Dehumidifier 6"Fans (for air movement) Apera PH20 tester​
    coco-coir
    DYNA-GRO Grow and Bloom

I have no experience with that system. I do understand the dilemma. I have a job where travel is required, sometimes extended travel. I wish I had known about Moistland when I was trying to figure out a watering system for the same reason you are. I ended up buying an electric open/close inline valve, hooked it up to a reservoir and ran it with a standard timer. It got me by for about 10 days. It wasn't pretty but it got the job done and wasn't too hard to put together. Not sure what your time line is like but you might look into something like that. All of that led me to the autopot system. I switched over and haven't looked back. Good luck I wish I had better info for you.

P.S. Have you looked into the Bluemat system?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      golfnrl, the auto pot system looks easy to use. I have 2 concerns:

1. Doesn’t watering from the bottom lead to root rot? I you often read not to let your pots sit in water.

2. Need to use plastic pots instead of fabric, probably not a real big deal.

How many grows have you down with auto pots and have you had any issues?

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi RetiredGuy. I think I'm on my 6th or 7th grow using autopot system. Never had an issue. No leaks, no floods, nothing. The plants only drink what they want. I've looked at the root balls after each grow...only had healthy white roots...no rot. Ever. You can use either plastic or cloth pots. I like the cloth ones. The system works really well. Depending on the stage of growth with a 12 gallon rez I can be away for 3-4 days. It could be longer if I wanted to use a larger rez. I use a Blu Lab PH controller.

If it pumps a pint every 10 hours that is a half gallon every two days. No rule says they gotta get it all at once.

Comment

When I did my system I had a pump in my Res that I put on a digital time to water 4 times a day for as long as I needed, if you have a auto watering wont you need a drain system if you look back in my old posts you can probably find it .if you do use an auto watering system with a res the res will have to cleaned once a week and I would change your tubing every 6 months or so
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I have that same item. When I read the directions I see the max i ca n water for is indeed 5 minutes. The interval times are from from 1 time every hours to 1 time every 39 days. So determine how much water you want and figure out how often to get what you want. How many you are trying to water makes a difference also. 1 plant is easy but if you have more than 1 I would set up your system and set it for the max time and see how much water it pumps to each drop. Go from there. If you don’t have the directions here they are.
        Attached Files

Comment

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          So Fjeff are you successfully using the system and would you recommend it?

I am looking for something that allows me to be away for a week and grow two plants in a 2 x 4 closet. Thanks!

I'm curious to see where this goes.
        Keep us updated 1EZ
        I'm lazy too, lol.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Thank everybody for replying to my post.
          Now to answer some of your questions,
          Yes I have a Blumat system, and it is a slow feed as long as the growing coco coir is dry.
          If it pumps only 1 pint I am concerned that it will dry out, and I will also not get any run off.
          I have worked with the pump and have found that 5 minutes is the max time and it pumps approximately 1 pint in that time.
          I am not lazy, I enjoy taking the time that I spend with my plants, sometimes to much when I defoliate, but if I have to leave for more than 2 days I don't want to come home to dieing plants from lack of water.
          I have received an email from the Moistenland company, and they are suppose to send me a video how to set it up so I can water the way I would like, we will see.
          I will let you know how it goes.
          Now a question, how do you get all the info under the line at the bottom of your posts?
          I am not very good at working on the computer, don't laugh.
          Have a great day and thanks again for all your help.
          coco-coir
          DYNA-GRO Grow and Bloom

Comment

I wasn't implying that you're lazy. I was stating that I am, lol.

Got to user settings. Then click the drop down menu that says "profile". Change it to account. Then scroll down to "Conversation detail options". Then edit signature.
            🙂👍
            Last edited by Blowdout2269; 03-01-2023, 10:34 AM.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I have used mine successfully. You just might have to change the intervals that you water. If you give your plants a gallon of water every 4 days and it only pumps a half gallon at a time then you have to adjust.

Comment

I used a Bluemat system on 5 plants for 7 days. Set it up with a five gallon bucket of watering solution. Returned home to find that the plants did better with me away then they probably would have done with me fussing with them. Also I had about 2-2.5 gallons of water left over. I recommend it to you. If you are really concerned, put a watering bulb into each plant as well in order to reach the bottom.
                Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                5 gallon cloth pots
                30"x30"x60" tent
                Spider Farmer SE3000
                Coco Pearlite mix
                GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thanks again everybody, I received an email from MOISTENLAND and they did not tell me anything new. As far as I can tell this pump will only stay on 5 minutes at a time, so to use it I will need to set it for every 10 hours. I hope this will keep enough water for it, and not build up any salts or bad things around the roots if it doesn't have run off.
                  coco-coir
                  DYNA-GRO Grow and Bloom

Comment

• changeofpace2014
                    changeofpace2014 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Start using some type of Enzyme product, Hydra Guard, Enzymes Komplete etc. I have never used Hydra Guard but many here have..When I tried to purchase it the store I use said they do not carry it here, so they recommended the later.. Results I have not had to fertigate with run off, however I do once every few weeks.. 3 Ml per gal and have been happy with results.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X