In need of help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of help please

I have my lemon ak giving me some trouble. As you see in the picture there is splotchy and discolored leaves. Ph water to 6.6-6.8. Maybe to high? Temps in tent are 74 degrees and humidity is at 40. This is being grown in the build a soil 3.0. I have an inquiry in with them to see what they will say. I have ran down the trouble guides on the gwe site and they point to the soil. What do you say.
    Attached Files

bugs? splashing nutes on leaves?
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Looks similar to what i had experienced couple weeks back. Man it's a pisser not really figuring it out for me still not sure why but it's corrected i think? Don't through anything else but water to it, allow it to dry out those leaf will eventually die but leave them on now. I turned down my light brightness i've since bumped it back up to 100% then i moved the light higher. It does kinda look like spash but also like overwatered. I had under fed and my lights were off temps to low my pots got colder than they should. I'm sorry i got no magic answer it's bothersome but just don't go give it more at this point
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm not familiar with Build A Soil 3.0 but it looks like it's supposed to be a living soil that is 'water only'.

You mention that you're pH-ing your water? (or is it just naturally around 6.6/6.7?) If you're pH-ing, you can stop. 99% of the time, organic grows do not need the water pH'd. And if you do adjust the pH, make sure to use organic ingredients (ie. lemon juice, vinegar, etc). The chemicals in pH-up and -down will kill your soil microbiome and will lead to trouble. If you've been using chemical pH-up or -down, stop doing that and just use regular water out of your tap. The fungi and bacteria will do the rest.

If you're not pH-ing your water, are you using synthetic nutrients? If you are, see above - you can stop. Synthetic nutrients are salt-based and they kill the microbiome in the soil. Plus, with living soil/organic grows, you'll add amendments, not nutrients. The fungi and bacteria break down the amendments and take care of the plant.

Seeing a pattern? In organic grows, you take care of the soil's microbiome and the microbiome takes care of the plant. It's like magic, but it's not...it's nature :-)

What is your watering regime like? Not knowing how old your plant it, it's tough to give a good recommendation but I will say it's easy to overwater soil, especially organic soil...it will soak up excess water like a sponge which isn't always a good thing. It looks like you're probably a few weeks from seed. If this is the case, you should be giving 3-4 cups of water every 3 days or so. If you're overwatering guess what it can do? If you said it can f-up the microbiome, you're right! Not only that, but it can suffocate the roots and promote pests and disease.

Looking at the leaves, and with the information that we have, I'm guessing it's a watering issue. Let us know how much and how often you're watering, and maybe it's not a watering issue but we can go from there.

Whatever you do, you should be proud of asking the right questions and doing your research!

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

It is living soil and I do just ph water only. I have been using hades down to adjust. I have been watering every 2 days 1.5 liters. I am leaning toward watering issue myself. I have been using the 1 knuckle dry to determine when to water but I think I have to go back to lifting the pot. I do ph my water because I believe the gwe site states that if your water is to high you should bring it down a bit because the soil can only do so much.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't see the age mentioned but it looks like that's 5 nodes or more. If so, it's going to/maybe its started already to have a growth explosion. So I'm a beginner so don't go on what I say but I think it is time to water the whole pot.

• AGH
            AGH commented
            Editing a comment
            My suggestion would be twofold:
            1. Cut WAY back on the watering. At this stage of growth you should be watering about .75L once every 3 days. Since you've been overwatering, you're going to have to hold off on watering for probably 5 days or longer. The plant is small right now so it's going to take a long time for it to use up that water. I find that a better test than the first-knuckle test is to take a handful of soil and squeeze it. If water runs out, it's way too wet. If it forms a ball that can be easily broken when you poke it with your finger, that's about right. If it doesn't form into a ball then it's too dry. Combine that with lifting the pot and the first knuckle test and you'll get a good idea. But the BEST way to tell if you're watering too much is to see how the plant responds. And right now, I think the plant is telling you it's too wet.

2. Yes, sometimes even in organic grows you'll need to pH your water, but that's only if your water source is WAY off. Organic soils is very good at taking care of the pH. Well, that's only kinda true...when you have an organic grow, the fungi and bacteria actually do the work of supplying nutrients to your roots instead of the roots doing all the work. The fungi and bacteria get food from the roots. It's a beautiful symbiotic relationship that works for everyone! What is your water before you pH it?

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i still lift pots even though i write down when i water an feed.

21 days from seed , 17 days from sprout.

Comment

Left, lower leaves. I'm seeing bug damage. Not the big splotches. Have you checked under your leaves? That may not be your issue, but I swear I see bug damage.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Ph is 8.7 before adjustment

Comment

Is that tap water? If it is, that's a very high number. EPA guidelines for tap water in the U.S. are for it to be between 6.5 and 8.5 and generally tap water is at the lower range of that guideline and even below it.

If you're going to pH, just make sure that it's not using synthetic chemicals. You might consider using a rain barrel if your environment/climate is conducive to that. And make sure that whatever you're using to measure the pH is calibrated since some tools can become uncalibrated.
                Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

thanks to all for the help. i know what to do. let them dry out and be more careful with my watering. the one thing I did different this time was presoak the pots. i dont think ill do that again. I will report back.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I water the pot prior to transplant Fjeff not the whole soil just the diameter of the solo cup then i let it rest then i make the hole for transplant. I'm not using that soil you have though.

• Blowdout2269
                    Blowdout2269 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think sometimes you can "awake" to many of the nutrients this way sometimes. They're just finally getting to the plant. I say this because I think I've done something similar. Mind you, this is still speculation, and I still believe that first homemade batch of living soil is hot. I'd let it lie for now, monitor accordingly, and keep in touch!
                    🙂

Sooo... no bug check?
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Sorry, no bugs

Comment

Reposting your picture with a circle around what I'm talking about. If that isn't under-leaf bug damage, well, then I guess I don't know what bug damage looks like.
                    I'll do a dab whilst y'all take a look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34120184-24BD-42E3-81A4-C2C13CC5E699.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	3.73 MB
ID:	589927
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

• Blowdout2269
                      Blowdout2269 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ya tryin to scare the guy or what? Lol

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Absolutely! Being scared in early veg is easier to overcome because there are more options for treatments of different adverse situations. The damage looks like some I've had as well as pictures I've seen. I'll take back the SM call and say it's bug damage.

• Blowdout2269
                      Blowdout2269 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hehe, just joshin wit ya. 🤪
                      Though, I'd agree that being overly cautious while undiagnosed is probably wise.

Those leaves are just beat up. The top leaves look great other than the small spot inside that there circle. Itl grow out of it.
                    keeping it green with the soil thing
                    love me some frosty autos
                    braap
                    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

The response from Build a Soil.

First off this looks to be a blended soil. Are you Blending the 3.0 with another branded soil? Second this plant has been over watered. The twisting leaves mean the roots are too wet! The spots you are seeing is the after effect of over watering. Dim lights as much as possible, Start watering bottom up. Meaning get a small flood tray and fill with about .5" of water. Only water the tray when pots are dry. and if you do water the top only water the far outsides of your plant. In the pic you soaked the roots and no missed the otter rim. If anything keep the center dry and train your roots to run out to the water.
                      ​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X