Fast Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Seeds

Received my order of FreakShow seeds in the mail today from North American Seed Company, which included 3 freebies of something called Sherbet Fast. I've only recently become aware of this new "fast" thing in the industry and was wondering if anyone here might be able to give me some insight on what to expect. BTW: I'm impressed with NASC. Only five days from order to delivery and they send you a tracking number on the day of shipment. Unfortunately they were sold out of the new SupaFreak I'm interested in trying.

Seems like I remember someone, maybe JohEMad mentioning it in one of his posts a while back. I don't have any experience with fast seeds but I remember taking note when I read it on here somewhere.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Yes i think your right, JohnEmad he was asking about the fast versions. I've never tried them.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Do you mean North Atlantic Seed Company? Been using them for a while. Awesome folks. Grew sweet seeds Tropicana poison fast a few times. It's basically a long veg auto. Mine would start flowering the beginning of July outdoors. That's how they are made. A photo crossed with an auto.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I did mean North Atlantic. Thank you. They seem to be on the ball and organized. I was really hoping they would have the SupaFreak. I'm having a lot of trouble finding sources that aren't sold out. I can find them in regular but not feminized and at $200 for 10 seeds I'm not willing to risk a bunch of males.

I have some 'fast' to try from humbolt seed. They are 20% ruderalis and my understanding is they are photos with a shortened flowering time. Supposed to be just as big of buds in less time. Thought I would try them my next grow.

Comment

I think I found your answer

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

"White Widow Fast retains the qualities that have made the original White Widow such a hit with smokers and growers alike for so long yet manages to shorten its flowering time by a week.

The South Indian and Brazilian heritage produces white, frosty, knock-out buds that have become a by-word for fast-acting, hard-hitting weed. Buds appear to have been dipped in sugar crystals and have a beautiful smooth smoke. Yields of this high-THC indica/sativa strain are decent at 350 - 450 gr/m2 in 6 - 7 weeks of flowering. Outdoors and greenhouses are also suitable environments due to it being ready to harvest during September in northern latitudes.

The effect is powerful and hits in the head at first before evolving into a relaxing body-stone."

Mine took off like crazy.
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Lmao Mr.furley
              Good one. 😋
              Back to playin in the dirt!
              Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
              I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I grew WW Fast last year.

Smoking it right now and it's purrfeck!

The description below has been copied from the seed supplier's webpage.

For the development of the F1 Fast Version® genetics we use the best selected autoflowering strains and the collection of elite clones from the Sweet Seeds® bank of mothers.

The autoflowering or photoperiod trait is dependent on a single gene. This gene presents two possible alleles. One is dominant (F), which is the one that codifies the photoperiod character while the other one is recessive (a) and is the one that codifies the autoflowering character. As the allele that codifies the autoflowering character is recessive, to express this type of flowering it is required to be in a state of homozygosis, which means that all the autoflowering plants are (aa), as they have received a gene (a) from the father and another one from the mother.

On the other hand, every photoperiod strains (elite clones) of the Sweet Seeds® bank of mothers that we use to produce F1 Fast Version® strains are homozygotic for the dominant character that expresses the photoperiod-dependent flowering. They are (FF) as they have received a (F) gene from the father and another one from the mother and this is something that we can deduce from the analysis of the offspring of these clones.

The first resulting generation of the cross between these two types of strains –photoperiod (FF) and autoflowering (aa) –, obeying to the first Mendel Law or to the Hybrids Uniformity Law for the first filial generation, provides as a result a 100% of hybrid specimens (Fa) and as (a) is recessive and (F) is dominant, 100% of the population is photoperiod dependent and zero autoflowering plants show up. This first hybrid generation between homozygotes for one or multiple characters in the genetic line is known as F1 Hybrid.

As it refers to a F1 seed, if we cross these seeds (Fa) with each other to obtain more seeds, then the second generation, known as F2, concurring with the second Mendel Law or Character Segregation Law for the second filial generation, will not produce 100% Fast Version (Fa) specimens anymore. Within the specimens originated from this procedure, we would obtain a mix of 25% autoflowering (aa), 25% photoperiod (FF) and 50% Fast Version (Fa). The only generation that is 100% Fast Version (Fa) is the F1 Fast Version®.
                'Unfortunately, the number of ways to do something wrong always exceeds the number of ways to do it right.'

Garry Kasparov - How Life Imitates Chess

Comment

• JuanHondo
                  JuanHondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  didn't realize i posted almost exactly the same thing as you...

• coldjack
                  coldjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello JuanHondo,

Great minds think alike LOL.

F1 Fast Version® and Sweet Seeds® is probably the originator, given the registered trade mark. Who knows?

I did cross F1 WW Fast with a Photoperiod strain called Passion No 1 and if they are correct, I am currently growing the resulting (Fa) F2 seeds and intend to cross them again to make an F3 which I hope to cross again later in the year to make an F4 version.

I think the flowering times for the F1 version are spot on for indoor and light dep providing you allow two weeks for the transition from veg to flower when changing lights.

The ones grown in a polytunnel were left to naturally grow and took nearly nine weeks to harvest time.

I only grew three seeds, maybe a larger sample will produce better results.

Pays your money, and take your chance regarding flowering times.

Below is Directly from North Atlantic's FAQ's

What is a FAST strain?
                A FAST strain is a photoperiod strain, meaning that it is photo-sensitive and it does require the grower to peel back the light-per-day in order to flower. FAST strains tend to be extra photo-sensitive and will trigger to flower easier, with more light per day, than a normal photoperiod plant would. They are great plants to run outdoors because they finish weeks earlier than normal photoperiod strains finish; however, it is critical that you wait until mid-June to put them out. If you put them out earlier, there will not be enough light per day for them to stay in a vegetative state and they will likely pre-flower. Indoors, we recommend a 24/0 hour light cycle in the vegetative phase and a normal 12/12 schedule for the flowering phase.
                Genetically, a FAST strain is a first generation (F1 or R1) cross of a photoperiod plant with an autoflowering plant. This practice promotes a FAST finishing genetic trait. In understanding the science of genetics and breeding, we know that the autoflowering trait is recessive, meaning that in a first generation cross of photoperiod x autoflower, the autoflowering trait will not be present (0% likelihood, genetically). In an F2 cross, you would see the autoflowering trait exhibited 25% of the time, and so forth. FAST strains are F1 only, so they do not autoflower. Instead, the autoflowering genetics lend to a faster flower and a more photo-sensitive genetic makeup. It can be expected that a FAST strain will finish at least 1-2 weeks earlier than the standard photoperiod counterpart, and often close to a month earlier if grown outdoors.​

Comment

Here's a post from last year just before the rabbits found it July 11.
                  First pic, HCP x GTH, pic 2 and 3 GG4 x BB3, pic 4 GG x SMCG (fem), pic 5 Black Willie, pic 6 DGD x BB3, pic 7 Freakshow. In pic 4 to the side are a pair of lemon verbena said to keep some bad bugs away while attracting good bugs, IDK! There are also some onions in with some and radish with another, with things the way they are
                  keeping it green with the soil thing
                  love me some frosty autos
                  braap
                  BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Blowdout2269
                    Blowdout2269 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At three weeks, that Fast TP looked like it was movin.
                    Damn you Peter!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X