No Cloudy Trichomes yet - Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cloudy Trichomes yet - Need advice

New to this and growing White Widow Auto. Indoor. Don’t have a tent, using what I have, so partially open In concealed space. Just about 100 days since sprout. 3 gallon pots, fox farms soil (50/50 ocean forest & happy frog). Used fox farms nuts since beginning. Grow space is not hot, almost constant 65 degrees at 45% humidity. Grew nice, smells great, sticky… lots of trichomes but they are all still clear. Autos taking 100 days - is that normal? Most leaves have turned yellow and dried. I know some things I’m doing are far from perfect but it has gone well it not for trichomes not starting to cloud. Suggestions? Also, almost forgot to mention lighting. Use Barrina LED, 252w (6 x 42w) 4ft T8 full spectrum. Was at 20/4 cycle and last week moved to 16/8 to give some more night time.
    thanks for any help!

Last edited by YoungDonja; 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM.

Fox Farms Nutes…. Not nuts lol. Using the trio.

Comment

65f will slow down your plants, 72f is a better number. Can't really see your Trichomes but I see nanners in Pic 1 and 3, the time is not uncommon for a Auto and the plant on the right looks sativa leaning more then the left one, Temps, the burn probably is holding them up.

Give it another week and keep looking, if in two there's still no change probably just cut them. You could take a small sample branch and smoke it in a couple day to see what's up.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

My last grow didn't hardly change. it had a few ambers but never got many more. It had a great smell and it degraded. I should have picked earlier when i first saw the few amber.

So I guess when the smell starts to fade it's time.

Comment

Yeah, you might just have one of those freaks that doesn't cloud or amber. I'd take this previously given advice, and then use your best judgment. Good luck!
          🙂
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I'd follow the advice of waiting just about 7 days honestly and if it was my grow i'd knock out the lights 12/12 give them more darkness. Photos can tolerate cold pretty well at the last stages of ripening, your not growing anymore your ripening. And let those pots dry out between waterings you've done a great job thus far.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              shoot stoner moment did'nt see it was a auto sorry, still a beautiful auto WW

Give it a couple of days then chop it. The plant will not continue to mature when there are no leaves. I have done continuous serial grows of autos for the last seven months. Quite a few of my plants did not amber up at all but resulted in a fine smoke. Must be something with autos.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Wow! Looks like you've done a great job so you should be proud! It's great seeing what can be done and produced with limited resources!

This might be a dumb question, but have you looked at them under a magnifying glass or a loupe? I only ask because you mentioned that you're new to growing and you can only see the trichome heads well under magnification. You might even take a good photo and zoom in if you don't have/want to get a magnifying glass or loupe.

Also, if you've already looked under magnification and don't see any cloudy/amber, I second what others have said about waiting a week or so and harvesting since the leaves really are at the end of their lives. Or test a sample bud to see how it is.

Either way, awesome looking grow and well done!
              Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
              Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• YoungDonja
                YoungDonja commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I use a jewelers loupe just tough to capture pics through it. I look every day hoping to see a change in the coloring. Today I’ll chop a sample off and check it out in a couple of days, just reluctant to do that based on no cloudy trichomes = no THC from most of what I read. I appreciate all of the advice everyone!!

I agree that you should wait another week. The plants have already started using up the remaining nutrients because the leaves are all starting to yellow and die. Great looking plants. White widow is actually more tolerant to lower temps so you definitely lucked out.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Man i've had clear and cloudy but never just no cloudy. I just don't think it's ready and what your doing would be the right way to go.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Are you checking the trichs inside the tent under the light? Natural light is best for checking I find, artificial light will alter the colours

Comment

• YoungDonja
                    YoungDonja commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, grow lights turn off when I inspect. My lights are purple, so when they are on things look way better! I’ll see if I can take a pic through the loupe and post it.

Added a close up but still not sure this is clear enough.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would harvest it if it were mine. Why would i ?, it's got to be ready by the looks of the hairs and leaf by now. If trichs are not cloudy or you can't tell cause i can't tell do to bud shot. I don't think these pics are what it really looks like trich wise. I'm going off the length of grow and looks of the plant.

• Bootsy
                    Bootsy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    agreed . chop her!

Are the hairs mostly brown/rust and curling?
                  Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                  Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                  Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                  Various size fabric grow bags
                  Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                  4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                  Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X