I think they are better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are better

Day 22 and its bren a week since i logically overwatered them. The one that was more damaged still look bad bud it pops new leaves slowly. Theothers have still stif leaves droping down and curled tips but are going better. NOW I noticed some brown spots on the leaves . Propably from oberwatering right.?
    Attached Files

I see PH issues, tell us more.

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Well this might be the problem. Iread somewhere that in fisrt days you dont need to ph water because the small amound wont affect the ph of soil much so i didnt ph it. Alsoi was using my dehumidifire water that had 7.0 ph .Three days ago i watered and phed my eater also i add some enhancer and it seemed they liked it . Iwil continue to ph water from now on and see

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Giannhs The water from a dehumidifier is not readable (nothing in it to read), add a Tbl. of epsom salt (per gallon) to it then test it. It will also gain co2 and be acidic, the acid can be boiled off.

What's the pH in the root zone?
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      the soil has ph 6.3 and i been watering with 7 ph so i dont thing higher than that

A few questions:
    1) Are you growing organic or with synthetic nutrients?
    2) Have you checked for bugs? (The middle two pictures show a couple of leaves that look like they may have pest issues)
    3) How often/how much are you watering? (The symptoms of both under- and over-watering can look very similar ie. droopy leaves like in the last pic especially.)
    4) What is your environment like? (Temp, humidity, ventilation, circulation, etc. Usually those things make a huge difference in the health of a plant, especially if you're not using synthetic nutrients.)

For your dehumidifier water, that's nice to be able to use water that doesn't have any chlorine in it. However, you also have to consider that there are no minerals or anything else in it. Also, dehumidifier tanks can get really gross with slimy mold or mildew. If you can, give it a thorough cleaning every couple of days to keep anything from contaminating your soil. If you can't clean it, consider using tap water and letting it sit for 24 hours or so which will allow most of the chlorine to evaporate.
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Well what you told me was really helpfull thenk

you. Mytap water has a ph 7.3 and as i remebmer when i let it sit for 24-48 ours the ph rised to 7.6.As for lime or vinegar i had used it before but with synthetic nutrients and i faced again ph problems and nutrient burn and someone told me to buy a ph down so i did. Also i am usong light mix from biobizz for soil

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Typically pH Down products are not organic.

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      I've found the most effective organic pH down options are lemon juice (about 1/8 teaspoon per gallon) and vinegar (about 1 Tablespoon per gallon). I've used citric acid (food grade) but that's super strong. Generally these are more 'temporary' in that they'll lower the pH of the water but won't necessarily do too much to the overall pH of the soil. Usually in organic grows, you don't need to do much with pH since the mycorrhizae do an awesome job of buffering pH and in a super amazing crazy only-nature-could-think-of-this sort of way, it gets nutrients to the plant!

Ok AGH . This was one of the best growtalks . yestarday i water with lemon for ph buffer . Now what can i add to my soil to make it more living soil. Shouldi purchase mycorizhae ?. I added some in dry form around the seedling when i planted them.

Comment

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad the information was helpful! You can add mycorrhizae if you want to give it a boost to make sure they're thriving but it's more important to manage the soil. Proper watering and amendments when appropriate. Often dry amendments that you top dress with have enough of the good stuff in there that adding extra things isn't necessary. Adding more won't hurt, but may be limited in their benefit.

For a good living soil article, check out: https://www.growweedeasy.com/organic...ake-super-soil

Pelleted sulfur is a natural PH down buffer, it will make sulfuric acid in the soil when it takes on water and O2.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X