Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow

My White Widow plants are 24 days old. They have been doing very well ...up until now. Leaf tips are noticeably yellowing and other leaves are turning a lighter green. I know there could be a number of reason's but I'd rather nip this in the bud (pun not intended) before I transfer
    Attached Files

I'd like to come out and say nitrogen deficiency. But...
    What's the pH in the root zone?
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Looks like it's time to transplant to a bigger pot. They can get root bound pretty quick.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree those roots are needing room this can cause yellowing

What's the environment numbers?

Comment

There are a few things that could probably all be done at the same time...Yellowing can have many causes and with the info/pic provided, it's hard to say exactly what the root cause (there's another plant pun) likely is so at this point, you might take a multi-pronged approach.

- bigger pot to make sure the roots have room to grow
        - tough to tell, but your soil looks very wet. if it's too wet, the roots suffocate and can't do their job of bringing nutrients to the plant. Try mixing in some perlite when you transplant to help with drainage. Just as importantly, pay close attention to how much and how often you water and adjust based on your plant's behavior.
        - when you up-pot, add a little nitrogen to your soil. your method will be different if you're growing organic or with synthetic nutrients
        - get the environment dialed in...temp, humidity, ventilation, circulation, watering regime, lighting

The great news is it looks like you're paying close attention to your plants and you can tell that they're trying to tell you something. So, it's great that you're trying to figure out what they're saying! The other good news is it looks like they're overall healthy and with some small adjustments, you'll be back on track for some healthy happy plants and a great harvest!
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• demcc3
          demcc3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you AGH! I appreciate the feedback. I'm transferring to 5 gal bags as we speak. I use Coast of Maine Stonington Blend.

I check ph regularly ( or at least I try to) and I usually let the plant tell me when their thirsty (someone told me a few years ago that a good rule of thumb to follow

demcc3 - What'd you decide to do, if anything?
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• demcc3
          demcc3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in process right now of transferring to 5 gal bags

• Blowdout2269
          Blowdout2269 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure that'll definitely help. 👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X