Hash or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash or not?

As harvest draws closer I'm gonna have to decide what to do with all that sugar coated trim. Just curious as to what you all do. I kinda hate to turn a few oz of trim into a few grams of hash. What to do?

I like butter.
    SSD

Comment

I LOVE the hash; it's extra special added fun to a joint!!! Just love it.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I use my trim for hash or butter or canna caps or a wide variety of eatibles - it depends on what I'm low on. I've even made some decent RSO though cured buds are better.
        I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
        Blue Mystic (7 gal)
        VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
        Coco Coir w/30% perlite
        Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Joker
          Joker commented
          Editing a comment
          RSO? what's that?

• Dagmar
          Dagmar commented
          Editing a comment
          Rick Simpson Oil (aka Pheonix Tears, hash oil, cannabis oil)..it's more of a medicinal way to access the health benefits of the CBDs - at least for me.

• Dagmar
          Dagmar commented
          Editing a comment
          Do a Youtube.com search on the Rick Simpson Story, it's pretty interesting.

Dry ice hash is the way to go with the sugar leaves AND the rest of the leaf trim from the plant. Chop it up, let it dry and extract using the micro pore bags (see the tutorial video on GWE). The hash is very versatile, You can smoke it by it's self (very smooth if you don't do too much at one time!), sprinkled in a doobie for a boost, use it in edibles, and if You pre-bake it, it makes a very pleasant and relaxing tea in hot water. Another benefit of the dry ice hash extraction is that by separating most of the 'green' matter out, there is not as much need to let it cure before using it. So far, I have only used this on the leaf trim and stems, not on the buds. Doing the trim this way make it easier for me to get thru the bud curing period! (LOL)
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          The curing prior to making the hash certainly can not hurt any thing.

• Miketyson
          Miketyson commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you or anyone had experience w the ardent nova decarbing machine to use the extract sleeve and decarb ice hash?
          I want to have it to dilute w a simple syrup with out heating

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Miketyson, I have not used ant decarbing machine, I just p;ace the bud, trim, or DI hash on some aluminum foil (in as thin a layer as possible) and bake it in my oven at 245° F for 40 minuets. The only draw back is that it does get a little smelly for a little while, but works very well for me. Since this original post how ever, I have not made any hash (dry ice or other wise), there was always left over stuff to deal with. And being the cheap skate that I am, I have been curing, drying, baking, and making capsules out of it. I do not have any waste and by usine the majority of the plant, I get the benefit s of a 'high' fiber diet! LOL (all puns are intended!). I d make separate caps from the bud and the trim, the trim caps for during the day when I need a little relief and the bud caps for a better sleep.

I dry/ cure my trim..anything with sugar. If you do dry ice hash with predominantly trim it will be more green than gold. I use it for tinctures, add to bud butter for more punch and have also made coconut oil capsules with it.
        I figure if proper curing removes "racing thoughts and paranoia" I want that for my hash.
        i have posted these images before but will send them to you anyway
        the hash happy face is trim
        the dishes are of bud and trim

Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          I was waiting for Tika to jump in with tinctures. She is the best!!! That's what I did with my last trim!

Ah thanks PuravidaC! And Joker more info: Sometimes i get paranoid and think everyone is PMing how they wish I would just shut up.
        And after I posted the images I checked my current batch..at 10 freezer / shake days considering wether to dispense or not. I wish I could access "testers" easily. Not having access today I just threw back a few drops (with cheese as it eases the sublingual burn of 190 proof-or Bacardi 151 for that matter). I am a "cheap date"so I should be able to discern shortly if it is ready or not. Having dealt with rain and wind damage Saturday-crashed Cacti, smashed cymbidiums, broken pots, new pots, sawing cacti, planting again...etc...my body is stiffer than shit so i should be getting some relief shortly. If not the shake will continue.

Tinctures from hash or trim and or bud or all is such an economical use of the delicate remains. Lasts forever in freezer, is transportable, easy to titrate. Hard to measure what will work with seasoned folk-how much is good. Edibles-for me personally are to unreliable..I want to know where I am quickly. If not dry ice hash Kief is great in smokes, great budder or addition to budder.

Back to hash: it has many uses. I too follow Sirius's video on GWE...I have joked with them how no one is sweating while shaking 5 lbs of dry ice for 5 minutes straight..and shaking more and more LOL. I pooled salty droplets over my first batch.
        here are a few images of storm work I resolved..and the tincture is kicking in..I'll have a few more drops and leave it in "the rough". For a few more days.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the spirit, tika!!!

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          All Tatum I used to fish all year long even blue gill was great. The plants need me ..so it will limit the adventure but I'm good with that!

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear about your storm a damage Tika. It's been crazy, a friend in Santa Cruz lost an ancient oak.

I learned something yesterday, I made some dry ice hash out of a bunch of stems (from last harvest) and defoliation trim from the current grow. The new trim, dried and chopped, weighted 161.4 grams and yielded 4.7 grams thru the 25 micron bag and 11.0 grams thru the 75 micron bag for a total of 15.7 grams, or 9.727 %. The stems weighted 108.8 grams, but I forgot to weigh the results before I baked it for tea.
        The last time I made the hash, the 'dust' went everywhere, so this time I had a 'great' idea, I place a large draw string trash bag over the micron bag to trap and collect all of that dust that would have escaped like the last time. Man that was a mistake, the 'trapped dust was almost impossible to collect from the trash bag, STATIC ELECTRICITY! It was very difficult to get the hash off of the bag. I'm glade that I tried it first on the old stems and not the new stuff.
        Live and learn! The tea, from the trim turned out very nice, I'm having a cup now and will try the 'stemmage' tea later.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          DW, that's funny about the trash bag; I did indeed laugh out loud.

Decarboxylation is the key. After that I am a brownie guy (old school).
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Agree the waste during shake is awful. Turned my canister green! I want a thin corrion or even foam core 3.5 foot box with open top to shake over/into. Especially since your area is to be well ventilated- the blow by kief from the breeze if collected would be quite measurable I think.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X