Training symmetric vs asymmetric plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training symmetric vs asymmetric plants

Something I've noticed with my plants is that clones have asymmetric branching, but plants grown from seed have symmetrical branching. Is this a universal thing? Anyway my question is about plant training for both types as I was planning to try manifolding, but my latest batch are clones and I'm not sure if it would work. It certainly wouldn't look like the tutorial pics. So the other question is what would the next best training be for asymmetric plants?

I'm assuming manifolding is comparable to "BU2B’s PPP Method." If you look it up, there is a pdf file that gives information on the method, and at the very end it of the document there are examples of how it is done in regards to clones. If this is not what you had in mind, ignore the post, lol

Comment

Removing branches from a healthy plant that's how i get the shape i want.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You can manifold asymmetrical plants but it won't be the ideal way to train them - won't kill them, but won't be ideal. I would suggest SCROG or mixing some LST with topping. The reason a manifold works is because you keep everything symmetrical which allows nutrients to be distributed evenly to all of the main colas/branches. Save your manifold experiement (really a fun way to train!) for your next run starting with seeds. I think you'll be happier and get a more beneficial experience doing it that way.
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

You can manifold a clone. You just have to choose the right cutting as well as the right time. Check this tutorial:

Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• CanisMajor
            CanisMajor commented
            Editing a comment
            That is an informative tutorial, thank you! If I understand correctly, the older the mother is, the more asymmetric or farther apart the opposing branches will be. I had previously read Nebula's tutorial on "manifolding" but the example plants were symmetrical, seedlings I suppose? I will definitely try "mainlining" the next group.

• Blowdout2269
            Blowdout2269 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've done this with a clone before. And unless you were to look really close, you wouldn't even know the difference.

• changeofpace2014
            changeofpace2014 commented
            Editing a comment
            well put blowout.....Nebula address this characteristic in her manifolding article.

I have a mutant growing from seed..no clone history, and it's growing nodes with 3, 2 & 1 pairings.....where I gave it its last top I've got 3 colas coming out of it instead of 2....bonus
          Click image for larger version

Name:	16753958531654247778765487730616.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	587677
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X