• Show
Clear All

First Auto

Click image for larger version

Name:	scarlet.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	586428
    So, my first auto plant is nearing its harvest window. Also my first indoor grow. It's been a pretty much trouble-free grow so
    far. Great lemony profile and incredibly sticky medium size buds. My only issue is its overall small size. Seeds sprouted right
    around Thanksgiving and began flower way sooner than I expected, resulting in its diminutive stature. Being an outdoor
    grower who is used to 5-6 foot plants this seems to be a lot of effort for what will ultimately probably be only 1/2 to 3/4 oz of bud.
    Great experience for me but I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. I'll take a little break I think then give it another shot with a
    couple more plants this time.

Yay, you made it!
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

It looks nice 'n frosty. I chopped my little lemon auto top buds first then lowers later.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        I generally always take tops first also.

Great !! Congrat !!
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I hear ya with the yields but they are getting better with genetics crucialbunny. Enjoy the harvest !
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by crucialbunny View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	scarlet.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	586428
          So, my first auto plant is nearing its harvest window. Also my first indoor grow. It's been a pretty much trouble-free grow so
          far. Great lemony profile and incredibly sticky medium size buds. My only issue is its overall small size. Seeds sprouted right
          around Thanksgiving and began flower way sooner than I expected, resulting in its diminutive stature. Being an outdoor
          grower who is used to 5-6 foot plants this seems to be a lot of effort for what will ultimately probably be only 1/2 to 3/4 oz of bud.
          Great experience for me but I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. I'll take a little break I think then give it another shot with a
          couple more plants this time.
          Congratulations a harvest on your first indoor grow is a win itself. It looks nice and dank. Was this the windowsill grow?
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            It received sun throughout the day thru my guestroom French doors and then using a timer I would give it light from a KingLED KM1000. It was basically on a 19-5 light schedule. I also was using under canopy lighting with a multi-spectrum tube system. I started two plants initially so I could compare one with under canopy and the other without, but my granddaughter who helped me germinate the seeds pulled one so she could see how big the tap root had gotten. I ended up having no comparison. Oh well.

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to say, I'm amazed at how sticky this Runtz is. Last plant I remember being this sticky was a couple of Wedding Cake clones a few years ago.
            Last edited by crucialbunny; 01-22-2023, 12:17 AM.

Hey, I’m in my first real auto grow too. Just about 4 weeks in. Transplanted a week ago and topped half of them 3 days ago. They are already starting to get pistils and are still quite small. Was told to expect big stretch any day and I’m hopping that happens cuz now all but one are less than 12” tall. Another concern is one of the eight looks pretty strange- more like a ruderalis or small hemp plant, maybe it’s ruderalis genetics are taking over but I wouldn’t expect that from an F4. If it doesn’t start looking more
          “normal” I’ll post a few pics and see what you folks think. If it doesn’t get looking better I’ll probably get rid of it and make more room for the others. At least what you got looks nice and frosty and pretty dense too.
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Update_Blackberry Kush and ZKittlez auto grow week 4 photos
            All plants showing or starting to show pistils, some with first budlets starting to form.
            Starting gentle LST, will get more aggressive once there's a little more growth.
            Blackberry Kush is living up to its heritage, kush genetics coming through, shorter and bushier than the Zkittlez.
            Will start flowering nutrients in 3 days

One of the Zkittlez that was topped looks like I FIMed it instead_ not the intention. New growth at junction is recovering slowly, no photo_where'd it go?
            Darn, lost the photo of the Zkittlez that is tall and thin with no branches too. I need tp most this photo so I'll take another and post soon.
            Its a strange one_its starting to get budlets but at the junction of the fan leaf and stalk, but there are no real branches.
            Looks like she's gonna be a tall, thin one.seems like its hemp/rruderalis genetics may be breaking through.
            Anyone heard of this trait before in autos?

The tallest Zkittlez has already developed alternate branch\ing, is this common for autos? Most of the time my photo periods haven't done this until just before the initial signs of flowering, but I suppose this auto is already there, so probably no so different?

Most of my autos have been

Number 1_ all the girls
            Number 2_Tallest Zkittlez. beginning LST.
            Number 3_alternate branching on Forum Zkittlez
            Number 4_opposite branching on Forum Zkittlez
            Number 5_Zkittlez
            Number 6_Blackberry Kush_ tiny budget getting started
            Number 7_Blackberry Kush_ topped, forming budlets
            Number 8_ 2nd Blackberry Kush_topped

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!
            Attached Files
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X