need opinions on trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need opinions on trichomes

Here are some photos of the buds on my remaining two plants (II and IIX), they were germinated on 10/22/2016 and are now going into their 11th week of 12/12/ light period. They are each under 220 watts of CFL (mixed 5000K and 2700K). Plant IIX has many amber pistils and about 30% of the trichomes are turning cloudy. Plant II has some amber pistils and I have only seen a few cloudy tricomes, it is also very sticky. I have tried a small bud (from lower on the plants) and they had a good effect, although a little 'speedy' effect. My last grow was being harvested at about this same age. I am using two supplements (Liquid KoolBloom and Floralicious plus) that I did not use on the last grow.
    Can the supplements extend the bloom time, requiring more time to mature? Thanks for any advice.
    First, plant II
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	58464Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	58465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	58466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	58467Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	58468
    Plant IIX
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1523.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	58469Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	58470Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	58471Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	58472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1551.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	58473
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

1 week maybe then hack and hang!!!!!!!!! Never used those nutes before so I can not say

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'm going to wait and then do a flush cycle (the 'samples' tried, were very harsh but promising!) before harvesting.

My last two grows of same strain had drastically different flower times although last one may have finished too early do to mishandling on my part. You could chop one now and wait a week or so for the other or take both at same time to compare.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't see tricomes clearly but there are a lot of white pistils. Could just be the strain. Tricomes color is the gold standard for harvest.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      These should be 'sisters' (from the same bag), but they have behaved differently, IIX is 10 inches shorter and was building the buds up several weeks before II did.
      Thanks for Your information, I think that I may wait a little longer, until I can see, at least, a little color showing in the trichomes.

When my plants are at their end they start dropping the fan leaves or at least yellowing. The top plant isn't doing that and it looks like it has been stretching towards the light. I'd wait another week and monitor but you may be at the limits of your system.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a little yellowing on some of the upper leaves but she does not show any on the lower ones (except for all little neut burn, small brown curly tips). Some of the stretch towards the right side, I cleared up by putting a plant tie to the central stem, it had grown enough weight in the buds to lean over!
      Thanks for Your input, I think that I'll give them both a little more time.

Your sativas are lovely!!!!

Nebula says wait till 70% or so of triches are milky, so you may have a little more time till harvest. I'm almost to harvest, in the final flush now, and keeping my eye in the microscope...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      But this is the time when we can make a huge mistake by harvesting too soon. I look at those little triches under the microscope every day... waiting, waiting...

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true indeed!
      Thanks for the input, I think that I will wait and check them each day. I'm going to make some DIH tomorrow out of the trim that I have been collecting over the last several weeks, this should make the waiting a little easier!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm about to do that myself, but I'm gonna wait until I get all the sugar leaves...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X