No announcement yet.

Newbie when to harvest question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Newbie when to harvest question :)

I have 2 plants, Following the picture is a close up of buds below the top cola. They seem milky by my eyes so im assuming i need to wait a little longer for more amber. Please let me know if im correct in assuming this. Im trying to also chop them at the same time as im using the tent to dry them

After just a glance at the first picture, you have a ways to go bud.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• ponzi314
      ponzi314 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious, is it the white hairs that give this indication? I noticed i have alot of white hairs on mine still.

• ChubbNugg
      ChubbNugg commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd jump on the Ph runoff right now. That first pic is showing sign.

That's correct.

Comment

ponzi314 there's some really good guidance on harvesting over at the GWE web site. The pistils will turn dark and curl back in. When that happens you'll be getting close.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hello! Below is a post I put in a different thread, but it's appropriate here as well. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

"Welcome to growing and even better: learning!

Generally the flowering stage for a photoperiod (I'm assuming that's what you have but if you have autos, timeframes are different) lasts 8-12 weeks with most finishing in 8-10 weeks. That's at LEAST 56-70 days in the flowering stage. There are a few ways to know when your harvest window opens:

1) Time in flower stage. This is generally given by the breeder, but you can use the rule of thumb of 8-10 weeks. This method gives you a general idea of when you can plan to harvest. (At 45 days, you're significantly NOT in the harvest window yet)
        2) Pistils start to turn amber/orange/brown and curl in on themselves and no new ones are growing. You still have lots of white pistils indicating you're not yet in the harvest window.
        3) Trichomes turn milky then some amber. Trichomes, NOT pistils...the photos you posted aren't close enough to show the trichomes (you need a magnifying glass, jeweler's loupe, etc to see them) but looking at everything else, my guess is that you'll see they're pretty much all clear, maybe with a few turning milky.
        4) The overall health of the plant. This means that the fan leaves will start turning yellow or brownish or redish or purplish sometimes, the plant will drink less water, and the buds will have stopped swelling. Note that these things will happen naturally, NOT because you stopped feeding them.

So, all that said, I think you have at least 2-3 more weeks from when you first posted if not even a little longer.

Keep us posted with what you decide and when you decide to harvest! Looks like it will be bountiful when you do!"​
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          AGH thank you as always, you always provide me with so much info. Since we last talked ive added Dolomite Lime and just kept watering them. I will wait for more orange hairs to show up. They werent kidding when they said Live Soil will be slower .

Has anyone noticed there is no trich development on the sugar leaves?

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that due to it being too soon?

• ChubbNugg
          ChubbNugg commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good question. I don't know.

Might be. But some just don't frost up that way. There could also be environmental factors at play. It's anybody's guess. 🤷‍♂️
        Last edited by Blowdout2269; 12-20-2022, 07:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• ChubbNugg
          ChubbNugg commented
          Editing a comment
          See? There is an amazing factor. I've never grown one like that. Huh. Learn something new ever day. It may be just the way it grows.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X