Clones dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones dying?

Hello my friends, My son bought me two clones at the weed store last friday. I planted them in my usual soil mix, but there are not going well. I just can't figure out what the heck is going wrong this year? I have a humidifier in the grow room set at 55%, inside the tent fluctuates. i have seem it at 60% and as low as 35%. other than that, i don't know whats up? any thoughts / advise?
    Attached Files

Morning johnb1963 my clones will struggle to grow deeper roots if the room temp is too cool. I grow my clones under a CFL and keep a clear dome on top for humidity till i see new growth. Takes abit longer in winter to root clones i've found out, temps play a huge role. Good luck they just need time and warmth after a couple weeks i remove the domes an give them a very light taste of growth fert best of luck.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I've found that misting with worm compost leachate until they have roots really helps things move along positively

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep worm compost or bat quano tea they love

Thanks guys, I will try misting and a dome and keep you posted

Comment

I agree with what SoOrbudgal says. That's basically how I do it. I've never sprayed with a tea though, just pH'd water. And I always spray the underside of the propigator dome.
        I wouldn't worry to much. Most clones look rough at first.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Hello my friends. Well I have had these girls u.der a dome, misted them, done everything I could think of and they are not getting better. So today I transplanted them into fabric pots. I wanted to see if there was any root growth and to my surprise there was! Lots of nice white healthy looking roots. So what the hell is wrong?
          Attached Files

Comment

• ChubbNugg
            ChubbNugg commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks like nute lockout. I would double fripple ripple check the Ph over an over, to rule out what I find to be the number one problem from my experience. If you look closely at the soil in the previous photos, It looks like there may be some salt burn on the perlite/vermiculite. That"s when the white particles turn brown on top. The second set of photos of the grow bags do not show that brown burnt look in the white stuff. I always wanted to do a comparison of the run off water from a pot with the brown perlite vs one that don't. Haven't got to it yet. I have seen the brown junk rinse off with just plain water, but I always flushed that stuff all the way out.

hello ChubbHugg, i was misting the plants, and used a light dose of foliage nutes. so I think thats why the perlite turned color. i will definitely double check the PH. these days i rarely check it, i use tap water and know exactly how much PH down per gallon to add, that gets me at 6.5.
          thanks for the input, and happy holidays!

Comment

• ChubbNugg
            ChubbNugg commented
            Editing a comment
            My tap water fluctuates. My tap water also has a few very interesting avenues to follow. The properties of our tap water are always changing. At the slightest sign of a color change in the plant, Dag gum check that run off! 90% of the time this is the start. Once Ph runoff is corrected, Bada Bing!

Mind me asking of what your usual soil mix consists? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Comment

hi 1989, sure, i mix fox farms ocean forest and happy frog, 50/50, then add 30% organic perlite. then fill my 5 gal fabric pots. i typically grow from seeds, but my son gave me these two clones. i have made my own clones, the last two years, never had any problems. my green thumbs are no loner green, lol.

Comment

Curious as to what the issue can be as well. I also use fox farms, 2:1:1, ocean forest, happy frog, perlite. You should definitely have all the nutrients covered, and your first post was over 11 days ago which would imply if dormant microbes were the issue because of dry soil that issue would now be gone. That is why I am inclined to agree with ChubbNugg. The nutrients are there, but for some reason the plants are still missing something, and not just one of the plants. Following this post for sure!

Comment

i getting a new PH pen today, and i'll do a run-off test!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I would be very interested in your experience and findings with the Ph pen. This is getting interesting fast now.

Comment

so I ph'd my water to 6.5, watered my plants, came back about 10 mins later, and the run-of was 6.5, and the PPM was 1012. new soil so its Hot. lets see how they look in a couple days. pics to follow.

Comment

• ChubbNugg
                      ChubbNugg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got ma fingers crossed for ya. Please Please Baby Weed Jesus. Let em Live!

Amen brother!

Comment

Yo so did the CLone Live.... three days later....
                      First timer grower
                      Current Grow-
                      Three King Strain Nov 3 - Clone of that strain also

Autoflowers Alaskan Ice and Zkittles

Comment

• ChubbNugg
                        ChubbNugg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah,, wha happened?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X