To flower or not to flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To flower or not to flower?

This my African strain (appears to be a photo) it is 5 weeks old from sprout. It is currently under 12 and 12 because I can't tell if it is flowering or if those green and white hairs are more vegetation. Can anyone help me determine whether I need to go back to vegging or keep on with flowering?
    Attached Files

How long you been flowering. How many plants. If only one continue on.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been flowering for about a week as it sure looks ready to me. I have zero experience when it comes to photoperiods. I have always gone with autos. It sure would be nice though the seeds are cheaper. I got my partition up, my timers set and we're ready to go. I'll take your advice as I'm dying to try this smoke, never had a plant from Africa before. Thanks man!
      Last edited by OverMedicated; 12-06-2022, 06:18 AM. Reason: Left out some stuff.

So you say that this plant is 5wks old and it's been on 12/12 for a week and has developed those budlets after only 1wk under flowering mode? And all you've grown are autos but yet you can't tell if this is a photo or auto? Interesting you don't know when a plant is flowering oh i guess we all need to help the Helpless just keep it on 12/12 Helpless
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for granting me an audience your worship, (Sarcasm snicker, snicker). No, the reason it was hard to tell was because I had never had a photo and the trichomes were green. Trichomes, that's right, right? Anyway, you know what I mean, but you got one thing right I am Helpless.
      Last edited by OverMedicated; 12-14-2022, 02:11 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it's fine next time i'll send ya a bill

Why would you want to revert it back to vegitative growth? And yes, those are flowers. Please read some more on the main site before asking silly questions. Maybe start here:
    This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

And you can look here:
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...t-requirements
    Maybe here aswell:
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 12-06-2022, 07:56 AM.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, and will do. Oh, there is no such thing as a silly question.

Whatever it is it's been flipped and in flower, no reason to go backwards now. Looks healthy enough, make the best of it. good luck.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for giving it a look over. I just wasn't sure.

You probably had them on 12/12 being a auto guy so it would make since flowering since seedling for 4 weeks would develop some type of flowers young as it is.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      It kinda surprised me. It flowered really early, and I thought it was still in veg stage. Thanks for your help.

Just to make sure for your next photoperiod: During veg, you need to keep lights at 18 on, 6 off. This will keep them in vegetative stage for as long as you want since it's the increase to 12 hours of DARKNESS that tells the plant to start flowering stage. That's why it's so important to have a lightproof tent or other space since if they get light during their 12 hours of darkness, they can re-veg, herm, or do other undesirable things. Vegetative stage usually lasts between 4-6 weeks. This length of time allows the plant to grow big and strong and vigorously and helps it create many bud sites. You can keep them in the vegetative stage as long as you want, but personally, I flip to flower (12 on, 12 off) once they're about a third to half of their total expected height (taking into account any plant stands, how high I can place my lights from the plants, what intensity level they're on, etc.

Cannabis can physically begin to make flowers after it's about 3 weeks old from sprouting. Granted this isn't ideal as they won't be big or plentiful, but they're physiologically 'mature' enough to produce flowers which is why you're seeing that development at 5 weeks. So, if it is showing flowers, it's definitely not in the vegetative stage any longer which also means you should adjust temperatures, humidities, nutrients, etc. to appropriate levels.

My recommendation is to not re-veg them since that can be a lot of stress for the plants and will take a lot of time.

My other recommendation: check the height/intensity of your lights - the last 3 photos of your original post look like they're experiencing some light burn...yellowed tips, lighter green, especially at the top of the plant. Could be nute burn, but it looks isolated to the top of the plant (at least from those pics) so that's what makes it seem like light stress.

Good on you for continuing to learn new things and not being afraid to ask!
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, I didn't know that they can flower in three weeks, but you're right, the plant would be rather small. This plant is growing some scraggly looking buds, wish I could fatten them up, but I'm not familiar with this plant. Maybe that's just the way it grows.

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll probably have small buds and a low yield since it wasn't in veg for long. Photos need 4-6 weeks in veg before they're really able to build strong, healthy buds. Next time, keep the lights on 18 on, 6 off for veg until you're ready to flip them to 12/12.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X