1st time grow - Harvesting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time grow - Harvesting help

Hello fellow members! This is my first time growing and I could use some help/advice on how close these are to harvest time. From everything I have been looking at online it "think" these are getting close but may still need a little more time. It has been 95 days since I planted 4 seeds and I ended up with 3 girls. These were freebies that I received with my seed order and I figured I would start with these. They were listed as Dynasty Genetics "Orange Cherries". I have yet to find any information on this strain other than 1 obscure post that said this is a cross between Agent Orange and Ms. Universe. If anyone has heard of this or has any info I would really appreciate it.

I flipped them to 12/12 45 days ago and gave them their last feeding 1.5 weeks ago. I noticed the leaves starting to change color and I assume that is a good thing. I would love any feedback you have on how they look and if you think I should do anything other than let them finish off. I am particularly interested in getting feedback on how close they are to harvest time. From everything I have researched I "think" these still need a little more time, but I am not super confident in that. I can see a few amber trichomes on some of the fan leaves but not many so far on the actual buds and the pistols are still pretty hairy. I am attaching a bud shot from each of the 3 plants for your viewing pleasure . Plant Number 1 seems to be the furthest along but is also the plant that is showing the least interesting traits. The buds seem different and there is little to no smell coming off this one. The other 2 plants are super smelly (in a good way) and seem to have better buds.

If you look at the canopy shot. Number 1 is front left, Number 2 is front right and Number 3 is the back half. Number 3 has been the star since day1 and I managed to get a clone from it so if these turn out to be something special I can keep it going.

I am excited to join the forum and thanks in advance for any feedback you may have!

Vivosun 3x3 grow tent
    Vivosun VS20000 lighting
    Fox farm trio for nutes
    Coco in 5 gallon pots​
    Last edited by Keegeht; 12-03-2022, 12:35 PM.

Get yourself a Jewelers Loop with at least 60 power and look at the Trichomes on the buds. If they are all cloudy with a few amber, you're good to harvest.

Comment

[QUOTE=Keegeht;n582071]help/advice on how close these are to harvest time.

As a new grower & on a learning curve. The second shot appears to show a good % of amber trichomes. I would have probably harvested by this time ~ It would be dependant on your smoking requirements. I'm sure the more experienced will give you good advice. ~ nice photos by the way.
      Last edited by Heisenbud; 12-03-2022, 12:53 PM.
      80 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm grow tent
      Portable 500w oil filled heater
      12.5 litre air pots - Coco coir,Perlite​
      Air circulation fan & extraction fan/filter
      Dehumidifier/humidifier ~ 'Ink Bird' controllers.
      Presently using 'Canna' nutrients / distilled water.
      'Photone' par/ppfd meter app for Iphone/Android
      Hanna HI 9214 Ph meter / Bluelab Truncheon E.C / ppm meter
      'Fecida' LED full spectrum 1000w equivalent / 125 watt draw from mains

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses! I agree the one bud from the second picture looks ready and will take that whole plant tomorrow morning. I think I should wait a bit longer for the other 2, right?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          You are not ready to harvest. Wait longer and you cut off food to early.

You are nowhere near time to harvest any of them plants and should still be feeding them.

2 to 4 weeks out still.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I'm with Mr.furley. You're a ways off. Keep feeding and watering for at least a couple weeks. I'd bet u go another three at least. Good luck!
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

So glad I asked! Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I will do 1 more feeding and give them a few more weeks and share some more pictures.

Have to say this has been a blast. I am for sure going to do this again.

Comment

Welcome to growing and even better: learning!

Generally the flowering stage for a photoperiod (I'm assuming that's what you have but if you have autos, timeframes are different) lasts 8-12 weeks with most finishing in 8-10 weeks. That's at LEAST 56-70 days in the flowering stage. There are a few ways to know when your harvest window opens:

1) Time in flower stage. This is generally given by the breeder, but you can use the rule of thumb of 8-10 weeks. This method gives you a general idea of when you can plan to harvest. (At 45 days, you're significantly NOT in the harvest window yet)
              2) Pistils start to turn amber/orange/brown and curl in on themselves and no new ones are growing. You still have lots of white pistils indicating you're not yet in the harvest window.
              3) Trichomes turn milky then some amber. Trichomes, NOT pistils...the photos you posted aren't close enough to show the trichomes (you need a magnifying glass, jeweler's loupe, etc to see them) but looking at everything else, my guess is that you'll see they're pretty much all clear, maybe with a few turning milky.
              4) The overall health of the plant. This means that the fan leaves will start turning yellow or brownish or redish or purplish sometimes, the plant will drink less water, and the buds will have stopped swelling. Note that these things will happen naturally, NOT because you stopped feeding them.

So, all that said, I think you have at least 2-3 more weeks from when you first posted if not even a little longer.

Keep us posted with what you decide and when you decide to harvest! Looks like it will be bountiful when you do!
              Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
              Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X