Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed "inversion growing?" - worth continuing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed "inversion growing?" - worth continuing??

hi. I wonder if anyone has had this situation and can elucidate. First - i profess innocence in that I am very careful of placement of sprouted seeds in soil (DUHH - but have been wrong before) so it is the seed's fault. 3 ladies to go in a 2 by 4 tent in a month or so. One of them had the root pop out of the soil, not the other end. I normally would have just tossed it and gone with 2 plants, but it is a CBD which is soon needed for friends and wife who are running out - so I carefully removed it and re-planted with root (1 inch) down, 3 days ago and she is now popped out. All 3 look OK, but the CBD in question is a lot smaller. IMHO it could be stunted forever, but also could just be those few days behind. I would rather not waste another seed if this one will do fine. Has anyone ever tried to recover when this happens? did it work out? Odds are if i dont hear from someone who has tried, I wont take a chance and will start another seed. But I would be a much happier stoner if things just went on. Life decisions are so tough (but this isnt one of the tough ones) , but i am curious about stuff and hate to give up on anything. Hmmm - load the plenty, cut the lime, pick a tequila for a morning of TV. Here for a good time, (likely) not a long time.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

I say go for it. It's behind because of the replanting and will fully develop.

Comment

I'd say let it grow. It's already behind and that won't change if you start another seed. I think it will recover.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Bootsy Take a breath, have a shot or two of Patron and give it a couple of weeks. Then have a few more shots and decide.

Comment

LOL, when I seen the tittle, my though went to a friend that tried to grow one upside down, didn't work out well and he wont tell me what happened. I can guess the water running down it caused rot.
          Myself I would have just spotted a little soil over it and let it go, grow on! It will live, be stunted, or die, good luck!

Comment

LOL sorry for the giggle sounds like something i would do LOL but i hardly ever give up on a purchased seed i gotta say give her a go.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

There seems to be a trend here...
              But hell, I'll join in. Yes, let it live! What's the worst that could happen?
              Back to playin in the dirt!
              Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
              I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

freaking bleeding hearts . now Ive gotta keep her going out of compassion? I wilol start another cbd in case, and when it gets time , assess what to do. might mean keeping a tent going for her - which means I might as well start a few more?? the pressure of these decisions is so heavy
                A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I'm a newbie so if anything I write sounds like I know what I'm saying then I didn't write it right...

The plant on the right was an over achiever from the time I cracked the seeds. Its little root foot was as centimeter long when the other seed had just started pushing out it's root. It was taller the entire time and I did worry that it was stretching too much. But now I see the very fat buds on it and a little ones on the other plant. Oh. They're both frosty but the one on the right is big and frosty. The left plant will give up some buds but I'd rather have two like the right plant.

I know seeds are pricy but not compared to the energy cost of growing them. TCO. I'm thinking from now on that I will crack three seeds and cull the weakest. Maybe use it for experiments. In your case you have a bird in the hand but you're not too far along to crack another... Then keep the best. (And remember I'm a newbie so double check anything I wrote that seems to makes sense.)
                  Last edited by 90Gizmo; 12-04-2022, 04:31 AM.
                  Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                  Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                  Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Franklin
                    Franklin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What's that honeycomb looking thing in your tent

• 90Gizmo
                    90Gizmo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's the inside of my DIY humidifier... I have three small cores in a pot with a fan blowing on them. Normally they're covered with a shroud made with the cardboard from 12-pack but I was just adding more water. The fan is on a smart plug... Works great!

I'm with the group - let her grow! It is beneficial and efficient to plant them taproot down, but it's far from essential. Consider when you plant a garden or a field...farmers aren't out in their fields with little tweezers making sure all the soy beans have their taproots pointing down. We think pretty highly of ourselves as humans (not necessarily an insult) so we have an innate need to be managers of the universe. But seeds and plants are amazing things. Believe it or not (when you're bored and have too much time on your hands) plant a seed upside down and you'll see that while the taproot initially grows upward (since that's where it's pointing), after it realizes it's growing up instead of down, it will curve itself over and will grow downwards as long as there's enough soil on top of it. This takes some time and energy so it may delay the growth by a day or two, but it's a perfectly viable plant, all while doing its damn thing without intervention.

Plants are smart and nature is human proof...as long as we let it be!
                  Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                  Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

I have had this exact same thing happen to me. I readjusted the seed as you have done. The plant was smaller than it's sisters until the stretch. Now I cannot tell them apart. Keep the faith baby!
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

well OMG, I expect you and the otherbleeding hearts are right and she is alive! And even better - hopefully like yours, she is already catching up, and looks not bad except behind. But- she has all single lobe leaves, as if she re-vegged. I guess i feel better - It kills me when end up with excess clones and cuttings into the compost! However, i started two more cbd in the meantime and need 2 tents now, so i might as well pick out another 2 new strains to fill em both. leaning towards strawberry banana( super high thc), and CBDurban (50 50 thc/cbd) . back to water only soil this time in case i head away and need care by others. when i posted, i did expect most to say kill and start over - interesting.

Comment

well. The consensus was best option. the little girl has now caught up with the others and looks great. Kinda cool and now on to the grow, and I will give her special attention now. I really didnt think she had a chance after the root tip being so far out of soil. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Thanks for the update and glad to hear everything turned out!
                          Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                          Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X