No announcement yet.

Orange zkittles breeding project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't given an update for some time so here goes. My recent attempt to reverse the sour orange zkittles and the blueberry x strawberry cough x cotton candy started terribly. Several seeds died from damping off and the ones that survived grew poorly, twisted leaves, weird mottled spots. I ended up with one bbxscxcc and two sour Skittles surviving. I posted pictures on another forum looking for help and received tons of ideas but finally broke down and paid 40 bucks for a soil test from Amazon and it was the best thing I've ever done.

I've looked at a thousand nutrient deficiency charts but nothing beats good old science. Turns out I was slightly low on ph, very deficient in nitrogen, had excess potassium and phosphorous, and deficiencies in a few micro nutrients. Since I'm now all organic without bottles, I threw some blood meal in there for nitrogen, lime for ph, and watered with a little TM7 for micros. Within a week things started looking MUCH better.

I flipped to 12 a month ago, sprayed some branches with colloidal silver for two weeks, and here's how things are going. Looking pretty good! The bbxccxsc smells amazing, like blueberry candy. It's on the lower left. The two sour orange zkittles are just starting to get some smell, candy orange. I'm seeing some pollen so will be collecting that relatively soon.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it Franklin that's gonna be some real fire of a cross when it happens looking at those genetics. Cheers

I harvested some feminized pollen from the cotton candy kush x strawberry cough x blueberry plant, seeds from changeofpace2014. I'm now trying to get the pollen super dry by double jarring it with desiccant. I've been told the secret to long term freezer storage is extreme drying. I probably won't be able to use this pollen for many more months but the goal is to cross this with my orange zkittles to do a Franklin x changeofpace2014 collaboration seed run. I'll make those available here when they're ready. The rest of the run is going well, the bruzzlez zproutz is nearly ready to harvest (not as aromatic as I wanted), as are the non-reversed branches of the cck x sc x blueberry. The latter smells AMAZING, so much blueberry. That pollen is going to make some killer crosses.

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      You are one of the few hobby breeders i trust with your crosses. Very stable for me.

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do I sign up for some tester seeds 😅

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job and beautiful plants

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X