Feminized Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feminized Seeds

I found some seeds from my last grow which was a feminized plant. Started a couple of the found seeds and they are growing quite vigorously. Question is, is it possible for them to be male plants or should they also be feminized. Or a 50% chance Thanks Muskie Man
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

I really do not know. I think they will be female but not positive. Good to hear from you. You haven't been active in quite a while.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Wish i could say 100% that they'd be fems but i can't. Yep good to see ya MuskieMan stay warm and good luck with this grow i'm cheering for ya that you got fems
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

A few of us were just discussing genetics a bit and this fits right in. Seeds from late stage self-pollinated feminized plants tend to be female, but not always. Female seeds tend to insure the propagation of the plant more than male seeds as females CAN throw out a male bud and continue on while males don’t make female buds unless they’re hermaphrodite. ✌️

Comment

I'd like to say yes, they should be 100% female. Just like others are leaning towards.
          But hey, life finds a way, right?
          MuskieMan - Glad to see you're still at it!
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around much, just not much to say and the growers on this board have a lot more experience than I. Still happily growing my own weed and making cookies from it... Thanks for the responses, will continue on with the found seeds and let you know if it works or a waste of time... Muskie Man
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Howdy MuskieMan, in my experience, when a female plant produces seeds without any male plants around (usually thru 'nanners'), the seeds produced have all been females with the same traits as the 'mother' plant. I even try to stress the plants, about mid-way thru the flowering stage, with light and or heat stress. On my last grow I tried to stress them and so far, I have not found any seeds in the bud (and it is really good bud too!). Oh, the original seeds for the grow were from a 'nannered' mom.
              I'd say pop 'em and find out their gender.

Never a waste of time if some knowledge is gained!
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Great question. f there weren't any boys around it is definitely female. There are no make genetics in the mix to make male. Volunteer Hermie plants are definitely more prone to making Hermie's, just like short plants are more likely to make short and tall, tall. However CS induced feminized pollen should not be any more likely to make Hermies because there is no modification of the genetics

Comment

Hi MuskieMan I have limited experience but the one seed that I found in a feminized bud I grew turned out to be a female. Glad to see you back at it.
                Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

It depends on where the pollen came from, IF it came from a male then expect 50% male/female, IF the pollen came from a female then they would all be female seed.

Comment

My experience with found seeds from fem plants-beautiful grow, vigorous plant. Ended up with plant full of impotent seeds. Wish you better luck
                    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Hi MuskieMan been missing you, glad things are rolling along well! My first three plants came from dispensary bud seeds and they were 100% girls. Two seeds didn't even look very good but they all grew up nicely, except for some operator error.
                      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                      Various size fabric grow bags
                      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all your comments. One month in and the found seeds are growing extremely well. Almost time to do some topping... Muskie Man
                        Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Hi! I'm happy to hear your seeds plants are doing great. I'm struggling with the same question, as I'm a newbie n this question. My brother used to grow cannabis secretly, and I found a few seeds in the house he moved from. I was thinking of growing them, but I don't know their qualities and which type it is.How do I check? I don't want to spend money on special lighting and equipment ad constantly check o them only to grow the plant, which won't be good enough to get high. However, I want to start growing cannabis. So if there's no way to check the quality of the seeds, I'll probably buy some seeds from marijuana seeds canada. That way, I at least know what I'm growing
                          Last edited by DeaMaco; 12-29-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• MuskieMan
                            MuskieMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            One of the most important tools is the light. Your seeds might be OK, but if you don't know what they are, you might be wasting your time and effort. My found seeds are doing very well and are about to be switched to bloom. That's where I will find out whether boys or girls. Good luck with you efforts. Moskie Man

• Blowdout2269
                            Blowdout2269 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sounds to me like those found seeds would be a good learning experience for ya.

DeaMaco welcome. You’re right to think about the quality of the seeds but there is no way to judge the quality of a cannabis seed just by looking at it. There’s some good info on that at GWE. Generally, your seeds should be dark in color. Lighter colored seeds may mean a less developed plant when it grows. But that’s only one consideration when looking at seeds. If you want to get high you’ll need to grow feminized or female cannabis plants. The only way to sex a cannabis plant is to grow it. Again, some good info on the QWE site. As I’ve only been growing a few years I speak from experience when it come to equipment. Be sure to do some research. I didn’t and it cost me $$ because what I originally bought was poor quality and I had to buy some stuff twice. The light is the biggest investment. Good luck. Come back often. 😎
                          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X