Just sharing progress. Gelato AUTO in live soil. Day 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Just sharing progress. Gelato AUTO in live soil. Day 51

People on reddit seem to think they are hungry but i thought Live soil was just a add water solution. Im hoping i can continue with just water.

I bought a moisture meter so been watering alot less. I went 6 days between watering last time. I waited til the bottom soil was close to dry.

they look good but at 51 days the soil has likely run out of nutrients...it really depends on the soil. It's kind of a crap shoot with live soil because it can go either way. Adding the right kind of nutrients can make the buds fatter so you may want to think about adding some at recommended doses and see what happens.

Waiting for them to almost completely dry out is a bad thing. Moisture helps the roots absorb the nutrients in the soil. Just make sure your temps and humidity are in check and water when the soil is dry up to the first 2 inches of topsoil.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• ponzi314
      ponzi314 commented
      Editing a comment
      I followed the guide on this website to the Tee for the live soil mix

I will not put meter as far down for now on then. It just feels like the water flows right through the coco loco mix and down to the actual soil.

Maybe someone on here with Experience with Live soil can point me to some safe feeding techniques. My post on reddit, people are sayign to add Calmag but then someone followed up saying not to do that as it could kill the living soil. Im trying to capture as much info as i can i just dont want to make mistakes based on other peoples suggestions

Things like ground Gypsum and Epsom salt can add Calcium and Magnesium organically.

I personally will make a tea with these two.
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 11-14-2022, 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

From what I can see in the photo your plants have good color and look healthy. Clearly they are getting the nutrients they need at this point. Top dressing with a good quality compost and watering with a molasses tea is a good way to ensure the microbial life stay viable and maintain a balanced PH. If your soil drains well there isn't much chance of overwatering and because you're not using synthetic nutrients you can always recycle any runoff back to your plants.

Comment

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the emotional boost. Its nice to hear they are looking good. Ive seen alot of failures on the internet and im trying not to be a part of that for my first indoor grow

Seems I need to make a tea for these! Is there a good resource on this site? Ill hitup Youtube if not, never made a tea for plants

Comment

Whatever you do...Do not close the jug that your tea is steeping in. It is essentially fermenting, so it needs to release gas. I have made this mistake before, and came back 24hrs later to a seriously swollen jug of tea, lol
      Back to playin in the dirt!
      Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
      I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Are you using the Nature's living soil, making your own, or using fox farm? Using Fox farm you will definitely need to add nutrients after about 4 weeks or so. Regardless of the type of soil, the PH of the water is still a factor because the roots cannot absorb the nutrients if the PH of the water is out of whack
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea i used Natures Living soil and mixed bottom 1/3rd with Coco Loco. Then i filled rest of pot with Coco Loco. I followed the guide (https://www.growweedeasy.com/review-...owing-cannabis) on this website. Says i should be good til harvest but Im still thinking about the Tea

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X