Reduce High Humidity without dehumidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Reduce High Humidity without dehumidifier

Im growing 2 AUTO plants in flowering. My tent is reading 70% RH. Is there a way to lower the Humidity without a dehumidifier? I was reading i can defoliate but apparently thats not a great thing to do with AUTOS in flowering.

Raising the heat will tend to lower humidity.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Also keep that air moving no stagnant areas!

Comment

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right now i have a dyson fan on and rotating all day. I also have the exhaust running at 8/10 speed until humidity drops below 55%

Use this as well Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221107-092738_Chrome.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	580110 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221107-092738_Chrome.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	580111

Comment

Temp and humidity work together. As the temp rises there is more room between air molecules to hold water. So if no water is inputted then the humidity drops. The opposite happens when the air cools down. Water also is the best heat absorbing chemical on the planet. So the higher the humidity the more heat it can absorb.

That being said I have both tents at 70% and 75F. And am adding humidity with some ultrasonic misters.

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          You keep them at 70%?? i was reading somewhere that its suggested below 55% in flowering stage. Im assuming if i keep the air flowing the way i am, it wont be as big of a deal

• 3Berries
          3Berries commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually keep it lower witht he VPD around 1.10 but am seeing if the higher humidity helps with the light stress.

Increase the exhausting (beef up the exhaust fan or open the tent a little) and make sure you have a fan going. Yes, if the temp is too high then so will the humidity. 70% is too high for flower and in fact most growth stages, save clones. Overwatering contributes to high humidity as well so be sure to make sure you are checking the soil before each watering, assuming that's what you are using.

Ideally your humidity should be around 40-50% for flower....our forum/website host Nebula will back that up in spades...
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          I suppose i should have mentioned i watered yesterday. I allowed 4 days between watering this time. I prob put 1/2 gal in each pot(i have 2) I bought a soil meter so i will wait for the bottom soil to get dry before watering again. It seems my top soil gets dry fast but the bottom is staying moist

Is there a reason you don't want to get a dehumidifier? The only way to actually decrease the amount of water vapor in the air is to use a dehumidifier. Changing the temp changes the relative humidity, but the same amount of moisture is still in the air and that's what matters. Temp/rh suggestions are based on the amount of water vapor in the air. For example, at 62 degrees and 50% RH, there is about 40 grains of water vapor per pound of air. That's the same amount of water vapor if the temp was 68 and the RH was 40%. So you can change the relative humidity by changing the temps but the amount of water in the air is the same and that's what matters when it comes to mold, pests, etc. (For the moment, we're disregarding VPD charts and looking at psychrometric charts)

Keep the dehumidifier outside of the tent (otherwise the dehumidifier itself will raise the temp inside significantly) and monitor.

If you can't get a dehumidifier at this point, you can only do what others mentioned - lots of exhausting and making sure that air is moving and hope for the best!
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im trying no to sink anymore $$ into this. Its my first grow so was hoping to just get it going without added costs. I currently have the exhaust on full blast and i have a fan in there moving all the air around. Im also hoping humidity is high right now because i watered yesterday and its been pretty humid outside recently. Today is the last day for High temps(North East). Ill have to monitor tomorrow and see if it drops.

• AGH
          AGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough, totally understand and I appreciate your determination and desire to find a way to make it work! I will say that there are certain things that will make your job as a grower much easier and far more likely to result in a successful grow. Finding ways to manage the environment (temps, humidity, lighting, ventilation, circulation, and watering habits) is critical and will help prevent 95% of problems for you.

Keep up the learning, keep us posted, and let us know if you have any questions throughout your grow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X