Lactobacillus for coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lactobacillus for coco

Read myself a little article about these folks in my local rag. Thought I would look them up.

I'm wondering of this lactobacillus stuff will work in coco/perlite. Is anyone else wondering the same thing? Has someone else wondered the same thing and found an answer? Maybe share?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

It's a good question. Lactobacillus is known for breaking down organic matter into easily absorbed nutrients for plants. Coco is definitely organic but from what I've read has little nutrient value to be broken down. if you're going to be doing bottled nutrients then I would think lactic enzymes would be unnecessary. You're not a fan of organics?

Comment

I'm all for organics. CB. My issue is with space. My personal outside is about 25sf. Not enough for anything but small scale endeavors.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I was recently gifted some auto seeds. It'll be my first attempt with an auto flower strain and my plan is to grow them indoors, no tent, under lights, in living soil. I did this same thing last winter with a photo volunteer that popped up in a unused container and it turned out better than I could have hoped. I have a number of decretive plants throughout my house in living soil and have never had pest issues. I've read that living soil can be a natural defense against many harmful insects, fungi, and molds. Guess I'm about to find out how true that is.

I bring this up after reading an article about a company that makes LB products. One thing they say their plant formula can be used for is WPM control.
      Another product they have is to kill the smell of farm quantities of poo. Not that I mind the smell of barnyards and compost; what does your soil smell like?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Only poo here comes from my worms and the only way I can describe the bouquet is ..... well, earthy. I've been known to use bat shit but no discernible aroma there.

I wonder, maybe, mixing a little some sort of soil with the coco? I don't want to go the poo route because my tent is as fixed in my apartment as my couch. Dabber farts are enough.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely. You can pick up a bag of organic compost for dirt cheap (Bad Pun) at just about anywhere. Compost shouldn't have any poo in it. Should smell like a forest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X