Partial Harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Harvest?

I want to save a bunch of seeds for next year but I also want some good smoke for this year. Should I cut some branches now and leave the others to ripen the seeds? I’m having trouble determining if the Trichomes are clear or milky. Please advise. Click image for larger version

Name:	FBDAB0F4-98EA-4CE9-96F3-002DC2B8CA9E.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	578780

If this is a current picture of the pant that you want to harvest from...don't. That flower is a ways from mature.
    But yes, partial harvests are completely doable. I've been known to take the mature tops, then let the lower buds get more light and mature or another week or two.
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 10-16-2022, 12:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

They have a pollen guard mesh/screen you could wrap a couple of colas with.

Comment

Hold on a second. Why are you worried about trichomes on your plant? You have several weeks to go. Someone might see that to be Sativa and give you a better estimate on when you should start considering the trichomes. What is your strain? How old are they? Are they auto, fem, or photo? Looks like an outside grow?
        If you want seed and smoke, and are wondering about cutting branches, you are cutting seed and smoke. You can smoke seeded bud just fine.
        You didn't mention anything about having a male plant or pollen. Can't rightly get seeds without either. Someone did mention 'immaculate conception' in another post.
        I'm going to be frank. Not Frank. Frank. You have a lot of research to do on pollination. In the mean time, work on growing some healthy females.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Thank you for stating the confusion Gingerbeard.
          Wondering if he'll come back to answer...

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            It's my special purpose.

Hold on another second!
          I took a look back at your previous thread classtime. You were told you have a pollenated female. So, we may have to backtrack.
          What I see is an un-pollenated female. These days, it can be hard to tell and get you in big trouble if you're wrong. But I digress.
          What does anyone else see?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Closer inspection.
            I see what may be seeds in your picture. Tucked in with a single brown hair.
            I often get those on plants but they have never produced seeds. But, I'm in a tent.
            I'm stoned, y'all. I know what I'm trying to say. Dabber understands.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

I see ^this

Comment

Some pice of your plant would be grand. Are you able to do that. Best of Luck
                1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
                1 sf2000 @200 watts
                2 philzon @230 watts
                2x4x5 tent
                3x6x8 closet
                Fox Farm ocean forest
                Black gold for seedling
                3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
                RH 40-60
                Temp 70-80
                Feeding with FF trio with molasses
                calmag and a little flower fuel
                Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C49108CC-430A-4C69-9713-BFE93B759EC1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	578838Click image for larger version

Name:	54039B48-A69B-4CCE-B673-ED5317D5757A.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	578837Thanks for the replies all.
                  I started germinating the seeds during the second week of May. Columbian Gold—a Sativa from wayback. 3 plants thrived. One was a mutant that grew crooked with curly leaves, never flowered and ended up in the compost bin. I was lucky to get one male and one female since I wanted some seeds for more of this heirloom variety. My yard was not big enough to keep the male from pollinating the female. My intension was to pollinate part of the plant but I think the whole thing is. I took the male down two weeks ago in hopes that maybe a few flowers will be seedless. The seeds are still soft. Is the optimal harvest time for smoke earlier than the optimal for seeds? I think I have a earlier picture of flowers with seeds, the male, and my female as of yesterday.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	E01C86D3-852F-4F02-A815-55565B7DA37A.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	578836

Comment

Let her grow til she's ripe, showing a few amber trichs. Then harvest, trim, dry, jar up and burp for a month or so. Bust up buds as per usual roll a couple of doobies and and you'll find a bucket of seeds inna bottom of your tray

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X