Curing Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing Humidity

Any suggestions on how to raise humidity in jars while curing? I got the humidity packs but they aren't working at all. Tried moving everywhere but nowhere seems to get above 50%. Thanks!!

How long have packs been in there? I read it can take up to 2 weeks

edit:
    also did you get the 2 way humidity packs?

Comment

A green leaf in the jar can raise humidity significantly. Just make sure you burp regularly to gas off the carbon dioxide inside the jar and avoid mold growth. I try and keep my jars at 60% and a fresh leaf seems to do the trick. Some folks I know use green stems but I don't like fishing them out when they've dried up. Another method I have used in the days before humidity packs was a marble sized pumice stone soaked in water overnight, wrap it in tissue, and then place it in your jar. .

Comment

^
        This is a good solution.
        I actually started just putting a long fresh stem down the middle of the jar. It works the same, but easier to retrieve. It also makes a good stirring stick, lol.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

If you have fresh humidity packs of the correct size for your jar, and the jar is filled to the appropriate level, you shouldn’t even have to worry about the humidity. That’s the beauty of those packs, just pop them in, burp daily for a couple weeks, keep cool and dark and you don’t have to worry about anything else.

Comment

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            A follow up: you can trust the accuracy of a name brand humidity pack more than you can trust most hygrometers (humidity sensors). Most hygrometers are notoriously inaccurate. So, if you think that your humidity packs “aren’t working”, it’s probably your hygrometer, not the humidity pack.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X