How long till harvest do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till harvest do you think?

I got a new toy like tool the other day. It's a Takmly digital microscope. Less than $45. It is both inexpensive and cheap, but boy howdy it can actually take fairly clear pictures. Made in China, of course.

The question is do you believe these trichromes are fully ripe? I tend to believe there are too many clear trichromes relative to the cloudy ones. What do you think? Any guesses about how long it might have to go?
    Attached Files

13 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes. Give or take.
    Check out the GWE website and do a search for 'Harvest.' Lots of good stuff. Pictures, too!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard, as it turns out, I spent part of the day here, https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest, and indeed there are some excellent photos along with superior narrative descriptions and directions which address my question exactly! Thank you, mate!

Some say give a little, some say take a little. I think I'll just hit that bong again. That seems like the responsible thing to do.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. The first and last part of any consideration involves weed.
      Harvest is a personal thing. Do you harvest sativa with the same amber percentage as you do indica? You can always trim and dry a bud every few days until you decide to do the whole plant. Keep track of how they looked, and how they smoked. That might give you an idea.

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say based on my inexperience they are not ready. However far it be for me to comment on Gingerbeard, I think he is at least 45 minutes premature with his prediction,

Does you digital microscope hold the pictures for upload, or must it be operating through a smart phone? I do like your plants.

Comment

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      This one must be connected to some type of device to see or access the picture. It has no internal screen or memory. Other brands/models may differ. (I sound like a fucking commercial to myself.) I haven't been able to get the microscope to connect to my iPhone, but it works fine with the iPad and Mac desktop. Honestly, I don't know how useful the microscope would be if I were holding it in my hand, even if my body was leaning solidly against something fully steady. Because the magnification is so great, the tool needs be fully steady to get a clear shot (or even a good look) at whatever the target may be. MY hand is way too shaky, and I'm not all that shaky. For an old fart, I'm pretty steady. I have only successfully taken a picture when the item was on, for example, my computer desk's top surface and the microscope was attached to the absolutely worthless fucking stand that came with it. By clamping the stand's base to the desk, the microscope didn't take a header waiting to be used. Oh fucking joy.

Thank you for the kind comment about my plants. They are definitely doing better than my plants did last year, and if I have learned anything else this year (and I hope I have learned at least one other thing! HA!), it's that I have WAY too many plants! Nobody gets full direct sun until afternoon, but everybody gets partial direct sun in the morning. With only 6 - 8 plants, they could all get full sun all day. Of course, nothing else will change, I will still have to move them multiple times daily, but I think making that change, I will come away with a more successful grow (whatever that means).

I don't see any clear Trichomes. I also see some are starting to turn amber. Me personally, I would harvest next week.

Comment

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, kingfish, for your comment. I may do just that.

For me, it would depend on indica or sativa. enjoy some amber in the sativas, but with indicas that can really end up quite sleepy. I used to think it was bull, but having tried enough, I am now a believer of the differences. mostly cloudy now - if indica it would be chopped in my house soon if not now. fun times.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I too, see few to no clear, some amber, and almost all milky trichomes. If what I've read rings true, the thc would be at it's highest point. What are the stigmas doing? Don't forget to check flowers at both top and bottom.
      Do you have a good picture of the whole plant?
      Back to playin in the dirt!
      Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
      I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Blowdout2269, I'm not sure what qualifies as a "good" picture, but here's one I took a week or so ago. It's the plant in the foreground. It's Bay Dream, btw, germinated March 9.
        Attached Files

Comment

Not familiar with Bay Dream at all. Being just over six months old, I'd be suspicious. My internet search says that it's known for long flower times of nine to ten weeks. But who knows how much we can trust that information.
          When did she start to flower?
          Maybe that can help with ur dilemma.
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X