Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP -- Nervous 1st-time grower ((is my plant ready to harvest?))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! HELP -- Nervous 1st-time grower ((is my plant ready to harvest?))

HELP please .... ((First-time grower with perhaps the saddest cannabis plant y'all have ever seen.)) i used a magnifying glass to look at my buds this morning. but am still not sure if my plant is ready for harvesting. 🤷🏻🤦🏻
    one by one, the leaves are turning yellow. in hindsight, i now know this planter-pot is WAAAAYY too small. i considered transplanting it into a bigger pot, or into the ground -- but was afraid the shock would kill the plant.
    should i harvest now? or wait? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Ok, sad plant yes. Sorry!
    But a learning experience none the less, right?

In my opinion you are still several weeks from harvest.

Some more info regarding the grow would also be helpful for everyone here. Let's see what they have to say.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Hi 9ToadWonder, here are two photos from the latest GWE newsletter, which by the way, is specifically about harvesting outdoor grows. How timely, eh?! You may want to sign up!

The first picture is a flower not ready for harvest/prime time (HA!). Note in that first pic how the pistils are all white and standing upright. These look quite similar to your photos. Now note in the second photo how the pistils have curled and turned brown. Not something we want to see in leaves, but it's exactly what we want to see in our flowers. This flower is in it's prime time and ready for harvest!

For me, as a second year and outdoor grower, I would get rid of those completely yellow leaves. I trim yellowing leaves when they're 50% or more yellow. It's a judgement call. I'd be interested in hearing from other more experienced outdoor growers about what their trigger line is for trimming yellowing leaves.

Edit - I can't get either of those two photos to appear fully when I click on them. Just a little bit of the photo's top edge appears at the very bottom of the page. None of the picture itself is visible.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KLAX; 09-11-2022, 11:45 AM. Reason: Read "Edit" paragraph above.

Comment

It is my understanding that the leaves yellow when flowering begins as the plant focuses energy into the buds. Stankybud​ is giving some good advice, I would feed it something tuned to budding or flowering stage. Your plant won't look so sad when the colas are supported by sticks.
        Last edited by Satyaban; 09-11-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

You probably have another month to go

Comment

When you were looking at your colas did the pistils turn reddish or brown and are they curling into the buds. When they do that start looking at trichomes on buds not sugar leaves. And definitly needs feeding. more info maybe needed.
            1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
            1 sf2000 @200 watts
            2 philzon @230 watts
            2x4x5 tent
            3x6x8 closet
            Fox Farm ocean forest
            Black gold for seedling
            3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
            RH 40-60
            Temp 70-80
            Feeding with FF trio with molasses
            calmag and a little flower fuel
            Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

That's how my 1 plant looks that i did'nt feed nor do much to other than water it. It was a extra clone so i just stuck it in the dirt in my flower bed. It looks a bit greener but same size of buds. Give it some food.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X