Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - Eggs - Anyone know What they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Eggs - Anyone know What they are?

Hi. i was out doing my daily (now) check for bud rot, and came across two types of intruders on my Green Point Fast. see the photos. There were two leaves with a huge number of eggs, and a couple of leaves with some other sort of growth that almost looks like tiny blooms. I am 1 to 2 weeks from harvest, or sooner if bud rot gets bad here in the foggy Nova Scotia fall. I will be researching on line later today, but thought some of you folks might point me in the right direction for one or both in the meantime. Have removes all leaves with either of the offending stuff. i should note that thi morning I found 5 leafhoppers of different colours on her, all of which were sprayed with soap solution. lots of them. larger patch was almost an inch long.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Shit. just before leaving for the day's errands, i saw a couple of leaves that looked familiar. quick mocroscope photo shows a spider mite. on top of the other 2 things. I find outdoor grows annoying. Arent spider mites for dry hot times? now what to do? wait a bit and hope they advance slowly till harvest? maybe spraying with dish detergent, then fluff leaves with diatomaceou earth. 2 weeks max till harvest- how fast do they advance? now I gotta be real careful coming back into house too so they dont get inside. F.....K. I am almost out of GP, and I really like it.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Hey bud first year growing so I’m pretty useless here but I’m doing an outdoor grow and have been using mammoth canncontrol and it works wonders. I have 5 plants all 5-6 feet tall and I spray every couple days and I only find a few little leafhoppers towards the time I have to spray again.

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi. thanks. i am too far along to put anything on her right now, but that is something I will go for to be ready next year.

So. I tried dish detergent soap sprayed on one Spider Mite and he was fine afterwards so that is useless. the only thing i can find on GWE is "mealy bugs". the leaves were microwaved and are gone so hopefully its done. Diatomaceous earth is about to be brushed around and on the plant. will see if she makes it all the way. just have some pistils changing colour now.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        About microwaving bugs. It doesn't work as well as you think. Google the ant in the microwave.

The clusters of eggs are surely moth or butterfly eggs, That other stuff, I've never seen before.

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        interesting, and would explain seeing the yellow moth around the girl today. Thanks

Might want to look at stink bug eggs. Just a guess.

Comment

Smash smash smash!
        ISO (rubbing alcohol) mixed with water, 1 part ISO to 8 parts water. Spray the underside first then the top and soak it. spray the surrounding area. This is a contact killer it does not kill eggs, it evaporates completely, must be redone every 3 days for at least 3 treatments. Then watch for the return.
        That moth = bud worms.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ya, turn the lights off.

• Satyaban
          Satyaban commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the alcohol got the bugs drunk, so they would fight and kill each other. If you spray with Wild Turkey and then just spread a little sand, they will stone each other in drunken rages.

Man those are scaring me looking at them. Fellas i been checking my outdoor plants many times a day and have found some itty bitty catipillars been squishing them. Only found them on 1 side of 1 plant so far been spraying just at sunrise here. I've never seen the eggs like that though damn
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

An online resource devoted to North American insects, spiders and their kin, offering identification, images, and information.
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            The main site has a similar pic for stink bugs in the plant problems, bugs visible section. I had them last year pretty bad.

• KLAX
            KLAX commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the link! A very cool site that I'm sure I'll be using and exploring.

• Bootsy
            Bootsy commented
            Editing a comment
            that's em for sure. really gross eggs. what an awesome reference site! gotta figure out how to navigate but super neat. thanks

In case it helps anyone, many from a local group here (Nova Scotia, Canada) indicates that moths with boring beetles were a real issue this summer, and these eggs are identical. Easy to catch early and dispose, but if you miss em apparently can be tough on the plants. i was lucky.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X