X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got eat-up with but rot ..

Good morning -

New to the group and to the indoor/grow tent experience

Had a couple plants growing outdoors that were covered up in new flower growth and left the plants
    out in the rain and humidity. Buds got mold. Moved one into the newly purchased grow tent after doing
    my best to remove damaged/moldy buds and figured I'd put the plant on a 12/12 light schedule to speed
    up the flowering stage.

It survived about three weeks and then died, My question is ... should I disinfect the grow tent somehow
    to kill any mold spores that may be in the tent and on the lights. Spider Farmer SF 2000 used.

Left the second plant outdoors after thinning out the moldy buds and it's kinda' hanging on. Was planning
    on putting a new plant in the tent, but concerned about the possibility of contaminating it with the mold
    spores possibility left in the tent.

Suggestions?

Thanks - Fred

But rots pretty bad broke rule Home never bring outdoor plants inside your tent because of this an bugs. Anyhoo...........yes wipe down walls ceiling and floors
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I use this for sanitizing the tent and equipment:

Make sure you don't look at the light or breath the ozone it produces. Then wipe down tent with iso-propyl alcohol, let dry, then repeat the light treatment.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Napalm. Easy to make. Great fun at parties.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

"Napalm" Saw enough of that in the A Sâu Valley back in the late '60's.

Such fun!

Comment

I clean the interior and all of the surfaces that are inside my tent after each grow. You can use almost any strong cleaner including alcohol wipes. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured weed.

I had bud rot recently - it sucks. You think living in the desert would mean low enough humidity to avoid it, but the monsoon season has been crazy this year. Luckily, I was able to salvage most of the crop.

As far as cleaning afterwards goes I agree with the others - you can do a standard or deep clean. I suspect no matter how much you clean some spores are going to hang around so the best solution is to permanently lower the humidity. Of course, that is easier said than done - personally I've tried vigorous anti-rain dancing, but no luck so far...

Comment

Thanks for all the help! Have the Germicidal UV Sanitizer Light on order.
              Thought about using Lysol spray disinfectant on the inside of the tent also.

Pair of new girls recently started ... they will not see the outdoors.

- Fred

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X