No announcement yet.

Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had 15 years practice saying nutty things long before I was here on GWE. Even moderating 600+ on moderated chat Id mess up, like pasting to the wrong channel. Everyone here is extremely helpful and friendly. Unlike other places where your lucky to get a reply within days, so many within minutes jump in to help. @NebulaHaze put an awesome site together and just about lives here. Haven't seen dedication like this in a long time. Gotten so used to mods showing up once a month if your lucky, I'm taking advantage of this awesome place while I still can. I wish I had found this place first before shelling out over $100 in books that take up 400 pages average and then found better here in a much more easy to read and follow guides. I still don't know how she manages to run such a high (No pun intended) traffic site with no donations. Heck, Id of at least given her a few of my plants to show gratitude had she lived nearby. I have only been here for about two months yet it feels like I have known everyone for years!

Comment

Lord-Xanthor i remember once before you (prolly you) or someone else bringing up the possibility of donation. i for one would donate the shit out of GWE if given the opportunity.
      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        That was me who started that post. =) I wonder if NebulaHaze had planned putting this site up two months before election day. Was perfect timing for me. Moment recreational became legal here I told my doctor I was going to do this and if not get off, at least cut down drastically on the morphine I been forced to take for years. I did not expect him to agree and give me a recommendation for a medical card. Did this website just start last September or was it run under another program prior? From all the guides I have read, the experience tells me this has to have been around least 10 years.

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        The website itself (GrowWeedEasy.com) has been around since 2010, but the forum just opened up in September last year

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, I was off by 3 years =) I'm just glad this place exists. I lost count how many times Id have to look up something here to save my plants. Not to mention how extremely accurate everything is.

let's somehow figure out a way to make it happen...paypal? gofundme? indiegogo?

i don't know enough to know but you seem like you might....
      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Originally posted by bobsakamoto View Post
        let's somehow figure out a way to make it happen...paypal? gofundme? indiegogo?

i don't know enough to know but you seem like you might....
        I would do something like PayPal. Though first Id check to see where server is based out of to make sure there was no laws being broken. The one big plus, is nothing is sold off the website, like seeds, plants, so being informative is what the website is. Would most likely fall under non profit. I'll look further into it.

Comment

I think they would love to receive donations but due to potential legal complications its safer not to have any money sent in.

People that grow and sell 'illegal' crops could donate money and then GWE would be in possession of unlawfully obtained 'dirty' money which could then come back and bite Nebula & Sirius in the ass.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, it can be twisted in many bad ways if anyone in power decided to do so.

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm beginning to see why it's so hard to find ways to get donations, let alone taking the wrong risks. OzBud is correct in the above statement. Even if NH had no part in it and just one user took funds in to give to her website, it just take once source to be bad, and next thing you know you get your door kicked in for money laundering. I had to put my own private server down a few years back which I used to make personal logins so friends and family could easily log into my own game server emulators or just store photos for my EBay auctions when I discovered not only was my art getting used by others without asking me by just linking to them, but also someone managed to get through a security hole and was storing their own and linking as well which not only put a heavy strain on my server, it was burning up a lot of bandwidth where I was getting overage charges and the fact I get a 500GB cap a month, that's a lot of data. I plan redoing that server one day, but until I get all my other issues fixed, I'm keeping it down.

You all are so wonderful! We really appreciate all the support! We made the site because we want to see more weed in the world for everyone! There's no need to spend money - If you want to help out the best thing you can do is spread the knowledge!

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            She would have my vote. Though she might want to run our country from another building. I don't think there is enough disinfectant in the universe to get rid of the stench and diseases most likely growing in the oval office at the moment lol.

• bobsakamoto
            bobsakamoto commented
            Editing a comment
            all the hydroguard in the world and godspeed

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Nebula would throw some grow lights in the oval office and set up a bunch of plants; the oxygen and the terpenes would clean out all the bad vibes and hair spray real fast!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X