I REMEMBER THE 70S CUZ I WAS THEREsw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REMEMBER THE 70S CUZ I WAS THEREsw

This topic seems required, because some folks are skeptical about who was there or who can remember them. So let's all of us old hippies, curmudgeons, and farts provide incontrovertible proof that we were there. I'll go first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	45s.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	571496Click image for larger version  Name:	park schl.JPG Views:	0 Size:	5.51 MB ID:	571497Click image for larger version  Name:	stelring lizard.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	571498

In the first picture, you see what are called 45 records. We used to play them on record players. They are from the 60s, which, since I'm writing this now, demonstrates conclusively that I was there for the 70s.

The second picture is when I was a senior in high school. I'm the female screaming for more drugs. That was 1970. Since I grow my own, I don't scream anymore.

The third picture is a sterling lizard I got in Guadalajara, Mexico, in 1977. I WAS THERE.
    Last edited by alltatup; 07-25-2022, 06:11 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

First concert I went to was Sly and the Family Stone and they actually showed up!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw Lovin Spoonful, Mothers of Invention, Traffic, Cat Stevens, Jethro Tull, James Taylor, Poco (countless times in the Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City)

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw my first surround sound concert in Toronto in the early 70's, the band was Pink Floyd.

saw the turtles at a civic center concert, saw Aerosmith at a club in Boston before they made it big
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      When I saw the Mothers of Invention, the singer from the Turtles had joined the band. So happy together...

Elvis live. Am I old enough?
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      WHOA!!! That's REEEEEEALLY old!!!!!

I was only 12.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You were 12 throughout the 70s? Wow, you must have taken a LOT of drugs.

I was born in 76’ but I remember having to get up to change the channel or the volume. If you changed the channel you then had to ‘tune’ the tv in to get the best fuzzy picture possible. Great times 😂

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You young whippersnapper. But you do have a good memory!!

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      In 76 I was a proud to be a bicentennial graduate, happy to be one of the few who for 6 months didn’t have to register for the draft and we were all laughing each morning as we walked into school wondering how big the pot plant in the entry way of the high school would get before the janitor noticed. 🙂

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Young and carefree lol

I was catching the matinee cabaret in Deep Ellum back in 29' when Black Friday hit. Josephine Baker, it was. The incandescent light show was amazing. Goddamn technology is crazy! There was a two drum set getting pounded on, keeping tune for the upright. It was like they were coming out of the same megaphone! Spoke to my soul, it did.
    Hooked up with the drummer and piano dude and smoked a bunch of weed in the dressing room. 1920's jazz weed, man. Better than bathtub gin to get rid of the blues.
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      If we can convince a few more people, we can be a cult!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You could be the unofficial god of GWE... small g, of course, a minor god, like a prankster, or a younger brother god...

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Like a sidekick god? Can I be an apostatic god? At least secular, please.

I was ten when this miracle hit the market

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember those contraptions!!! The days before plastic took over the planet were good days...

My friend's TV had a remote control that went sployng when you pressed one of the three buttons on it and the TV understood the slightly different sployngs it heard and changed channels up or down or turned the TV on or off depending on the button you pressed. I paid 19 cents a gallon for the first gasoline I ever bought.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember buying cigarettes for 50 cents out of the machine.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was my family's remote control until we got a real one. I was never allowed to use it.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard I think we all here were human remote controls at one point. I remember when we got cable TV, WGN Chicago, Blackhawks. My brother had a friend over for their first color televised game, it was the bloodiest one I've ever seen. alltatup 50 cents was the 'night club' machine price, bars were 35c here. Gas station: a dollar got you two gallons of gas and a pack of cigs.

I drove a Big Wheel back in those days.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Like a tractor big wheel? So you were always an Underground Farmer even when you were a little tyke?? It was your destiny.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a standard red bleached to red-orange one. The analogy still works though!

Lower Wacker Dr in Chicago the 70s with the Green Lights and a '96 Camaro 396 4 sp........

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      Rockauto dot com!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell rockauto cant even do my 81 jeep.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, first I picture Lower Wacker and then a '96 Camaro in the 70's, I needed that laugh, sorry. Working in a grocery store in HS I bought a used 70/71 Camaro.

Then the 80's came along and had to fuck things up. Just like the 70's did to the 60's. Here we are, generations later, still fucking things up, because the next decaded generation is always the golden opus of humanity!
    Before you know it, we'll have a low-class gentrification happening where people are no longer numbers but valued data information packets identified through facial recognition.
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GB, No discussion of the fucking 80s is allowed on this topic.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Take a break, chicky. I only mentioned the fucking 80's. I did not discuss the fucking 80's. Had I mentioned K-Cars, parachute pants, Madonna, or Michael Jackson, I would have been discussing the fucking 80's.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope my device charges soon, something just killed a premium buzz. MTV.

I remember the young ladies my age killing themselves with coat hangers.
    And 4 finger lids for a dime, then came scales and 1 once lids.
    I remember my supplier telling me the size of the LB is going down because it is a kilo (they just got scales), so we are cutting it in half.
    Fast cars with big fat tires that used a tank of gas to go around the block.
    Gas wars, I used to get gas for 10 cents a gallon.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You remember some depressing stuff...

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Real scales, or the alligator clip baggie hangers? Those were a PITA. I could guess better by feel. Up north here in IL my first lid was $12.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Though many used those "postal scales" (I did too for a short time) I had triple beams, and the bags were 1.25 Oz.

Gingerbeard The definition of "mention" = "to bring up a topic for discussion, to see what interest can be garnered through a vague or casual reference to open a discussion" (emphasis added). You think you can play word games with me, but you will be hoist by your own petard. Beware, my choler-prone friend...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard 1. Don't worry about me and monkey pox. 3. As a tattoo jewess, I have made it a lifelong habit, so to speak, to stay far, far away from nunneries. I'd rather be burned at the stake.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      You missed 2. Comes after 1. and before 3. if 1. is used first.
      For a Wm. S. quoter, that's all you have to say about my nunnery comment?
      Yeah. Put down your Cliff's notes and word or quote-of-the-day calendars. Be yourself. You might like what you find.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard Yes, that's all I have to say. Come up with a better W.S. quote.
      I never read Cliff notes in my life: I always went straight to the source. Cliff notes are for folks who don't read.
      And I'm always myself: who else can I be? Cease and desist with these platitudes that sound like Hallmark greeting cards. I expect better of you.

Okay. It's alltatup 's day to bash on Gingerbeard.
    I mentioned three decades and alluded to several others, talking specifically about none. I also mentioned 'people are no longer numbers but valued data information packets identified through facial recognition.' but did not elaborate. You are picking a war of words.
    This time, go with the Indica.
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Girlfriend, I was born in 1970. Raised on earth-tone polyester, Shake-n-Bake, and Welcome Back Kotter.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Polyester: THAT explains it. You wore polyester, your body was encased in petroleum distillates, you listened to bad rock n roll, you ate boxed food. They should have taken you away from your parents for doing all that to you.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh... let's leave parents out of it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X