the cure (not the band)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cure (not the band)

So how long SHOULD a cure be for? I am currently curing Blue Dream in 6 medium sized mason jars. It's been going on for 10 days. Ive been doing everything correctly but just about NO aroma.
    Could this be due to the grow itself? Through late stages of flower and all the way to harvest I wasn't receiving ANY aroma. Possibly human error with grow (quite possible) I don't know.

Even with out any aroma developing during cure I'm hoping its still smokeable!

Hey demcc3, in my experience it can take up to 14 days curing in jars before the flower is going to smell "right". Before that it goes through a bunch of different smells, mostly hay/grassy. It takes a bit for the strain's true aroma to appear! That being said I give a min of 2 weeks in the jars - and they will continue to cure and reach full potential after a month or two.

Comment

If harvested properly, it'll never smell like hay. It smells like bud on the plant through cure. Harvesting early or drying too fast can cause hay smell.

Comment

The grassy or hay smell is simply from the chlorophyll gassing off as your bud dries. The primary reason for burping the jars is to dissipate the trapped chlorophyll. Over the span of a few weeks the grass smell will begin to be replaced with terpene oils and develop that funky skunky aroma we're all so fond of. Curing can make or break the quality of bud in the end, so it's worth putting effort into it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Love this comment explained it well crucialbunny. To me cure is the most importaint step

Curing: it takes months...https://www.growweedeasy.com/drying-curing
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X