No announcement yet.

You know what i love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkin Pie. It fits into my low carb diet. Nearly a meal in itself when topped with whipped cream.

1 pie crust.
    1 can 15 oz 100% pumpkin
    3 L eggs
    1/3 cup coconut flour
    1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
    1 can evaporated milk
    1/4 cup Stevia artificial sweetener
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp nutmeg

Coat pie pan generously with butter. Lay in pie crust. Dust with more cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger

Cook 450F for 15 minutes and then 350F for 50 minutes. Your oven may vary.

This is a modified WalMart pumpkin pie recipe. I've added blueberries before. That was interesting. I also add a couple table spoons of Fireball Tequila, got to use it up somehow and the fireball is like hot cinnamon, seems to settle in the crust.

WooHoo Illinois is the #1 pumpkin grower!

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      Stevia is derived from natural ingredients. I can't stand saccharin or aspartame. They don't work good in baking anyway. But I don't use the Stevia at full recommended levels because of the after taste.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, the taste too. Blech, it lasts and lasts and lasts.

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      The ordinal recipe calls for a cup of sugar.

Please someone explain keto to me. My mom's all about it.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      The human has evolved to use either sugar or fat for energy. It all gets converted to sugar when used though. But the fat is much easier to store.

But if you go keto then your body uses fat as it's energy from food, not carbs or complex sugars. Basically you limit carbs to a 10th of normal to kick start it. Around 30 grams a day! Very hard to do. I stayed low for about three weeks. Lost 10 lbs a week. Now I'm around 100-130 gr carbs a day.

But you will find that you can eat all the fatty protein you want, fiber is good too as it will off set carb grams 1:1 but takes a while and the carbs will hit first.

Salt will not be an issue.

Going2fast Excellent summary, 3Berries Yeah, basically keto eliminates all starchy carbs from food choices, as well as all processed/preserved/packaged/enveloped in plastic food, and sugar of course. So berries are ok, but other fruits are too high in sugar content. And like 3Berries says, the body starts to burn fat cuz there are no carb supplies.

I have been doing around 30 grams of carb a day for over two years and I have never felt better in my life. I bake cakes and brownies with almond flour, I make whole cream ice cream, I use tons of butter to cook/bake with, I eat a lot of eggs and chicken and veggies, avoiding corn, rice, potato (the starchy veggies). I learned that the healthy fats keep you feeling nourished and full, while sugar is a monkey on one's back screaming for more more more. With a rebel yell.

One of my former students who's a pulmonologist in Austin, TX told me that studies demonstrated that a keto diet created more emotional stability in bipolar and schizophrenic people, and I totally believe it: nothing will make you crazier than sugar. Well, speed maybe. I feel better now than I did 10 years ago. Pretty fkn cool in my book. It has given me tons of energy and eliminated so many aches and pains, inflammation. My mind is sharper, stronger.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a suspect gallbladder and pancreas issues from a one-in-a-million rare disease, fats are very iffy. I make homemade mango sorbet while Jonesing for real ice cream. Otherwise keto would be good for me, sucks.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover1 I can't live without erythritol as my sweetener of choice: it makes everything easier.

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      What I do when looking at processed foods is the carb percent per serving. I limit to 4% and usually 3% or under.

WalMart dark chocolate chips is a great food.

Opposable thumbs. Can't roll a joint without em.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL good 1 PRIMO hey 3Berries to me smoking a homegrown fresh bud joint a big fatty makes me so happy and i love the stink.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're Jonesing and innovative a device can roll one with one good hand, trust me. I have a paper with oil on it from my concentrate device, and a bud of Mag Landrace ready to roll one soon. It's so miserable here today I don't feel like driving to the dispo just for a gram of wax, as much as I want some.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I can roll a joint that will look every bit as though a creature with inarticulate paws somehow managed to skin up a doobie.

Waxy monkey tree frogs have opposable thumbs on all four hands.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Canna Waxxy Monkey tree frogs?

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      I got chameleon frogs out here in the sticks. I use to call them cement frogs as when on the sidewalk they blend right in. But then I saw one on a security light and it was green against the green grass back ground.

How do they know how to do that?

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      3Berries not sure ... I have pics of a light green frog suctioned to my kitchen wall but the kitchen was ugly yellow.

3Berries I used to have an octopus as a pet. The only true chameleon. Not only could it change color but it could change shape instantly. Would often have to point him out on the coral. I would have different color Christmas bulbs, the old type. They are very territorial. Throw an orange one in and he would grab it and change orange and smooth his skin. Drop in a piece of lava rock and he would change red and match the texture of the rock. Sadly they don't live very long in captivity.
    braap
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

As many corporate commercials featuring Minions there are, I haven't seen a single commercial for the movie. Yeah me!
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

You know what I love...?
        World Photography Day
        A Celebration of Photography, August 19th, 2022

Comment

Suuuup ATU. Just dropping by to say hello. It's been a while. Glad to see you're still around. I've been off grid for over q year now. Just getting back to browsing the forum

Comment

• Satyaban
            Satyaban commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy smokes, I'm scrolling through and my eyes rested on your avatar which immediately reminding me I have go to the basement and visit my plants. My day has been unique and almost busy.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Zzzzup, 9fingerleafs !!! I was laying low for a while during covid, but I'm back. Good to see your smiling face!!!!!

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Growing it's my full time job now. So I've been very busy too. Until this last month. The heat from summer makes it very difficult to grow so I slow down production for a couple of months.

I love figuring shit out using what I got. Ready to give it a go . Got about 500 ft to take it and then back up to insert.....

Comment

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd say the same thing it's been doing for the last 40 years sticking in the ground. It's not me that considers it toxic, just the regulators.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point. Just don't burn them or lick them.

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually I have three around and the part that was underground all look new on all of them. So apparently the creosote must evaporate to the air over time..

You know what I love....... mountain biking.........at sunset. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220816_194646750_HDR.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	574026
          braap

Comment

The first link.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I see you got your helmet head on are you preparing for aliens or acid rain? Maybe kitties falling from the sky?

Had one of these fly overhead today at about 8k ft. What a sweet sounding engine.... F51D Mustang fighter/bomber

Click image for larger version  Name:	25703_1288799318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	278.3 KB ID:	574380
          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            This one is sporting invasion stripes from Operation Overlord.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            But do any of you know the name of the pilot?

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            I probably could. The live Fight Radar showed the plane registration, it's how I knew it was a F51 and not a P51.

UndergroundFarmer That is a stock photo not the actual plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BongJong.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	574398

Creativity
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Feco.png
Views:	470
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	574555
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X