Spot watering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot watering

Y'all might know of my Creme de la Pants. I put a seed directly into final pot. It is doing nicely.
    Since it is just a wee thing, I wonder how far away from the stalk is necessary to get water to all the roots. My question is what happens to the roots if water is not getting to the ends of the roots? Like growing in fabric pots, the roots die at the ends and regrow when they hit oxygen. Same-same in soil/coco?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

I read an interesting article once in the Journal of Science about how plant roots can sense water availability and modify their branching to access moisture via rapid root growth. I have a friend that only bottom waters her tomato plants and it works well for her. However, I don't know how well this would work for new seedlings.

Comment

Dang good question Gingerbeard from what i've learned is they do seek out through the roots for water source even just damp soil but i've not tried to force them too i give them good " shots " of fluid i just try not to over do it. I'll water them daily if they need it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Lots of folks 'round here say it's a good idea to let your plants dry out, between waterings. Could be a thing?
        Part of my curiosity comes from my hips hang over the drip tray a good 4" a side. Until it goes back in it's final home, I need to keep the watering inside my waist.
        It really doesn't seem like there would be an issue.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

I too have planted seed in their final pot and done well with it. When they are first leafing out, I do a ring around the plant equal to the stretch of the longest leaves. Also misting the wee thing may help in the very early stages.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

At day 10 I kinda watered it around the stem with about 3 ounces of water and vaporized it a bit once every 24 hrs. So far it work for me.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X