Are these aphids......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these aphids......?

Hello Fellow Growers....what on earth are these bugs on my ladies leaves...is there anyone out there can help with info...so I can treat the plants..?
    Attached Files

From what I can see, they look like aphids.

Comment

Yup, looks like aphids....here's the link...Good luck!
      Learn how to identify and get rid of aphids (aka greenflies /blackflies) and prevent them from ever attacking your cannabis again!
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

Black aphids. This far along in flowering, about the only things you can do are physical. Shake the plant. Use a leaf blower. Remove leaves. Run your thumb over them to squish them. You won't be able to get rid of them. The best you can do is mitigate the spread.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry. Tres gourmet.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          PpppppFffffffffffTtttttttt don't blame the grower blame the breeder ppppfffftttttt FYI breeder WOS is sending me some new packages proving they are guilty non ?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Let's not forget Illudium Q-36!

Maybe try a local nursery and see if you can buy a couple thousand lady bugs? Thats a lot of aphids.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

I wouldnt shake plant. You're trying to remove not spread. Outdoor plants you'll need to check backs of leaves daily. Not every one but multiple ones per plant. Normally leaves with bugs will have white specs or damage holes brown or white damage. I use dr. Bonner's peppermint soap as a repellent foliar spray every 3 to 4 days until flower. Then I'll still mist the top soil and pots once in flower. Gently remove infected leaves by pinching with thumb nail and index finger put those leaves in a bag and throw away.

Now it's too late you can only remove the best you can. Before flower or a bug issue during veg you can use neem oil on adults or leaf bugs and soil drench on eggs if in soil. Or that mint soap works well on thrips as well as long as it's not a large infestation. May work then but I've never experienced that to say.

With that peppermint soap personally I'll just place infected leaf face down on ground and soak the leaf in the soap spray.
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-27-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Howdy Heatwave. Looks like you have some unwanted guests. homegrown gave you a good solution to the problem, ladybugs, but there is another 'natural' way to kill them off and quickly. make a bag from an old leg of a pair of panty hose. Put a half of a bag of chewing tobacco in it and boil in about 1/2 of a gallon of water for approximately 30 minuets. Let the 'broth' cool down. Mix a cup of the tobacco broth in a half gallon of plain water and add one drop of liquid dish soap (as a wetting agent) to the mix. spray the infected plants completely (top and bottoms of the leaves). The mosaic rust (if any) should be killed by the boiling and will not harm the plants, but the nicotine will kill the aphids. This spray will also kill of the bag worms that effect evergreens and junipers as well.
            Good luck with your extermination!
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X