Stretching???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching???

Hi, I just started on this auto flower and I am worried that it's starting to stretch so I have a couple of questions.

It's on day 6 currently and I was wondering if it was too tall or is the light too far? The plant is currently 7 cm tall and getting the 18/6 cycle the light is currently 25-26 cm away from the plant. I am using a PNLX1000, should I fill up with a little more soil if it gets any taller because I didn't fill the pot up fully.

Thank you for any help or suggestions. 🙏

Yes add soil, you can go up to those baby starter leaves for now.
    Yes the plant is reaching for the light, move it (the light) down a tad.

Comment

Comment

If you've never watered anything be careful with that medium. With no aeration medium will compact easier and over water easier. Over watering autos is detrimental

Comment

You don't have a Motorola Phone do you that is causing those stripes in the pics? I'm experiencing that on my new one after the Android update to 11.

Comment

I can't find any information on a PNLX1000 light. Does it go by another name? At 10"/25cm I'm very surprised that your seedling is stretching for light. By all means fill your pot for added support.

Comment

1000W Full Spectrum LED growth panel / Plant Light (lumeri.eu)
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

The light is fine for that small space all I did was highlight the name then clicked web search it came right up

Comment

Thanks for the link Gingerbeard. With 200 true watts at 10" that seedling should be fried not stretching.

Comment

Depends on light and quality that's 200 watts it does all but touch plants.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow thank you everyone for the help and information.
                      I always check every hour or two for any signs of too much heat, i have a big fan that i have always on in my room for personal use and another smaller fan near the plant that i turn on when i think its too hot.
                      The lights is at around 15 cm right now and i dont see signs of stretching at the moment, but i will keep updating, the second set of true leaves are starting to sprout already.
                      I water every day or two mostly but i always check by sticking my finger or a pencil into the soil to check if its too dry.

Comment

Starting in smaller pots helps with not over under watering. You can fill the whole pot or water from the bottom early which helps in root development.

Comment

Should I move the light up?
                          Last edited by KronozOG; 06-04-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Looking good. Need to look at owners manual or online to see what your lights recommended distance is, I couldn't find it online. If it's not in owners manual that's no bueno meaning they didn't even test that. Being a blurple they have different heights. But your temp says 23c not too hot your humidity says 80% which is too high if you're not germinating or have a newly sprouted plant.

Why would you think you may need to move light up? I dont really see a problem with plant light related that you could be referring to.
                            Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-04-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• GroBuddy
                              GroBuddy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I saw that too more likely due to 80% humidity with inadequate air flow through plants canopy or from spraying your leaves with light on. Could start googling before doing anything. Just to see if it's okay to do to plants in general. Spraying plants with lights on will cause damage. That's what I used to do anyways google, Not being a smart ass. Water droplets can act like a magnifying glass and burn damage even burn holes into leaves. Heat can also cause leaves to do that but again reverting to adequate air flow and air circulation with a inline fan and oscillating or clip fans will keep that in check. Plants stay under light heat with no clean cooler air movement it's pretty much suffocating plants breath and release moisture having improper air circulation or vpd ( vapor pressure deficit ) will hinder plants over all health. Extent will vary
                              Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-04-2022, 03:18 PM.

• GroBuddy
                              GroBuddy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              With youtube just have to watch multiple videos everyone does things differently. There are certain things that are universal, donts like misting with lights on or foilar sprays while in flower just a couple. Also helps to YouTube cannabis grown in your state or place with similar environment. The environment you're trying to grow in has alot to do with how you need to have equipment set up. Watching someone grow in a way you can grow allowing you to mimic then adjust with experience to find your method helps. Vs you trying to mimic someone like me that lives in 7% humidity 120°F summers for example

• KronozOG
                              KronozOG commented
                              Editing a comment
                              its normally cold here but right now its summer so outside temp is about 25+ anyways last time i grew it was really cold and i did not have this growlight i live in the EU so yea weather is shit except for summer haha

I hope that fan will be okay and the humidity is back down to 71% temp 25°c. And yes I am growing with those jackets there it is in my closet I put the jackets there so the light wouldn't light up my room for my neighbors to see because it is only decriminalized here with no clear laws hehe.

And damn I did not know that spraying it with the lights on would affect it at all I always try to Google everything I am no experienced grower I watch YouTube videos and my teacher is Google and you guys 😅
                            Last edited by KronozOG; 06-04-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                              SoOrbudgal commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm glad you at least got one above ground now. But it's not going to be a " good " first grow unless you learn what the plant needs to thrive. Pay attention to your plant medium ( soil ) it need air stones perilite mixed in else your going to under water or over water thinking it looks dry. I don't want to make things harder but you may be chasing problems here real soon. READ and get the plant into a larger pot with perilite. I'm telling you this now so you won't quit trying when this plant starts to suffer. What strain is it ?

• KronozOG
                              KronozOG commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I will not let this die it is my only hope haha i check it every hour to see if everything is okay it is like my child. Tomorrow i will head to the shop to get some supplies for it i have another pot ready i just need some perilite and i mixed some kind of fertilizer in the soil in the current pot before transplant it has that NKP stuff and some organics in it (on the pack it says MESTSTOF, its in dutch) i will get some picture for you to see if i messed up haha

on the pack i got it says Cherry X Alien Auto from https://www.originalseedsstore.com/o...en-auto~21708#
                              Weird site but cheap seeds because of my budget but got here really fast with tracking from spain
                              Last edited by KronozOG; 06-04-2022, 02:53 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X