Question for the urbanites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the urbanites

For the last 20yrs I lived on the outskirts of town on a few fairly secluded acres. Any time I would trim or after a harvest I just took the waste and tossed it into the woods beside my house.

Things have changed recently and I’m wondering what to do with the waste. I’m now in a residential cluster fuck of a neighborhood with other houses all around me. I’m in a illegal state so I can’t put a big bag of green smelling trash out. Plus if it was legal I just wouldn’t want my neighbors to know what I had going on.

What do you urbanites do with your plant matter after trimming or harvest?

Do you have a wood stove?, burn it. If not, seal it up in a old plastic container and put in garbage.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'd cut it small enough to go in a paper bag and run it out to the woods in your car where you can empty it.

Comment

Mine go in open shopping bags and sit there until they dry out. Keeping it loose helps it dry faster. Never had an issue with smell.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Yes i'm going to fall into your category now also. I'm making a " bar-b-q- pit" yes that's right LOL. I've asked my next door neighbors is it legal to have a open pit for burning in town. Oh yes we call it " bar b que " so fuck it i'm chopping those plants into 6 to 8" stalks an burning come Oct. but yes i'm in a legal state. I used a woodstove prior or threw them in the woods.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be bar-weed-que😉

I also hate to hear that! You had a sweet pad too
            Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-10-2022, 02:48 PM.

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems like putting my trim into a bag until there’s no smell then disposing somewhere offsite may be the way to go.

Comment

Most of my "leftovers" I mulch and go in the worm compost bin.

Comment

I just dumped my defoliate leaves on the lawn and mulched them with the mower today.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                That’s not a bad idea this time of year

I used to dispose of things that I didn't want here in fast food bags that I put in the trash container on my way into a store. Or a dumpster at night.
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I used to compost everything, however last year we had bore worm issues so now I burn them. No way for those damn bugs to winter in them that way!

Comment

Bump, this thread ain't dead. Just came to say, burning is not the best idea in the city. It really disperses the smell. Composting on site probably best.. But that could generate retrievable evidence. As would putting it in your own trash. As could transporting it in your vehicle to dispose of. Each opens you to potential risks.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo bango! Exactly why I asked lol I’m leaning towards putting all my plant matter in a paper bag and leaving it in my drying tent until there’s no scent then disposing at the nearest offsite trash can; gas station, fast food restaurant ect

Theres always the barby, toss them in and some charcoal followed by burgers, IF you can still BBQ in the city!

Comment

I cut my stems and leaves up really fine and just put them in the kitchen compost like anything else. Compost gets picked up biweekly, by that point whatever I put in there would be unrecognizable anyway.
                    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X