• Show
Clear All

Amber Or Not, It Ain't Ready

Click image for larger version

Name:	v trichs.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	558844
    I brought my little, neglected, and abused volunteer indoors today to get a respite from some
    strong nasty cold winds. Set her in the window and decided while she was up there I would look
    at trichome development. WTF? There is easily 30% amber and clearly she is no where near ready
    for harvest. Anyone else ever experience this? I've never had a winter grow before so this is all new
    territory for me. She started life in a potato bucket and I transplanted her into a 3 gallon plastic
    container where I would give her sunlight during the day and put her under lights in the evening until
    she seemed strong enough to hold flower. I'm sorry but my $1200 stoopid smart phone doesn't have the
    capability to take closeups or I would share them with y'all. You think it could be the lengthening daylight
    hours throwing it for a loop? I'm looking at about 11 1/2 hours of light right now in SoCal. and they're
    getting longer.

Plants don't follow schedules. If its amber its finished.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

The Loch Ness Freakshow is in SoCal?
      We're getting the same winds. Tree cleaners, I call them. Small craft advisories and high surf advisories.
      The recent rains have closed the beaches, again, because of TJ runoff. I mean, locals know to stay away. Tourists need to read the brochures.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        No FreakShow yet. Due to popular demand, they will be making a return engagement in just a few short weeks when we're looking at 12+ hours of daylight. I've decided that Vanilla Frosting will take center stage in this years grow and I'm hedging my bets that I can get the 4 year old Super Glue seeds to pop. I may even try some of my bag seed and see what comes up. At the peak of todays wind I watched someone's patio cover breaking the speed limit down the middle of my street.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        You must live in McCormik. It's the only place I know with speed limits for patio covers.
        I look forward to seeing your next plants.

so why do you think shes no where near ready? you grew her outdoor the whole time, moving her inside at night? that impressive. i had some old bag seeds I threw in some dirt in my back yard in Jan, I couldn't believe it, two sprouted. they have 4 sets of leaves now. after they sprouted, I put a clear plastic bucket over them. I guess it keeps them warm at night, cuz they still alive! I'm in the OC.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        This ain't my first rodeo and I usually have a pretty good idea of when they're ready and if it weren't for the amber I would say at least 3 more weeks. It hasn't even begun to drain its sun leaves yet, The buds still aren't as fat and dense as they should be and plenty of fresh stigma hair still. You've been getting even worse winds there in OC than I have. The Palos Verdes Peninsula provides me a little break except today because it's coming out of the north here.

Combination of sun and wind will amber them. Most of the trichomes exposed to the sun on snowcaine ambered several weeks before she was done. Like you I listened to the plant and let her go. Gonna run a few more freaks myself this summer. Does great around here.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

i'm on day 62 of flower, on my indoor grow of Master Kush. I thought they would be ready by now, but nope.
        Attached Files

Comment

If you are not in a hurry, just let her go. Once the leaves start yellowing all over the plant, not just the bottom leaves, then it's ready.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X